Macross Δ (Delta) - Mission 5 - READ 1st POST

azrael

Mission 5: Moonlight Dancing  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Rating

• Positive (It's a supernatural delight Everybody's dancin' in the moonlight)
    • Neutral
    • Negative (Needs more cats)

Max and Milia likely kept that little anecdote off the official record. And left that little tidbit out when the girls asked.

How did you meet mommy?

Well, I asked your mom on a date and she tried to stab me and we got into a knife fight. We met during the war.

:D

Dude. If a beautiful, giant, Meltrandi woman looked at me and said "Utsukushii" (beautiful) then there's no question she's INSTANT WAIFU. :D

i'm waiting for the episode mirage sings.

*crosses fingers.

Me too! She'll just change the lyrics around a bit...

"Tsun Tsuuun! Tsun Tsuuun! Watashi no Kare Wa Pairotto"

Dude. If a beautiful, giant, Meltrandi woman looked at me and said "Utsukushii" (beautiful) then there's no question she's INSTANT WAIFU. :D

Needs an attempted stabbing though to be sure.

Me too! She'll just change the lyrics around a bit...

"Tsun Tsuuun! Tsun Tsuuun! Watashi no Kare Wa Pairotto"

It should be "Watashi no BAKA Wa Pairotto".

I do wonder if the dimensional barrier on Windermere is similar to the Ouroboros aurora where there are fold faults.

If so NUNS can't make a first strike as it negates fold drives... Unless Chaos has Fold Dimensional Resonance System on their VF-31s. As the VF-31 was based on the YF-30.

perhaps they can call the vajra to open that barrier, just like on frontier ep 25

Needs an attempted stabbing though to be sure.

It should be "Watashi no BAKA Wa Pairotto".

Joke's on you. Hayate and Freyja start a duet and their first hit single is "Watashi no kanojo wa pairotto." Mirage gets embarrassed and stabs them both. Happy ending for everybody.

:blink: I was referring to fact that I'm sure Max and Milia left out some of the more gory details of a "How I Met Your Mother".

Ragna and Windemere never had a choice in alien intervention. I see Windremere and Ragna like Native Americans and Polynesians who werr visited by colonizers. No matter the intenition Spacy had bearing down on primitives is going to have severe consrquences. Windemerians probably see their own culture disappearing and assimilating to the Aliens. "uplifiting" is a more modern term of colonization.

As my Philippine History teacher said, colonization is not all bad, as it is a double-edged sword with both bad sides (colonial mentality) and good sides (having trade with others and new technology). And also, I think the colonization of those planets took place before the treaty preventing colonization of inhabited planets was ratified.

Ragna and Windemere never had a choice in alien intervention. I see Windremere and Ragna like Native Americans and Polynesians who werr visited by colonizers. No matter the intenition Spacy had bearing down on primitives is going to have severe consrquences. Windemerians probably see their own culture disappearing and assimilating to the Aliens. "uplifiting" is a more modern term of colonization.

As my Philippine History teacher said, colonization is not all bad, as it is a double-edged sword with both bad sides (colonial mentality) and good sides (having trade with others and new technology). And also, I think the colonization of those planets took place before the treaty preventing colonization of inhabited planets was ratified.

:blink: I was referring to fact that I'm sure Max and Milia left out some of the more gory details of a "How I Met Your Mother".

Yes yes, I know. :) I was just making a silly unrelated comment. Don't mind me Az-chan!

Joke's on you. Hayate and Freyja start a duet and their first hit single is "Watashi no kanojo wa pairotto." Mirage gets embarrassed and stabs them both. Happy ending for everybody.

I doubt Mirage would go THAT far. She's Tsundere but not violent. Though she does have that Meltrandi blood so.... I could be wrong. :huh:

Sounds like a much more interesting show than the one we got.

Messer is kind of a dick, but he's also kind of right. Hayate doesn't really get that things are serious.

And Hayate actually listens to him after the lecture both times. So I peg Messer for being like the up-tightest lawful good kind of guy.

Also the most likely to die when he displays signs of softening, particularly if it involves Kaname.

I wonder if there's a double-edge sword to it. Heinz's song is a "sad" song. He's making others sick and at the same time, spreading his own illness within himself. He's exasperating whatever condition he has.

So either A) that device requires a tremendous amount of willpower which Heinz doesn't have or B) that device works two-fold; it heightens whatever state the user is in. In Heinz's case, it's accelerating his deteriorating health..

Either way, continued used of that device will kill Heinz.

that would track with how song worked in M7. Basra's positive song broke the PD mind control. Equally considerable, song itself evokes emotion so if the artifact has a bio-feedback feature, it would amplify the user's physical and emotional state.

Edited by Zinjo

As stated by Roid they believe they are the rightful heirs of the Protoculture not Humans. This is out of envy of Earth being a more advanced civilization. Perhaps this philosophy is also reaction to Lactence which is a pro-Earth and pro-central government. The majority of humanity does not share that view that is why decentralization happened. The Zentradi chapter of Lactence Fasces believe Earth culture is pretty much the second coming of the Protoculture and all Children of the Protoculture should unite into a Stellar Republic 2.0. Other Zentradi like Richard Bilrer isn't as extreme but believes the way to the unification of the Children of the Protoculture is through making the galaxy a smaller place thus enriching culture.

On the plus side of humanity being heirs of the Protoculture they have fulfilled the Protoculture's hopes. Different species coming together with love. They have succeeded where the Protoculture failed. Having the Protodevlin be no longer a threat to all life by convincing them to change. And has done something they dared not do. Make friends with the Vajra.

To quote Delenn of B5:

"Before the war Dukhat wanted to know more about your people, so I began studying your history. I came to the conclusion that of all the races we had encountered humans were the most dangerous. Because humans form communities, and from that diversity comes a strength no single race can withstand. That is your strength and it is that which makes you dangerous."

-- Delenn to Sheridan in Babylon 5:"Lines of Communication"

Edited by RedWolf

Because the colonists in Macross 1 were all a bunch of cat lovers who immediately gained the favor of our umineko overlords.

EDIT: Screencaps of the grandparents if anyone's interested.

f7rmGaD.jpg

LOL, taken right out of the Tenjin portfolio... :lol:

As stated by Roid they believe they are the rightful heirs of the Protoculture not Humans. This is out of envy of Earth being a more advanced civilization. Perhaps this philosophy is also reaction to Lactence which is a

To quote Delenn of B5:

"Before the war Dukhat wanted to know more about your people, so I began studying your history. I came to the conclusion that of all the races we had encountered humans were the most dangerous. Because humans form communities, and from that diversity comes a strength no single race can withstand. That is your strength and it is that which makes you dangerous."

-- Delenn to Sheridan in Babylon 5:"Lines of Communication"

Love that show, some of the best SF on TV...

Yeah, I'm not crazy about Messer either, but he does make some good points about Hayate. The latter is terribly irresponsible, does whatever he like including going on joyrides in times of war. A lot of the characters are really growing on me (Freyja, Mirage, Makina, Kaname and even some Windermereans) but not Hayate. He is still a bit of an empty slate and has the whole "World bend yourself to me" thing going which I don't like (Basara is different. He was a natural force).

Messer is my favorite character and in my opinion he was completely in the right and let Hayate off lightly. Hayate took a VF out on an unorthodox joyride.

i'm probably the 1% on this forum who's loving Messer.

plus, tsundere flyboys are so hot <3

Looks like I'm in the minority here. :)

Definitely interested to see how the characters will change (if at all) throughout the series.

Edited by RDX17

unite as stellar republic 2.0. isn't that UNG is the embrio of stellar republic 2.0? UNG already reach almost the whole galaxy. perhaps if there are common enemy from other galaxy the planets would unite to defend against that threat. just like spacewar 1 when earth is united cause of threat from zentradi

I would bet the Windemer feel they are the "Rightful Heirs" because they never "tainted" their bloodlines with inter-species blood, like other races did. What they are not aware of is that is exactly what the PC wanted and that is how the heirs were to be chosen as we saw in M7. Only true PC or a hybrid bloodline could open the PC archive in M7.

I wonder how the barrier is affecting their world's climate. The idea of trapped CO2 does not make a world "colder"....

unite as stellar republic 2.0. isn't that UNG is the embrio of stellar republic 2.0? UNG already reach almost the whole galaxy. perhaps if there are common enemy from other galaxy the planets would unite to defend against that threat. just like spacewar 1 when earth is united cause of threat from zentradi

The NUNG isn't even close to reaching the habitable worlds of the old PC Republic... It took the PC millenia to accomplish that.

Edited by Zinjo

He's allowed to. When he signed up he said to Arad "Im just gonna do what I want" and Arad said "Yeah, ok." If hayate isnt allowed to do it how could he get Freyja into a flight suit, get the fighter out and ready, take off and fly around awhile without anyone radioing or saying something? I think Messer was probably just brooding out the window and saw him out there.

I wouldn't say he's really allowed to even if Arad said it was fine that he doesn't like to follow orders. Hayate is being an irresponsible and immature jackass who thinks he can do whatever he pleases. Taking the top of the line model military aircraft out for a joyride just proves he has no discipline and doesn't take his role in the Delta squadron seriously enough. Since Arad is too laid back to care about disciplining Hayate, Messer has to step up and do it himself even though it should be Arad's responsibility. Messer may be a hardass but his actions were on the right as Hayate will be nothing but a liability if he doesn't shape up.

Edited by Windrider

I wouldn't say he's really allowed to even if Arad said it was fine that he doesn't like to follow orders. Hayate is being an irresponsible and immature jackass who thinks he can do whatever he pleases. Taking the top of the line model military aircraft out for a joyride just proves he has no discipline and doesn't take his role in the Delta squadron seriously enough. Since Arad is too laid back to care about disciplining Hayate, Messer has to step up and do it himself even though it should be Arad's responsibility. Messer may be a hardass but his actions were on the right as Hayate will be nothing but a liability if he doesn't shape up.

Or maybe when you go out flying with your Walkure teammate it's a good bit of team bonding that got ruined by a dick in a black paintjob.

Or maybe when you go out flying with your Walkure teammate it's a good bit of team bonding that got ruined by a dick in a black paintjob.

There are other ways to do team bonding without having to steal a military aircraft and taking it out for a ride. Seriously Hayate has it all in the wrong in this regardless of his intention. The fact that they are now in a state of war and all he's doing is goofing off and being a rebellious fool gives Messer every right to chastise him.

Edited by Windrider

Does anyone have a screenshot of the Max/Milia image used in Episode 5? I know it's not the exact same image from DYRL and I want to compare the two.

I posted one a page back.

Because the colonists in Macross 1 were all a bunch of cat lovers who immediately gained the favor of our umineko overlords.

EDIT: Screencaps of the grandparents if anyone's interested.

f7rmGaD.jpg

3adoQh7.jpg

4YzQhWB.jpg

Edited by d3v

I wonder how the barrier is affecting their world's climate. The idea of trapped CO2 does not make a world "colder"....

I don't think the barrier is affecting their climate. I think it affects how the device works. That dimensional barrier may make it an ideal world for the device to function. Windermere might be a dimensional "sweet spot", so to speak.

I don't think the barrier is affecting their climate. I think it affects how the device works. That dimensional barrier may make it an ideal world for the device to function. Windermere might be a dimensional "sweet spot", so to speak.

Well if the Wind Singer has an interstellar range and the artifact amplifies that, you could be on to something.

Just got around to seeing Episode 5 today and it just confirmed a lot of what I had been thinking and what other's had helped point out. It also means that thankfully they are keeping a consistency for the galactic map. The only problem is that of course is that Delta doesn't chart any route from Eden only Earth. So we don't see the Galaxy Fleet's route, but we can make suppositions on where it had been based on Frontier's and well considering the ending of Frontier we can at least determine where Battle Galaxy was last at.

But the Megaroad landing on Windermere further gives me the confirmation that perhaps that ship had SV-51's/52's instead of VF-1's.

Is not that difficult you just need to go frame by frame... I fact the one with the initial idea was Aisha Blanchette but he/she didnt finish with a statement about Windermere or Ragna, but did this

tWGEDKY.jpg

Taking into account that I got to see for myself, but i didn't put names on the map or anything fancy as Aisha (I'm doing at this same moment my Ph. D. thesis paper), still I got this one for you.

70fXNFD.png

Also I got to correct myself here I said Macross 03, when I meant Macross 01 XD

And here you are a merge of what I can do right now and the original from Aisha

hhGOGAC.jpg

Well I did make a supposition that it was the Macross 3's fleet that landed on Ragna, but I looked back at my previous post and realized I kept saying Macross 2. Wow, proof I need to double check my posts. But anyways, it looks like I was pretty spot on with it being one of the low numbered Macross Fleets, but my idea of Macross 3 doesn't work out since rechecking everything made me remember that Macross 3 arrived at Eden 3 and unless Ragna was dubbed Eden 3 at some point, I am wrong there. (At least according to the Macross Compendium: http://macross.anime.net/wiki/2040 ) That aside... Paying attention to the winding routes in Frontier you can see the fleets that shoots off through the mid core out towards the Brisingr Globular Cluster, rewatching that scene a few times helped. Which is cool that there is a degree of consistency... Though one reason I haven't made any new posts since I first brought up the idea is because I've been working on my rough maps and trying to figure out the odd new additional fleet lines that don't match between Frontier and Delta... anyways here's my new maps. With a correction to the Macross 7 Fleet's position as well. But I still haven't figured out some things as you can tell.

J7iCyE7.jpg

xGUFVBq.jpg

It's hard trying to chart and map all the fleets with so little info and with my poor quality screen shots. But I think this is pretty darn close to correct.

Edit Note: Upon looking at Alberich's I was reminded I totally forgot Megaroad 13 and was adding the lost 5th fleet in when it shouldn't be. I'll have to go back and re-edit my maps! Alberich good call on Megaroad 13, there. You were right and I was wrong... which means I was initially right about the Macross 7th fleet's location. So I went back and edited the maps... :p

Edited by Aisha Blanchette

All I can say about Messer in this episode is good initiative, poor execution... He was right, however the way he went about addressing it was overly dramatic, and equally irresponsible.

All Hayate needs is a good ass kicking... Maybe Captain Johnson could give him some "Remedial Lessons", or get some "Blast Fence Training" from Arad or Messer.

I liked the episode, but It was probably the weakest one thus far, but still good for a "what do we know that we didn't before" episode. The joyride seemed a bit of a hamfisted effort to get some Hayate mecha dancing and a Walkure song shoehorned into the episode, which I didn't appreciate (felt too forced).

Still, not every episode can be perfect.

Just got around to seeing Episode 5 today and it just confirmed a lot of what I had been thinking and what other's had helped point out. It also means that thankfully they are keeping a consistency for the galactic map. The only problem is that of course is that Delta doesn't chart any route from Eden only Earth. So we don't see the Galaxy Fleet's route, but we can make suppositions on where it had been based on Frontier's and well considering the ending of Frontier we can at least determine where Battle Galaxy was last at.

But the Megaroad landing on Windermere further gives me the confirmation that perhaps that ship had SV-51's/52's instead of VF-1's.

Well I did make a supposition that it was the Macross 3's fleet that landed on Ragna, but I looked back at my previous post and realized I kept saying Macross 2. Wow, proof I need to double check my posts. But anyways, it looks like I was pretty spot on with it being one of the low numbered Macross Fleets, but my idea of Macross 3 doesn't work out since rechecking everything made me remember that Macross 3 arrived at Eden 3 and unless Ragna was dubbed Eden 3 at some point, I am wrong there. (At least according to the Macross Compendium: http://macross.anime.net/wiki/2040 ) That aside... Paying attention to the winding routes in Frontier you can see the fleets that shoots off through the mid core out towards the Brisingr Globular Cluster, rewatching that scene a few times helped. Which is cool that there is a degree of consistency... Though one reason I haven't made any new posts since I first brought up the idea is because I've been working on my rough maps and trying to figure out the odd new additional fleet lines that don't match between Frontier and Delta... anyways here's my new maps. With a correction to the Macross 7 Fleet's position as well. But I still haven't figured out some things as you can tell.

J7iCyE7.jpg

xGUFVBq.jpg

It's hard trying to chart and map all the fleets with so little info and with my poor quality screen shots. But I think this is pretty darn close to correct.

Edit Note: Upon looking at Alberich's I was reminded I totally forgot Megaroad 13 and was adding the lost 5th fleet in when it shouldn't be. I'll have to go back and re-edit my maps! Alberich good call on Megaroad 13, there. You were right and I was wrong... which means I was initially right about the Macross 7th fleet's location. So I went back and edited the maps... :p

Glad to see you posting again, I will finish some work in the next hours and give another analysis, we can work this out with even more data.

Bet when the NUN and NUNS heard Var was mind control they probably thought NOT THIS AGAIN!

Sharon Apple, Protodevlin and Macross Galaxy did that.

For now Roid doesn't want excessive blood shed but I fear eventually pull Marduk style kamikaze attacks of the Var victims.

Pilots like Gamlin doesn't like fighting mind control pilots as they are stripped of a pilot's pride. Chuck and Mirage probably feel the same way.

Hrm... watched this one late last night, and I was reasonably satisfied with it.

It was a good character-and-backstory episode, though I feel that it would've been better if the fight with the Aerial Knights had been allowed to reach a less abrupt ending in the previous episode. The abrupt change of gear left the fight from last episode feeling rather unsatisfying, though to a certain extent the backstory and Freyja material definitely made up for it.