I still like my 1/48 Collection. How about you?

Roy Focker

To this day, my favorite Valkyrie toy, the one I would save over all others if came down to it, is my Yamato 1/48 VF-1A Low Visibility (grey) Color Limited Edition.

For me it's a toss up between the low vis and the stealth super. I have my stealth super in fighter mode and currently my low vis v1 in battroid mode. When I get around to it I'll put my low vis back in fighter mode. I really do think the 1/48's have one of the best fighter modes ever.

Edited by Loop

1:48 VF-1A Low Vis 1 for life.
No other yamacadia valk has appealed to me as much as this one thus far...some 12+ years later
post-25-0-96707400-1426260428_thumb.jpg

The 1/48 is like the new Chunky Monkey for many of us :D Not as refined and beautiful as the new stuff but who cares when you have a bigass valk?

Edited by Duymon

No other yamacadia valk has appealed to me as much as this one thus far...some 12+ years later

The 1/48 is like the new Chunky Monkey for many of us :D Not as refined and beautiful as the new stuff but who cares when you have a bigass valk?

Nice, I seriously need to find one for my collection! (And the Stealth VF-1J) B))

I just recently started collecting the 48's, and, while they are now pretty friggin' expensive, I absolutely love them. No way do I see myself ever wanting to get rid of them.

That being said, for the sake of my collection, I heartily endorse all of you out there MW-land who find that they're just not right for you anymore! :D

It has the best pilot figurine too!

gallery_12176_633_4116.jpg

1/48 still has some color options that the 1/60's never got.

Stealth 1J, Stealth Packs, Low Viz 1/2, Low viz GBP and Urban GBP.... all awesome.

I remember there were many members who preferred the Stealth Fast Packs to regulars on their 1/48's

One thing I also miss on the 1/60's is that little Antennae in Gerwalk and the ability to store your missiles and/or intake covers inside your Micro Missile pods

Edited by Duymon

WP_20150313_11_24_09_Pro.jpg

what the 48's have going for them is their large size and fighter mode proportions which are superior to the 1:60 cousins.. ^_^

12 years of ownership! well done mate! Congrats! B))

I like 1/48's fighter proportions but I really dislike the wide canopy when viewed from the front. It's not that the new 1/60 ruinned the 1/48 for me but it's better proportioned in all three modes and the fit and finish is superior.

I kept all my 1/48's, Roy's VF-1S wearing GBP, Strike VF-1S Hikaru. Super VF-1A Hikaru, Cannon Fodder wearing GBP, Low Viz I and Low Viz II. These are the essentails for me.