Mission 6: Decision Overload  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Rating

• Positive (So many choices: #TeamMirage #TeamFreyja #TeamMakiMaki #TeamSpicyJellyfishchips #TeamUmiNeko)
    • Neutral
    • Negative (#TeamBuzzkill)

Everyone should have been pretty sure that Delta wouldn't reach Frontier levels of sales/ratings from the outset. Even if it was the only show of interest this season. The conditions were just ripe for Frontier. These days there are more shows and fandom is more compartmentalized than before. Plus this season's line up also happens to be uncommonly strong, IMO.

That pretty much is a given, to us anyway, but for the marketers who shopped the show around and the sponsors who were sold on it, well that's a different matter.

It was probably sold as something that was going to be bigger than Frontier to garner their interest, which is most likely isn't going to help their perceptions much.

Actually Mylene would be a fun surprise, not only for the audience, but also for Mirage.... B))

It really would be awesome if Lady M actually is Mylene. I'd love to see what she looks like as an adult!

Cue 10 sec VF-11 MAXL- Advance cameo!

The new song, Walkure Attack is really growing on me. One of their best, if not their best one, IMO.

If this one is the better ones they've got, then I would have to say that that Delta's music is seriously lack lustre. Except for Ikenai borderline, non of the songs's tunes have made it enough an impression that I am able to recall the tune.

Kanno is seriously missed here.

If this one is the better ones they've got, then I would have to say that that Delta's music is seriously lack lustre. Except for Ikenai borderline, non of the songs's tunes have made it enough an impression that I am able to recall the tune.

Kanno is seriously missed here.

But I actually like Walkure Attack better than Ikenai borderline. The song, with that drumline seems a much better fit for space battles. Also, IMO it does a much better job of balancing each of the girls voices (whereas Ikenai Borderline seems to be mostly Junna).

It really would be awesome if Lady M actually is Mylene. I'd love to see what she looks like as an adult!

I'd love to see Mylene again, but Lady M is obviously Doctor Chiba.

I really like that they aren't just leaving Mirage's family as a namedrop. It would've been so easy to make her a Jenius for the name recognition and then just leave it at that, but they decided to go into how the name affects Mirage, the burden of her family's reputation.

Her grandparents are literally living legends, her aunt can rock the skies without even having proper flight controls, and Mirage is... decent, but not exceptional. She knows she isn't living up to her heritage, she knows everyone around her knows, and it is eating away at her inside.

Actually, I wonder if that's why she's out in the boonies with Delta squadron now instead of still with the spacey . Did she leave to escape her legacy?

Because let's be honest here. The ragnans didn't fight Space War 1. Max and Millia may as well just be characters in a story. When she goes out on Ragna, Mirage is just Mirage. In the spacey, she was never going to be more than "the Jenius' disappointment of a granddaughter", whether it was fair or not. Out there, far from Earth, she can be herself, succeed or fail on her own merit. She won't be held up to an impossibly high standard.

But I actually like Walkure Attack better than Ikenai borderline. The song, with that drumline seems a much better fit for space battles. Also, IMO it does a much better job of balancing each of the girls voices (whereas Ikenai Borderline seems to be mostly Junna).

Maybe it'll grow on me after I listen to it a few more times, but right now it isn't doing very much for me. It took me a while before Ikenai borderline grew on me.

In contrast, most of Kanno's songs(musical tunes at the very least)for frontier were "insta-buys"

It was cool!

New technical equipment for the VF-31 planes and units "Alpha" and "Gamma" in the battle ...

An impressive battle between "chaos" and "Knights of the Wind", which Hayate spectacularly saved both her girlfriends ...

Superbly opened mutual relations and motivation of characters, and thank God that there were no whining ... I mean, post-traumatic stress syndrome and other pacifism ...

Convincingly demonstrated the causes of "haste" in the subjects of the Kingdom of the Wind ...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way, where is the downright, religious attitude is to "wind" and not the "five elements" such as shamanism?

And unlike that windemer are descendants of birds ...

So what could be the reason?

Edited by Mit

The music, in my view, seems "meh" - not bad, just "another anime track" - and now I understand how cool Kanno is in Frontier. I did criticize her before but now I see much better.

I hoped they would try Yuki Kajiura next but they didn't. And anyway Yuki Kajiura would certainly not fit this story, she would fit another contemplative philosophical thing like Zero - but Zero was just a short OVA series and it feels dragged out even at that size, this concept probably would not work for a full TV series.

OST will be released in June. OP/ED single just got released today.

Finally, the extended version of the ending credits song Rune ga Pika to Hikattara. :)

I like this song. The rest not so much so far. The ending credits song captures the spirit of M7 IMHO. I'm thinking that's why the ending credits animation looks inspired by M7 as well.

Edited by sharky

Cue 10 sec VF-11 MAXL- Advance cameo!

Let's not and say we did.... One of the ugliest valks ever!

Superbly opened vzaimootnoshsheniya and motivation of characters, and thank God that there were no whining ... I mean, post-traumatic stress syndrome and other pacifism ...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way, where is the downright, religious attitude is to "wind" and not the "five elements" such as shamanism?

And unlike that windemer are descendants of birds ...

So what could be the reason?

Umm, if you've experienced or known someone who experiences PTSD, you wouldn't call it "whining" or pacifism <_< You can join the service and easily find out first hand if you want...

One theory regarding the religious attitude toward the "wind" is a religion similar to the Mayan Islander's worship of the Kadun in Mac Zero.

Edited by Zinjo

One theory regarding the religious attitude toward the "wind" is a religion similar to the Mayan Islander's worship of the Kadun in Mac Zero.

Not exactly as the Kadun particularly the Kadun of Conflict which comes from a far off sea that brings the wind of ruin is the sign and portent of an apocalypse as the Bird Human would awaken.

I have theory. We know the story early on their colonization period Protoculture used Zentradi against each other. Then they united under the Stellar Republic. Until 70 years later it grew too big to be administrated centrally that civil war split it to two factions.

It could be the ruins in Winderemere and the Var syndrome is one of the reasons for the war.

Cause really why would the Protodevlin feed on negative emotion based Spiritia unless it was the most abundant of the time.

Edited by RedWolf

Not exactly as the Kadun particularly the Kadun of Conflict which comes from a far off sea that brings the wind of ruin is the sign and portent of an apocalypse as the Bird Human would awaken.

I have theory. We know the story early on their colonization period Protoculture used Zentradi against each other. Then they united under the Stellar Republic. Until 70 years later it grew too big to be administrated centrally that civil war split it to two factions.

It could be the ruins in Winderemere and the Var syndrome is one of the reasons for the war.

Cause really why would the Protodevlin feed on negative emotion based Spiritia unless it was the most abundant of the time.

Hmm, could be.

I like to believe that a situation similar to the mind control risk that Grace exposed in Frontier was the cause of the PC Civil War. For me that seems logical. The PC artifacts and the Var may well be left over weaponry from that period though or even the PD war period.

Edited by Zinjo

Finally, the extended version of the ending credits song Rune ga Pika to Hikattara. :)

I like this song. The rest not so much so far. The ending credits song captures the spirit of M7 IMHO. I'm thinking that's why the ending credits animation looks inspired by M7 as well.

Well the single registered 4th in the daily oricon chart.

Makes sense, it's definitely the catchiest of the songs so far. Ikenai Borderline is good, but mostly because it's so different from any other Macross songs. The ED is the only one that consistently sticks with me.

It's her rune that makes it great. The song is chock full of rune-y goodness.

I liked it a lot but I still can't get over how stupid the thing with Hayate not wearing a helmet is. I know Basara never wore a helmet but it still looks dumb while his teammates all wear helmets. In episode 6 is was pretty glaring when he came to the rescue of Mirage and in one scene you see her helmeted face and in the next you see Hayate with no helmet. I think I would have an easier time when Hayate had a holographic cockpit like the Aerial Knights but I guess this would be too far of a stretch.

The action part was pretty good. Too bad the music was weak, dare I say monotone? Frontier had more dynamic music that was a better fit with the action scenes. I also highly appreciate the serious talk between Hayate and Mirage at the end. This show finally shows some depth! Best of all, I don't remember Freyja doing any super annoying stuff this episode. So it gets a solid neutral vote this time.

Edited by Lorindor

got hooked on Ikenai Borderline when it first came on.

but now, i'm really pining for the equivalents of Northern Cross, Don't be late, and Lion to give some oomph into the visually already awesome action scenes.

The full version of "If I Love Only Once" has a bit of that kind of punch... I'd really like to get something along the lines of Infinity #7 or Lion from them though.

I liked it a lot but I still can't get over how stupid the thing with Hayate not wearing a helmet is. I know Basara never wore a helmet but it still looks dumb while his teammates all wear helmets. In episode 6 is was pretty glaring when he came to the rescue of Mirage and in one scene you see her helmeted face and in the next you see Hayate with no helmet. I think I would have an easier time when Hayate had a holographic cockpit like the Aerial Knights but I guess this would be too far of a stretch.

Yeah, it kinda seems odd. Alto had the same fetish regarding flying in the wind but he wore a helmet.... A bit puzzling.

got hooked on Ikenai Borderline when it first came on.

but now, i'm really pining for the equivalents of Northern Cross, Don't be late, and Lion to give some oomph into the visually already awesome action scenes.

They are dangerously close to overplaying the same songs like M7 did...

Edited by Zinjo

They are dangerously close to overplaying the same songs like M7 did...

Ikenai Borderline? They've only played it in episode 1 and 2 (and both times were actually the same instance of the song, it just got split between them). So really it only played once in 6 episodes so far. By comparison Love, Halation the War, and the song from episode 3 have been played twice each (the latter appeared again in episode 4 right before the Aerial Knights stole the show with their battroids).

In any case I think Kawamori actually said the plan is to try to introduce a new song at least once every couple episodes if not more to keep things fresh.

Edited by Master Dex

Alto was a pilot before he ever stepped into the cockpit of a fighter. Hayate is a dancer.

He was in training to be a pilot. The show never really established how much stick time he'd had before climbing into a Messiah.

He was in training to be a pilot. The show never really established how much stick time he'd had before climbing into a Messiah.

Maybe he spent time in simulators I would speculate, but in the show it seemed it was his first time in a real Valk when he jumped in one to save Ranka. He seemed nervous at first.

I definitely feel the songs are the weakest part of Delta so far. The only one I mildly like and can kinda remember is Ikenai Borderline.

As for the others, nothing sticks in my head.

I dislike the ending song and really don't get why people are saying it has a Mac 7 vibe..............no way!

I also felt the song played during the battle in episode 6 was not a good match for the action scenes.

Graham

I dislike the ending song and really don't get why people are saying it has a Mac 7 vibe..............no way!

Graham

I agree that music is the weakest point of Delta until now and I also only remember the catchy Giri giri ai of Ikenai Borderline and Bokura no Senjou (Insert song ep 03).

As for why people says that the ending have a Mac7 vibe is more related to what we see in the animation (real footage mixed with animation), rather than the songs being similar.