VF-25S Hasegawa 1/72

Mintox

Most definitely. The instructions are a bit weird in there layout i.e. as the main instructions include the scheme for the VF-25F but the S versions is on a separate piece of paper and is the the Ozma grey scheme VF-25S. I just cant resist the big skull symbol anyway.

Finally made a start. The cockpit is a bit bland for such a lovely kit but I guess once the two body halves are glued together most of this wont be seen plus the hud? is added on later and the rear covered over.

post-30595-0-82879400-1461163481_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Test fitting the booster and body parts. I love this kit. It has some of the sharpest and finest details for a 1/72 kit. I also just got a RVF-25 which I would love to add the extra armour and boosters to so I'm off to purchase another VF25S Super to steal the boosters.

post-30595-0-87533700-1462352977_thumb.jpg

I'd love to know how you go with the fit of the boosters on the RVF - specifically the backpack part. The DX toy actually uses a modified part here, as the spine on the RVF has the third leg of the radome mount here. It may foul on the backpack but should be easy to sort out with a file.

I'd love to know how you go with the fit of the boosters on the RVF - specifically the backpack part. The DX toy actually uses a modified part here, as the spine on the RVF has the third leg of the radome mount here. It may foul on the backpack but should be easy to sort out with a file.

Ok a quick fit of the radome mount seems to me it will work. A little filing of the opening on the fastback pack and it'll fit sweet.

On second thoughts maybe filing the top of the radome mount rear mounting leg might be a better option.

post-30595-0-28217100-1462448961_thumb.jpg

post-30595-0-07817600-1462448971_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mintox

Ok a bonus part in the kit (or at least I cant find it mentioned anywhere) that seems to go on the top of the front of the boosters as in the image below of the RVF Super. Its part no. SF1. Thats ok because I need a another Super Messiah so I'll get another one of these and I'll be able to add it to my RVF.

Update: I think I know what this part is now. Its the Space Fold communications array. Nifty if that is what it is. I see it on the Bandai Ghost ships under the nose and on the boosters on the RVF's.

post-30595-0-72911900-1462460047_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mintox