I still like my 1/48 Collection. How about you?

Roy Focker

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had regretted selling my VF-1J Stealth w/ boosters like 10 years ago.  I should have kept that one, and sold my regular ones (which i have now).  The black ones dont yellow.  My 2x 25th Anniversary black/gold Valks look the same as day one, even when stored in storage.

1 hour ago, borgified said:

So two 1/48 Yammie Strike VF-1J with the corresponding SSP, will you go with the Woodland Version 1a and the Woodland GBP Armour next? 

I have a strange feeling that you might get a copy. ;)

I'm not a fan of the 1/48 GBP.

Love the 1/60

Too bad there aren't any Woodland SSP's. Not that they would make any sense.

Edited by sqidd

40 minutes ago, jeniusornome said:

I think they’d make sense. A space forest would not be out of place in the same series that brought us galaxy whales, hyperspace bugs and walkure.

Don't forget the space Glam-Vampires, who had their very own Knock-off Godzilla...

1 hour ago, borgified said:

The GBP is not to everyone's fancy as it's too bulky and clunky, unlike the SSP packs which is more streamlined and you can get away quicker.

I had the 1/48 GBP and I have the 1/60 GBP. I liked how the 1/48 looked for the most part but it's articulation wasn't nearly as good as the 1/60. And man that 1/48 was just finicky. The 1/60 IMO is a much better piece of engineering. And me saying that is saying something. I like the 1/48 size a LOT more than the 1/60's. I kept the 1/60 in my Hikaru display and sold the 1/48.

My fingers are crossed for Bandai to make a good 1/48 GBP some day.

2 hours ago, borgified said:

The GBP is not to everyone's fancy as it's too bulky and clunky, unlike the SSP packs which is more streamlined and you can get away quicker.

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

I had the 1/48 GBP and I have the 1/60 GBP. I liked how the 1/48 looked for the most part but it's articulation wasn't nearly as good as the 1/60. And man that 1/48 was just finicky. The 1/60 IMO is a much better piece of engineering. And me saying that is saying something. I like the 1/48 size a LOT more than the 1/60's. I kept the 1/60 in my Hikaru display and sold the 1/48.

My fingers are crossed for Bandai to make a good 1/48 GBP some day.

Yeah I love it in the series but just hard to display.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Man, seeing all these pics is making me miss my old 1/48's.  Only one I really regret selling was the Stealth 1J with the super packs and my Low Vis. 1A.  Maybe someday I'll try and get them again.  Love all these customs. 

44 minutes ago, Mog said:

Wonder if @Anasazi37 still makes stickers.

I remember there was a set of nose-art designs that could spruce/“spice” up the inner part of the GBP leg armor.

Just wish there was a design or two for Misa. :spiteful:

This is the complete set:

https://sites.google.com/site/tridentdesignworksdecals/yamato/1-48/gbp-1s-leg-art

Back in the day, folks would just tell me which ones they wanted (usually just a few). I finished a print run recently, which I don't do very often anymore because my printer is slowly dying, but let me know what you're looking for.

2 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

This is the complete set:

https://sites.google.com/site/tridentdesignworksdecals/yamato/1-48/gbp-1s-leg-art

Back in the day, folks would just tell me which ones they wanted (usually just a few). I finished a print run recently, which I don't do very often anymore because my printer is slowly dying, but let me know what you're looking for.

Yup, that’s the one.  I only have one GBP armor, so I’m good.

If there were to be some Misa ones, I wouldn’t mind one that was like someone’s old “Sour Puss” avatar (for those folks looking for something more on the comical side of things).

Or a sketch of Ryuji’s ridiculously good kitbashed models/figurines :shok::wub: (for those looking for something more in line with the classic WWII nosearts).