Macross Delta Manga Thread

RedWolf

10 hours ago, Einherjar said:

Currently up to date with Keith's manga, though it doesn't really change my opinion on the Aerial Knights or Windermere.  The cause of the revolution, for the king at least, can be summed up as pretty much "Make Windermere great again," and "They took our jerbs!"  due to their relationship with the NUNS (the fold quartz).  All of the Knights except for Qasim come from noble rich families and spent most of the revolution training at the knight school.  Qasim is probably the only one with a legitimate reason to fight before the revolution started with a botched NUNS training mission that destroyed much of his town's apple harvest.  He eventually joined the Knights due to attrition.  Bogue might as well be the weakest link out of the group thanks to the manga.  He pretty much only got to join the Knights due to his family connections and not his piloting skills, especially when it's revealed that they may have been financial backers for the whole organization.  Unfortunately, that is also probably the reason they were targeted during the revolution.  Most of his family didn't die from the dimensional bomb.

Keith's manga annoys the piss out of me because there's not enough characterization there for it to stand on its own merits but it could've made the animated series a lot less awful if the Windermere side had more backstory behind their animosity than just "someone blew up a town".

Bogue is the worst part.  He was annoying in the series but in this manga he's practically got a crush on Keith and he comes in only two modes: Bogue the Sad and Bogue the Stalker.

45 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

If it weren't a Macross story I'd suspect it was veering into Boys Love territory... or, given the lineup of Aerial Knights, some kind of Windermere Knight School Host Club series.

Windermere Knight School Host Club would be a lot more fun to read.

I can't even read Macross E because the artist only seems to care about drawing jiggling boobs and everything else is half-assed.

We did get the girl couple in Walkure (although, I would say it was handled very gingerly). It seems natural to me that they would also give us a gay man in the same series and I feel like it was alluded to. Remember there's the scene where the twins suggest Keith might have a woman in mind? That kind of lays out for us that there has never been an instance where Keith has shown interest in a woman. Also, I swear he says something like "That day we flew together, I realized you were the wind beneath my wings" (paraphrasing very badly off of memory). I think it's an unrequited love, nothing gives the impression that Roid knew Keith was jonesing for him or was also gay (though there's nothing that suggests he's heterosexual either). 

Edited by jenius

On 1/15/2017 at 1:39 AM, jenius said:

We did get the girl couple in Walkure (although, I would say it was handled very gingerly). It seems natural to me that they would also give us a gay man in the same series and I feel like it was alluded to. Remember there's the scene where the twins suggest Keith might have a woman in mind? That kind of lays out for us that there has never been an instance where Keith has shown interest in a woman. Also, I swear he says something like "That day we flew together, I realized you were the wind beneath my wings" (paraphrasing very badly off of memory). I think it's an unrequited love, nothing gives the impression that Roid knew Keith was jonesing for him or was also gay (though there's nothing that suggests he's heterosexual either). 

I always assumed that Keith was like Alto, totally Valkyrie-sexual.

That he isn't seen showing interest in a girl doesn't mean much IMO since the Aerial Knights are a total sausage fest because they don't seem to allow women to join.  If there are no girls around he won't have a chance to show interest in girls.  I don't know if his bromance with Messer counts.

There's that thing though where he seems to profess his love for Roid... the other knights are also seen being into women or having families. I'm pretty sure we're supposed to think he's Valk sexual and then go "oh" when he says he loves Roid.

• 2 weeks later...

The next chapter being released in a couple of days should be the fallout from the dimensional bomb exploding.  Really hope there is a twist coming besides making it very clear that Wright did it and Keith going off the deep end afterwards.  If anything, what causes Roid's personality to change to how he is in the show would be interesting.  So far he hasn't had much motivation beyond obsessing about the Protoculture ruins and Windermere superiority.  There was that aide to the king who looked like an older version of him near the end of one chapter.  Maybe his father?