I still like my 1/48 Collection. How about you?

Roy Focker

Haha, I wish someone would do a music vid with that song and cut scenes from Macross.

You mean something like this! B))

Was there a V2? What did it look like? Was there a lot of improvement over the V1?

Whoops, that was a typo, Just Low Vis. 1.

I wish Arcadia would make a V.2 1/60. B))

Edited by 505thAirborne

You mean something like this! B))

Whoops, that was a typo, Just Low Vis. 1.

I wish Arcadia would make a V.2 1/60. B))

Thanks for the link! Youtube doesn't work on my work computer, will definitely watch it when I get home :)

I love my 1/48's !!

It's really cool seeing so much 1/48 love👍🏻

Considering 1/60's have been the standard (for toys)

1/72's have been the high end , detailed scale

And now with the 1/100 Hi metal R series generating so much hype ( justifiably so!)

It's easy to forget our 1/48 Yammies..

Love the pics!

I love my 1/48's !!

It's really cool seeing so much 1/48 love👍🏻

Considering 1/60's have been the standard (for toys)

1/72's have been the high end , detailed scale

And now with the 1/100 Hi metal R series generating so much hype ( justifiably so!)

It's easy to forget our 1/48 Yammies..

Love the pics!

When you mention 1/72, which are those, the model kits?

I'm guessing the Hasegawas? I have a pile of those at home, unbuilt, lol!

They are super detailed, but a pain in the dick to build for someone like me who's lacking in the skills.

The Hasegawa 1/48 line is also super detailed, and apparently easier to build (I heard?). Those were going to be my back-up plan in case I didn't find what I was looking for in the Yammies.

Ya the model kits. I resisted those for a long time but once I picked one up I was impressed and now I've got a lot of models to work on😊

Fortunately I love working on models!

Hasi's and Bandi's..

I wish they would have done 1/48 bad guys..

Otherwise might not even be looking at the high metals..let alone buying them🤔😅

Edited by Bolt

Ah, sweet! Collecting Star Wars 6" figures, I've come to the conclusion that the Bandai kits are the best versions and the cheapest. I love building models too but only problem is time. I have several boxes full of unbuilt Star Wars figures already. I should get a Valkyrie someday to try out though.

Edited by Slave IV

1/48 for life!

I've never been attracted to the 1/60 VF-1 toys for some reason. The 1/48s are the ultimate to me.

My favorite, Kurt painted Captain VF-1D kit...

Man, I wish I would've sent all those 1/48s I had planned to Kurt before he closed shop...he was and always will be the BEST at the seemingly lost art of custom VF-1s.

Why ddi Kurt get out of it? I imagine it was just a lot of work for little returns?

He did some really nice work, shame he isn't doing it anymore or someone else pick up where he left off.

• 2 weeks later...

Why ddi Kurt get out of it? I imagine it was just a lot of work for little returns?

He did some really nice work, shame he isn't doing it anymore or someone else pick up where he left off.

I think he was considering working on a 1/48 GBP-1S as a personal project. I can't wait to see how it turns out if he's decided to do so.