4 hours ago, Bolt said:

So acting , writing and directing don't matter..?

Not when it comes to terrible moviesĀ getting green-lit...

Suit feels very Arkham Origins-like. Plates over an inner suit. Not sure if I like the collar. I would prefer collar-less. Now for the cowl...Has a very stitched look to it. Not sure I like all that cheek showing. If they added another .5" to each side, I think it would be better. Robert Pattison has that Wilson Bethel cheek & chin from Daredevil S3 from that suit. The suit is okay for a Ver 1/Ver 1.5-suit that this movie takes place in (This flick is supposed to occur during his 2nd year-ish. Gordon is only a detective or Lt., not a captain and definitely no commish)

On 1/28/2020 at 11:47 PM, sqidd said:

Hugh Jackman as Wolverine the jury is out on. He put his mass on over 14yrs and he doesn't fluctuate in size much. At his age he is absolutely onĀ Testosterone Replacement Therapy though. Which absolutely has an advantage over having naturally high test levels because you're effectively anabolic 24hrs a day. When you're natural, you'e not anabolic 24/7.

Jackman himself addressed this question when promotingĀ Logan on The Graham Norton Show. Ā 

Sorry, I still haven't learned how to imbed YouTube videos, but the discussion starts 9 min. into the video.

3 hours ago, Big s said:

Was that the new daredevil preview?

Seriously. Ā Did they really need to film the test shot in red lighting?

Iā€™m just waiting for someone to spoof the footage with the Daredevil Netflix OP theme.

3 hours ago, tekering said:

Jackman himself addressed this question when promotingĀ Logan on The Graham Norton Show. Ā 

Sorry, I still haven't learned how to imbed YouTube videos, but the discussion starts 9 min. into the video.

Totally unrelated, but thanks for the link. Ā The stories Patrick Stewart told immediately after Jackmanā€™s were . . . uncomfortablyĀ funny.Ā :db:

On 1/28/2020 at 1:02 PM, sqidd said:

You didn't put on 25lb of lean mass on. You put on 10lb of muscle, 10lb of glycogen/water and 5lb of fat.

Secondarily, those were your newbie gains. You get those once. After that it's much, much harder to put lean mass on. 5lb a year is about the max and most people can't put more than 30-35lb on in a lifetime.

The above are all widely known facts in the BB community. Your non scientific "test" sample size of one with no data other than weight (which is suspiciously rounded off) does not negate all of that knowledge.Ā 

I didn't?Ā  Then why did I go from 22.15% (just to be "credible") body fat on January 1 to 7.9% on February 27 in theĀ same time frame as my weight increased then?Ā  What else was making me heavier besides the obviousĀ muscle mass I was putting on?Ā  Was I mistaking water balloons for my six pack?

Glad to know I'm a newbie.Ā  I guess all those years going to the gym before didn't count.Ā  Tell me other things about when my life actually started, would you?

I said it could be done, don't move the goal post to some scientific study bs.Ā  Perhaps none of you are eating the right diet for your body type.Ā  YouĀ can rest assured when I previously ate the recommended protein/carb balance for my height, 6+ times a day, 2-3 hours apartĀ I didn't gain anything but body fat.Ā  Suspicion my ass, I don't remember down to the decimal a number I measured five years ago.Ā  Bodybuilders have been stuck in a solitary mindset and promote a solitary diet that only works for a solitary body type.Ā  Chris Pratt also got jacked for his role and he ate a Ketogenic diet, not the standard high protein/low fat moderate carb that Chris Evans and Chris Hemsworth both did.

For the most part I like it. Very Arkham in looks. I do like the collar, though it could use less hard edges, and I hope the Bat symbol on the chest does something, like the Robin crest on DC Titans does. It would explain the mechanical look to it. And it did look more like a publicity shot than a lighting test.

Not really sure that I like or dislike the suit. Kinda on the fence about it overall, though if this is a "1.0/1.5" version, that would be okay. As if Bruce is still testing out what works (and what doesn't), and is still trying out the majority of his suit theories early on...

I kept wondering where they got that idea for the Bat-symbol, then it finally hit me,

Ā Ā Screen-Shot-2020-02-13-at-3.30.48-PM-920 dc5b85f8-5c11-4d5e-b4f3-06ed7325f032.jpg

It's the original Bob Kane-symbol. Cool. So it is a ver 1.x suit. (yes, I'm using the Arkham-games notation)

Here's another shot of the suit:
0_JS207025056.jpg

It's the stunt double but now that I see it, it's not bad for the Ver. 1 suit. Except for the ears. Too thin. I would prefer fatter ears

There's also an additional note about the suit

Spoiler

This suit that we see is not the only suit in the movie. Word is, this suit will get trashed early on and Bruce will adopt a new suit.

Ā 

20 minutes ago, Big s said:

and is this still part of the dc movie verse or separate like the Joker?

Not sure if this is still the case. From Reeves back in 2018:

In August 2018, Reeves appeared on a Television Critics AssociationĀ panel and revealed many details about the film. He confirmed thatĀ The BatmanĀ would be an original, noir-driven story and not an origin story. He also revealed that the script was nearing completion and that the film's connections to the DCEU would be minimal but present.

Ā 

Edited by no3Ljm

That sounds like it may still be part, but Iā€™m still not clear.

Anyway I was looking at the bat symbol and it looks more worn than the rest of the outfit. So Iā€™m pretty sure thatā€™s the batarang, or at least some kind of weapon. It looks like it splits in 2 at the center and has handles.

18 hours ago, Big s said:

That sounds like it may still be part, but Iā€™m still not clear.

Anyway I was looking at the bat symbol and it looks more worn than the rest of the outfit. So Iā€™m pretty sure thatā€™s the batarang, or at least some kind of weapon. It looks like it splits in 2 at the center and has handles.

Heard from another poster that it might be the remains of the gun that killed his parents.(?)

On 2/22/2020 at 5:43 PM, Thom said:

Heard from another poster that it might be the remains of the gun that killed his parents.(?)

I heard that too, but as a firearms enthusiast, that BS makes me giggle!

did he laser-cut it down the middle? :rolleyes:+smh...

4 hours ago, Big s said:

I havenā€™t heard that one yet, but that symbol has me interested enough to want to know more. Itā€™s such an odd design decision and really has my curiosity for some odd unknown reason.

They say it because it looks like 2 halves of a gun handle. Also, they note this from the comics:

5e464a2796eee645fa331762

20 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Those certainly do look like handles, and actually looks like a pair of knives if anything.

WTF would Batman be doing with a paid of knives though...

back in the OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLDEN days [before his backstory was revealed, so specifically the first few batman stories], batman used a Colt 1911... mostly because they were shamelessly ripping off the Shadow...Ā 

killer04.jpg

Edited by slide

On 2/14/2020 at 6:44 AM, tekering said:

We're you referring to the segment on pulling water? Or did I miss something about putting lean mass on? I don't have time ATM to scroll through the entire things.