I still like my 1/48 Collection. How about you?

Roy Focker

14 minutes ago, borgified said:

The stickers don't really adhere that well. My Stealth 1J SSP pack has the stickers peeling off now which was applied by the previous owner if you had time to look at it @peter.

Yeah. I saw those, nice Valk by the way.

I noticed that on my VF-1S Hikaru the stickers didn't adhere very well either.  I trimmed mine so there wasn't a lot of extra clear sticker showing, but they do stick out like a sore thumb and I wish they came tampo'd on. 

I would consider decals (might have some left-overs from my Hasegawa 1/48....if I ever get around to building it), but worry about them scraping off if I handled the Valk too much.

BTW, does anyone here have all four 1/48s?

1. Club M Resin
  2. Yamato
  3. Hasegawa
  4. Bandai DX

I realize that the Strike kit for the Bandai isn't out yet, but I'm kind of surprised nobody has done a side-by-side comparison yet.

2 hours ago, peter said:

Yeah. I saw those, nice Valk by the way.

I noticed that on my VF-1S Hikaru the stickers didn't adhere very well either.  I trimmed mine so there wasn't a lot of extra clear sticker showing, but they do stick out like a sore thumb and I wish they came tampo'd on. 

I would consider decals (might have some left-overs from my Hasegawa 1/48....if I ever get around to building it), but worry about them scraping off if I handled the Valk too much.

BTW, does anyone here have all four 1/48s?

1. Club M Resin
  2. Yamato
  3. Hasegawa
  4. Bandai DX

I realize that the Strike kit for the Bandai isn't out yet, but I'm kind of surprised nobody has done a side-by-side comparison yet.

I have all four but not built. 

1. Club M - unbuilt

2. Yamato - way too many but like using these for customs.

3. Hasegawa VF-1J - unbuilt

4. Bandai DX - VF-1J/A

If you scour MW’s main page you will find comparisons you seek. Also, the internet has plenty of side by sides of the Yamato vs Bandai.

18 minutes ago, peter said:

That's an insane amount of Valks, holy.  Need to get a decent camera, set up some epic hanger shots or something with that collection.

No time. It took a month to dust the frontier Valks and take pics. Have a dslr it setting up and doing glamour shots is not an option with two kids and very little time to myself. iPhone pics gotta do for now. The 1/48 section, that I will take my time and use my dslr. 

15 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

I took my guys out of their boxes for some fresh air! B))

Love that VF-1D kicker, she's a beauty! 

IMG_7638.JPG

IMG_7633.JPG

IMG_7617.JPG

Whoa you have the entire squadron in 1/48! Excellent!

Those 1/48 Yammies still look so good in fighter mode. With the white landing gear, they look as good or even a little better than Bandai's in fighter mode. :good:

3 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Whoa you have the entire squadron in 1/48! Excellent!

Those 1/48 Yammies still look so good in fighter mode. With the white landing gear, they look as good or even a little better than Bandai's in fighter mode. :good:

Thanks Lolicon! When I bought Kakizaki a few years back I decided I'm keeping these no matter what! :D

The DX VF-1's are great in Gerwalk & Battroid mode but I agree, the Yamato still is the King IMO for Fighter Mode. The white landing gear & slightly larger nose makes all the difference plus a properly sized pilot. My biggest gripe with the DX is how small the pilots are. 

Soon I'll have the DX Hikaru 1S. B))

1 hour ago, 505thAirborne said:

Thanks Lolicon! When I bought Kakizaki a few years back I decided I'm keeping these no matter what! :D

The DX VF-1's are great in Gerwalk & Battroid mode but I agree, the Yamato still is the King IMO for Fighter Mode. The white landing gear & slightly larger nose makes all the difference plus a properly sized pilot. My biggest gripe with the DX is how small the pilots are. 

Soon I'll have the DX Hikaru 1S. B))

Yeah, the tiny DX pilot really throws the scale off and makes the VF-1 seem like the most gigantic VF ever built, when it's the smallest. <_<

758218895_DSLRTest0003.thumb.jpg.0a9305f21264b413e9fb5f97cfa76750.jpg

Here's hoping someone with way more skill than me creates some properly sized DX compatible pilots.