Beasts of the Mesozoic Dinosaur figures

Dobber

Hey guys, just wanted to bring this to your attention. If you love Dinosaurs like I do and I know many of you like articulated figures, these figures may be right up your alley.

post-265-0-48317400-1461778093_thumb.jpeg

post-265-0-26807100-1461778196_thumb.jpeg

post-265-0-06157600-1461778266_thumb.jpeg

post-265-0-39294000-1461778341_thumb.jpeg

If you guys like, please consider helping out the Kickstarter to make these figures get made.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/992645470/beasts-of-the-mesozoic-raptor-series-action-figure/description

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Not all dinosaurs were feathered. The Coelurosaurs, which include the Dromeosaurs and Tyrannosaurs, were the ones that had the feathered Dinosaurs. Carnosaurs, like Allosaurus, Giganatosaurus, ect were likely the classic "lizard" looking dinosaurs you are used to.

It took me some time to get use to feathered Dino's, but I'm really on board now. Looking at how awesome modern Birds of prey are make me appreciate how cool their ancient ancestors could have looked. :)

Chris

Edited by Dobber

In about a decade even an allosaurus will have feathers. My daughter really loves raptors feathered or not, so she might be interested in these.

How much are these planned t sell for and will there be other dinos.

Pricing is all listed in the link I provided. $35 +shipping for 1 $100 for 3. The link also indicates if this successful, he plans on doing more Dino's, with what looks like Ceratopsians next year.

Chris

Raptors? Feh. Deinonychus FTW. Gimme one of THOSE. :D

Heck yeah!

It's a pity that the deinonychus has been overshadowed by its cousins ever since that one movie, especially given the species' importance to our modern understanding of dinosaurs. It was the breed that put the idea of dinosaurs as sluggish, lumbering beasts out to pasture.

Also, deinonychus is just more fun to say.

Just passed the half way mark! Thanks to any of you that have pledged. :) I hope it can make it to some stretch goals, I'd love to see what other figures he'll do.

Chris

Just over $90,000 now, almost there. The first 2 stretch goal raptors have been revealed, too along with an exclusive coming later this week.

Chris

Just passed the $125,000 mark. The campaign is funded! Thanks to all that helped make it happen. Now we're shooting for the stretch goals!

Chris

• 5 years later...

Just wanted to share for those interested that this line now has a Tyrannosaur line currently going on Kickstarter. If anyone loves Dinoā€™s like I do and would like some really nice T-Rex and other Tyranoā€™s have a look. It got the base funding in 13hrs and is currently working on stretch goals.Ā 
Ā 

Chris

• Dobber changed the title to Beasts of the Mesozoic Dinosaur figures
On 4/27/2016 at 10:37 PM, anime52k8 said:

I like feathery dinosaurs.

Ā 

You know, I can deal with the concept of [some] feathery dinos--at least the smaller ones like raptors et al.Ā  I can get that they basically looked like murder-Turkeys.Ā  But the big guys like Allosaurus, Giganotosaurus, and good ol' T-Rex? well, I'm much more inclined to go with traditional thoughts/depictions of leathery/scaly skin.Ā  To me, they'll remain non-feathered until more definitive evidence proves otherwise.Ā  Although I will say that that sketch seems much more feasible to me as to their most-likely normal posture.Ā  The more outstretched depictions--like that of those toys--seems too unbalanced to me.Ā  The tail would need to be longer/thicker/heavier to counterbalance all of the weight of the skull, teeth, muscle and other murder hardware it has for it to remain stretched so straight and far ahead of the hips (CoG?).Ā  Makes 'em look like they've tripped and are about to faceplant or something.

Ā 

I remember reading somewhere that one prevailing theory is that the T-Rex is (probably) more closely related to chickens than they are to lizards.Ā  Which leads to all sorts of terrible thoughts, like: so what did they (probably) sound like?Ā  What if they clucked?Ā  Dear God in Heaven above!Ā  WHAT IF THEY CLUCKED?!?!

star-trek-panic.gif

The science of Paleontology is always evolving. The feather debate for the larger Tyrannosaurs such as T-Rex, Tarbosaurus, Gorgosaurus, Albertosaurus, and Daspletosaurus has shifted back to non feathered. Skin impressions show very small scales on multiple different locations of their bodies. Some smaller more primitive species where feathered and the ā€œRaptorsā€ where also feathered. Like I said above the Carnosaurs such as Allosaurus, Giganatosaurus, Carcharldontosaurus, etc. where never thought to be feathered.

Chris