I still like my 1/48 Collection. How about you?

Roy Focker

On 12/4/2018 at 8:48 PM, sh9000 said:

Awesome collection @nightmareB4macross.  I was truly inspired by your customs when I saw them in person at MW Con.

Thanks again for the nice compliments.

Hopefully next year you will be able to bring some of your fantastic HMR customs to Super Dimension Convention.

• 1 month later...

I’m still on board with these Yamato 1/48s. At the moment I have most everything ever released in this line an not to mention numerous wonderful customs that I know will never be made. The new DX is here and that’s cool and all, but I have no need to collect everything again and go through the madness once again. To me it’s just not worth it. All I need now is time to continue customizing. I mean what do you when you acquire 100+ Yamato 1/48s? You make what you want.

I have a DX on the way and might collect a few others in the same line  if more come but not to the extent of my first 1/48 adventures.

17 minutes ago, jenius said:

The king is dead... Long live the king!

Ah, now I somehow queerly understand this phrase now more than ever.  The dead king lives by the ghosts of his own deeds and legend.  His reputation carries him forth from the grave, tears him from the pages of history and into the realm of legend.  He lives beyond the grave, but in memory only.  So it is with the 1/48's.  I shall always remember you, my love.

Edited by MacrossMania

1 minute ago, nightmareB4macross said:

I’m still on board with these Yamato 1/48s. At the moment I have most everything ever released in this line an not to mention numerous wonderful customs that I know will never be made. The new DX is here and that’s cool and all, but I have no need to collect everything again and go through the madness once again. To me it’s just not worth it. All I need now is time to continue customizing. I mean what do you when you acquire 100+ Yamato 1/48s? You make what you want.

I have a DX on the way and might collect a few others in the same line  if more come but not to the extent of my first 1/48 adventures.

Reminds me of this scene in Jackie Brown:

"You never got into the CD revolution?"

"Oh I got a few, but I can't afford to start all over again.  I mean I've invested too much time and money in my albums."

"Yea, but you can't get new stuff on records."

"I don't get new stuff that often."  

Cue Delphonics: "I gave my heart and soul to you girl.  Didn't I do it baby, didn't I do it baby?"

Not quite.

I already have plans to use funds for other purposes and divest in other interests. To restart another 1/48 collection is a lost cause in my book. 

The new DX is not really all that new when you break it down. It takes ideas from all it’s predecessors and just tweaks most of the dimensions giving it a new look but not really anything or real added value for me. In some cases it goes backwards.

But you know what they say “to each his own”. I found mine. Good luck on finding yours.

8 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

100+ 1/48s?  thats awesome.  when i started collecting macross again, the 1/48s were already about to phase out so I only ever got a few.    would love to see some of those customs.

10 minutes ago, Mechapilot77 said:

100+ 1/48s?  thats awesome.  when i started collecting macross again, the 1/48s were already about to phase out so I only ever got a few.    would love to see some of those customs.

I know there is a group of out there who were/are really into the 1/48. One of the other guys just peered in. :P

Check out page 6 of this thread and then take a look at my gallery for some customs. I have more but those are still in the works.

Edited by nightmareB4macross

At a quick glance, the Yamato still isn't half bad.  Once you get into the details, the DX starts looking attractive, especially the price point.  

I'll keep the Yammies that I have, but I may pick up a few of these DXs as they come out.

3 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Not quite.

I already have plans to use funds for other purposes and divest in other interests. To restart another 1/48 collection is a lost cause in my book. 

The new DX is not really all that new when you break it down. It takes ideas from all it’s predecessors and just tweaks most of the dimensions giving it a new look but not really anything or real added value for me. In some cases it goes backwards.

But you know what they say “to each his own”. I found mine. Good luck on finding yours.

Already found it.  Thanks.

10 minutes ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Hey Kicker where did you find these and who makes them?

Hope it’s ok to answer this. I have a feeling it’s some aftermarket metal parts from HiQ Parts. Though not sure what’s the actual item is. 

1 hour ago, nightmareB4macross said:

I’ll check it out. Thanks for lead I really appreciate it!

You’re welcome, sir. HiQ have some cool mod steel parts available. But wait also for Kicker773 so he can point you to the right item. ;) 

Edited by no3Ljm

11 hours ago, rsvictor1976 said:

I love my 1/48 low vis. My other 1/48s turned yellow though so I’m kind of sad about that.

How yellowed is your Yammie 1/48?

The DX VF-1J is a brighter white than compared to the Yammie version. Let me sift through the DX VF-1J thread as I'm sure that there is one with the Yammie 1/48 in comparison.

I'll post it here once I find it (or if anyone beats me to the challenge). 

Also from Gwyn Cambell's twitter page back in August when the DX VF-1J was in display at Akihabara (I think). His twitter page goes back so much and I knew that I posted it on of the other Macross forums.

Note that one of this friends went along as well and snuck in his own copy of the 1/48 Yammie for comparisons (surprisingly that the two of them didn't get caught in doing so).  

Edit: Or just see the vid that @peter has posted.

DlUwIb4UUAAwATi.jpg

DlUwIb5U0AE3vFf.jpg

DlUwIb6VsAA4mqf.jpg

DlUwIb4UcAAP8aj.jpg

Edited by borgified

1 minute ago, borgified said:

Note that one of this friends went along as well and snuck in his own copy of the 1/48 Yammie for comparisons (surprisingly that the two of them didn't get caught in doing so).  

Curious. I'm not sure what Japanese law have regarding objects that's being displayed publicly while some bypasser are holding their toys. I mean, the DX VF-1J is already been displayed publicly and they were outside of the said Tamashii Display Center. I understand the pixelizing or blurring of people's faces but toys/objects? No harm meant. I'm just curious is all.