I still like my 1/48 Collection. How about you?

Roy Focker

I personally have about 15 1/48 VFs left including a few armors, special parts sets etc....First thing I did when the 1/48 Bandai arrived at my door was to take pics of it in Fighter mode next to a few Yammies (the one I've attached)....I mean, sure, the panel lining on the Yammies is a bit deep/thick, but, on display , with loads of other VFs, they look very similar and just fine (obviously...same scale, same plane...). Took me a while to decide, but will be skipping on the next upcoming Bandai releases (unless they give us some truly interesting pieces). Selling off all the Yammies would be a pain in the backside. And value-wise (especially now that Bandai got into the game), it's not exactly worth the hassle of selling them off and having to add a lot of extra $$ to get hold of Bandai's versions (that sell out in 2 seconds on preorder, and triple in price in a week...). Man do I miss the old Yamato days....You could really get so much more for your $$.<_<

IMG_7359.JPG

^ This

Yup I skipped the Bandai 1:48 DX 1S. I have quite a few 1/48 with all armors. Plus, my DX is like a sculpture, and i barely touch it. I will only get the vermilion and that's it. The Yammie/Arcadia are more inviting and fun to play with anyway.

4 hours ago, Kinzoku VF said:

I personally have about 15 1/48 VFs left including a few armors, special parts sets etc....First thing I did when the 1/48 Bandai arrived at my door was to take pics of it in Fighter mode next to a few Yammies (the one I've attached)....I mean, sure, the panel lining on the Yammies is a bit deep/thick, but, on display , with loads of other VFs, they look very similar and just fine (obviously...same scale, same plane...). Took me a while to decide, but will be skipping on the next upcoming Bandai releases (unless they give us some truly interesting pieces). Selling off all the Yammies would be a pain in the backside. And value-wise (especially now that Bandai got into the game), it's not exactly worth the hassle of selling them off and having to add a lot of extra $$ to get hold of Bandai's versions (that sell out in 2 seconds on preorder, and triple in price in a week...). Man do I miss the old Yamato days....You could really get so much more for your $$.<_<

IMG_7359.JPG

I’m in the same boat( except I don’t have 15 yammys, only about 5 now)  while the Dx is an obvious improvement, I don’t need it that bad . I’m quite happy with my old school Valks and they’ve held up great too . Also, that scale takes up a ton of space in storage and on the shelf. So I’m keeping the remainder of my Yammy 1/48’s .But dropping my 1/60’s and replacing with HMR’s . Now , having said that, there are some 1/60’s I probably won’t ever let go of like my 171 squadron (avoided the cannon fodder problem child) and a few choice others. I also have a few of the 31’s. But between my model collection and the HMR’s I feel quite happy about it and it all takes up less space.(we’re not even talking about MAK, Gundam ,sci-fi, fantasy, & Makoto Kobayashi stuff..)

6 hours ago, Kinzoku VF said:

3 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

^ This

Yup I skipped the Bandai 1:48 DX 1S. I have quite a few 1/48 with all armors. Plus, my DX is like a sculpture, and i barely touch it. I will only get the vermilion and that's it. The Yammie/Arcadia are more inviting and fun to play with anyway.

1 hour ago, Bolt said:

I’m in the same boat( except I don’t have 15 yammys, only about 5 now)  while the Dx is an obvious improvement, I don’t need it that bad . I’m quite happy with my old school Valks and they’ve held up great too . Also, that scale takes up a ton of space in storage and on the shelf. So I’m keeping the remainder of my Yammy 1/48’s .But dropping my 1/60’s and replacing with HMR’s . Now , having said that, there are some 1/60’s I probably won’t ever let go of like my 171 squadron (avoided the cannon fodder problem child) and a few choice others. I also have a few of the 31’s. But between my model collection and the HMR’s I feel quite happy about it and it all takes up less space.(we’re not even talking about MAK, Gundam ,sci-fi, fantasy, & Makoto Kobayashi stuff..)

I have three 1/48 Yammies and a fourth one on the way (to arrive within this week).

The DX 1/48 is the pinnacle of my collection if I can get it, however I'm good with the 1/60 and the HMRs. Like @Kinzoku VF mentioned, the Yammie  is the most affordable alternative compared to Bandai's DX offerings (in which they really nickel and dime you for the extra stuff). 

No Valks but 1/48 accessories.  Will have to find some time and take my 1/48s out for some new pics.

P6216824.JPG

Edited by peter

Started into the Yamato 1/48 line very recently with the stealth type.

And without me noticing it, I have more 1/48 than my 1/60 and HMR now I think.

Here are a few latest additions.

The 1S strike is nice enough, wondering if I will keep my DX 1S (if my order didn't get cancelled that is) when it arrived.

Still looking for the city camo GBP version.

IMG_20190623_160708.jpg

IMG_20190623_160834.jpg

IMG_20190623_160931.jpg

47 minutes ago, kkx said:

@dafob Excellent. I am itching to do some custom too. Need to be less lazy.

Do you airbrush? Do you need to take the valk apart or just masking?

I wish I was sophisticated enough to airbrush.  I'm just a novice compared to some of the pros on this board.  I do take the valks apart but some pieces can't be disassembled easily due to glue so I have to mask some pieces.

If you're interested, I posted my progress here:

- VF-1J conversion to TV Kaki
- VF-1A DYRL conversion to Alaska Base

The City Urban Cameo GBP is extremely hard to find @kkx. If you do find it, its going to cost you a mortgage and a down payment on a house depending on where you are residing (maybe). 

Kicker has only one copy if the City Urban Cameo GBP in his collection and he's not going to part away with that at all.  

3 minutes ago, borgified said:

The City Urban Cameo GBP is extremely hard to find @kkx. If you do find it, its going to cost you a mortgage and a down payment on a house depending on where you are residing (maybe). 

Kicker has only one copy if the City Urban Cameo GBP in his collection and he's not going to part away with that at all.  

There was one the I missed on eBay a few days ago. Went for just under USD$140. And it's only missing the neck filler/locking piece. I was upset that I missed that, will have to wait patiently and buy a lottery ticket meanwhile.

10 hours ago, jenius said:

Urban camo for less than $200 is a steal!

Yup. I hope someone here got it.

I was in a meeting and was not able to focus on bidding. And I also have less than realistic appreciation of how rare it is and how much of a steal it would be. :(

9 hours ago, ErikElvis said:

I still have all my 1/48’s on display. My faves are max in fighter. And my woodland camo gbp

I have the woodland camo, feel like it is a waste to hide the came behind a gbp.

So I end up displaying the woodland walk on its own and use a CF-1A inside the woodland gbp.

4 minutes ago, nightmareB4macross said:

An anniversary release GBP & VF-1 combo in premium finish treatment like this would be a no brained to purchase.

BBE89454-BBC7-4B48-8157-9D9E51A74681.jpeg

6985F8EB-4F48-4932-8FA9-1E269ECD8F9E.jpeg

Correction: We're guessing that Arcadia will do the complete 1/60 PF version hopefully next in their lineup.  

Edited by borgified

14 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

Hmm I already have a weathered 1j, maybe i should also weather one of my GBP armors.

Definitely!

1 hour ago, peter said:

One of the best VF-1S customs I've ever seen, wow:

FF679B01-588E-4A1A-91A9-64B48E3B000B.jpeg

82E7A48B-3D54-46F4-9CEA-A6258E959C95.jpeg

2E46E877-2356-4A63-BC8E-2FF1D803D2BF.jpeg

4CCEE885-16D9-45DC-9994-0834D7DBD017.jpeg

At that scale, I totally agree!