Arcadia YF-19 Big problem

nextkill

Plastic welding glue and it would be as tough as new.

If you want this part in metal, that's a completely different story. Making the shape is pretty easy.

I don't know if this part has threads but making a screw thread in steel part is difficult and requires very good tools! The option is to make it in brass, but printing brass is more expensive. So check for screws first!

This sort of breakage was actually seen before in several versions of the Yamato VF-19 mold, and while annoying, I believe it doesn't really have any serious effect on transformation or posing, as long as you don't move that joint past the last detent to let it hang..

That upper thigh joint just doesn't have as much range as people expected.

I assume you mean you want to make a new part in metal to replace the blue section? I honestly wouldn't suggest trying to do that, because while it'll fix the problem of the tab not being strong enough, you also have to entirely disassemble the hip to get to those pieces. That's not an easy task, and you may do far more damage to the hip getting it apart than is worth it to repair that little hidden tab.

If you mean you want to order replacement parts, you're fairly well out of luck unless you live in Japan, or have someone who can order the parts directly from Arcadia. Even then though, the best you'll get are plastic parts, since the originals aren't metal.

Just to clarify though, did yours actually break, or are you trying to fix the part before it has a chance to fail? If it hasn't broken yet, there is really nothing to fix. Just don't bend the leg more than three clicks, and you'll have no problem.

Edited by Chronocidal

I was just gonna ask that question too as your 1st post states that you found a picture on the internet. It wasn't clear if you have the same issue as the pic or you're worried something like this might happen to your YF. I've handled mine pretty roughly and as long as you don't try to force it past the clicks it should be fine.