Macross Δ (Delta) - Mission 4 - READ 1st POST

azrael

Mission 4: Shocking Debut Stage  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Rating

• Positive ( Listen to Frejya's song! )
    • Neutral
    • Negative ( Frejya. Worst. Debut. Ever.)

You guys are stretching a couple line on motivation incredibly far. Really you're making motivation up at this point. Not a single thing has been said about upholding Windermere culture or politics or wierd "nobody can fly on windermere except us" stuff.

Privately Keith says they're running out of time and publicly, during the war declaration, they said their NUNS treaty was lopsided.

Woo! I totally called it! I had a feeling that the SV-Draken III was in some way descended from the SV-51/52 and was attributed to former ex-Anti UN people.

Ummmm, those people who built the Sv-51/52 are long dead. The AUN Alliance dissolved after the Mayan incident. And at this point in the timeline, "Anti-UN" people can literally be anyone who doesn't want to unify with the UN/NUN at this point. Windermere is anti-UN.

You guys are stretching a couple line on motivation incredibly far. Really you're making motivation up at this point. Not a single thing has been said about upholding Windermere culture or politics or wierd "nobody can fly on windermere except us" stuff.

Privately Keith says they're running out of time and publicly, during the war declaration, they said their NUNS treaty was lopsided.

I'm not sure what you mean by stretching the motivation. I'm brainstorming on the reasoning behind their actions based on real world cultures. It's not like I'm making it up since I never stated, "This is how it is/has to be". A theory is just that, a supposition that is intended to explain something, based on principles independent of the thing to be explained. They however have hinted at a purpose and that purpose has to be something that greatly affected them, they have alluded multiple times to such things and even in their Declaration of War, it contains part of their reasoning. As for Keith saying they are running out of time, it's probably regards to Prince Heinz whom has misgivings about hurting people with his song and indeed too we see his song is hurting him. So he may indeed be running out of time necessitating an acceleration of their plans. But there has been information dropped in series that implies there is an important reason that affected the Windermere enough to force NUNS off world and to wage war against them. The Knights have constantly mentioned fighting for their wind. Which considering their society and style could imply religious context. It's all supposition but there's definitely something there and I'm not saying it's fact. I'm like I said making an educated estimate based upon what is been given and facts presented by outside sources such as magazine articles, Macross Novella, etc.

Ummmm, those people who built the Sv-51/52 are long dead. The AUN Alliance dissolved after the Mayan incident. And at this point in the timeline, "Anti-UN" people can literally be anyone who doesn't want to unify with the UN/NUN at this point. Windermere is anti-UN.

I know they are, what does that have to do with the Draken being part of the long line of SV units that exist? The main point is that the Draken III is like I always suspected... a model that is part of the development tree from the SV-51/52 as a SV decedent much like the VF-31 Siegfried can trace it's lines back to the VF-0 Phoenix. The point being that the Anti-UN people have always primarily used the SV's going back as far as Macross Zero and this just helps establish that there is and has been an Anti-UN sentiment and technological influence in some ways.

Edited by Aisha Blanchette

I know they are, what does that have to do with the Draken being part of the long line of SV units that exist? The main point is that the Draken III is like I always suspected... a model that is part of the development tree from the SV-51/52 as a SV decedent much like the VF-31 Siegfried can trace it's lines back to the VF-0 Phoenix. The point being that the Anti-UN people have always primarily used the SV's going back as far as Macross Zero and this just helps establish that there is and has been an Anti-UN sentiment and technological influence in some ways.

As I pointed out over in another thread (the mecha/technology one), this sort of thing is actually old news and the Draken III would not be the first unit of this type to be featured in a Macross story. It'd be the fourth... IF this rumor from 2ch is actually true. As far as technological influence, that's not necessarily true... all of their designs have been built around stolen UN Forces technology. The usual development trajectory was to steal a current-gen UN Forces fighter, and combine its systems with more Zentradi overtechnology over the course of years until they achieved something on par with the next-gen fighter. (Even the Sv-51 was essentially just a repackaging of stolen UN Forces tech developments, stolen by D.D. Ivanov.)

Mind you, the Draken III would be the first unit of this type to actually receive a "Sv" designation.

Edited by Seto Kaiba

Anti-unification groups have used many things. The Feious Valk. The VBP-1/VA-110 Neo Glaug. They have even used various VF-x.