• 2 weeks later...

Warner Bros Approves Robert Pattinson For ‘The Batman’

They’ve got to work out a deal that will clearly include options on at least two more films, but this is considered a formality in a drawn out process. Reeves’ film tracks Bruce Wayne in the formative stages of Batman, which is why they needed an actor in his early 30s.

Anyone who has done hiring knows this part. Now comes the "how much money?"-part. Doubt we'll hear about these details. Or he might walk away if terms are not reached. And this is why I don't work in HR.

7 hours ago, Dynaman said:

I've given up caring who is Batman.  The ONLY really important question is what the Batmobile looks like.

:shok:...

This is an incredibly appealing philosophy!

I think I shall adopt it...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

As far as Pattinson's casting, he seems to be a capable actor, so I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. I learned my lesson about prejudgement when I cringed at hearing of Heath Ledger's casting for Joker. He owned it, and happily proved my presuppositions wrong. As far as Turturro goes, I've liked him in just about everything I've ever seen him in minus the abominable Transformer films and You Don't Mess with the Zohan. Emmanuelle Chriqui was the only thing worth looking at in that film.

Hopefully, there's a good writer or writing team behind this, as you can have the most talented actors involved, but if the plot sucks and the dialog is terrible, nothing can really save it. It can't hurt if those writers and the director have some personal knowledge and investment in the property as well.

I'll echo that a Batman Beyond film, or better, series, would be cool- well, cool if the production value is high. I'm currently watching CW's Batwoman, and so far it's ok. The main antagonist, Alice, just seems likes she's acting to me- her performance doesn't seem natural to me. They should have hired Emily Hampshire, who, in the tv show Twelve Monkeys, played Jennifer Goines, a character who was nuttier than a fruitcake, and did it well.  

• 1 month later...

Interesting. I wonder what they'll do to turn him into the Penguin? Kind of wish they went with a different villain though. Cat Woman. Joker. Penguin. Riddler. Two-Face and others, they've been done. Sometimes not well of course, but he's had other rogues to fight.

Also interesting that Reeves wants to keep this out of the JL DCEU and more akin to Nolan's stand-alone series. That I hope doesn't come to pass, as I really want this tied into the WW and AQ and the Flash. Should Flash ever happen...

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder how many roids they have this kid on to bulk up for Batman. It's going to have to be at least Chris Hemsworth/Thor levels. Which is a lot.

I'm not judging. If I had a muti million dollar movie contract I would do it too.

2 hours ago, sqidd said:

I wonder how many roids they have this kid on to bulk up for Batman. It's going to have to be at least Chris Hemsworth/Thor levels. Which is a lot.

I'm not judging. If I had a muti million dollar movie contract I would do it too.

While it's pretty well known actors will do this for roles (I know for a fact Christian Bale did for Batman because of certain requirements he had for trainers while filming Terminator Genysis here in Abq) how do you know Chris Hemsworth was juicing?  He's a pretty giant man to begin with.  You'd be surprised just how little muscle you have to put on to look jacked as long as you cut body fat super low.  He was never bursting at the seams, and he wasn't coming up from The Machinist levels of body composition to get to that level.

1 minute ago, Mommar said:

While it's pretty well known actors will do this for roles (I know for a fact Christian Bale did for Batman because of certain requirements he had for trainers while filming Terminator Genysis here in Abq) how do you know Chris Hemsworth was juicing?  He's a pretty giant man to begin with.  You'd be surprised just how little muscle you have to put on to look jacked as long as you cut body fat super low.  He was never bursting at the seams, and he wasn't coming up from The Machinist levels of body composition to get to that level.

CH has a VERY slim build and narrow shoulders. It's really telling in the picture below with a suit on. Now look at the skinny CH vs Thor CH comparo. That is a bare minimum of 45lb more muscle. Can a human put on 45lb of muscle without drugs quickly? Sure, there are a few genetically gifted people that can do that in 2yrs. For everyone else it takes 4-5yrs of laser focused training and diet. And for some people it's impossible.  CH is not one of these genetically gifted people though. People with his natural build don't also have the genetics to quickly pack on mass naturally. The slim build/narrow shoulder crowd does have the advantage of looking much larger than they actually are if they do pack on that much muscle though. Be it through many, many years of working the grindstone, or lots o drugs.

Also note over the years of playing Thor how CH fluctuates in weight dramatically. He's really jacked for the Thor movies but in between/ in other roles not nearly as much. That is a tell tale sign of drug use. He's going on cycle for Thor and off cycle (but most likely on Testosterone Replacement Therapy because the drugs destroy natural testosterone production) the rest of the time. As soon as you back off the drugs the muscle mass drops away very, very quickly. I've seen friends drop 40-50lb in as little as 16 weeks when they go off cycle. And then get it right back when they go on.

I'm very deep into the community of bodybuilding/powerlifting. Some of my fiends are top names in those disciplines. I'm surrounded by the "drug culture" and know a lot about it because I have access to a lot of people in the biz and I ask a LOT of questions. I find it rather fascinating. A topic of discussion that comes up a lot among these experts is who is on drugs and who isn't. I've never heard anyone even consider that CH wasn't using quite a bit of "gear" for his Thor roles. Hugh Jackaman as Wolverine the jury is out on. He put his mass on over 14yrs and he doesn't fluctuate in size much. At his age he is absolutely on Testosterone Replacement Therapy though. Which absolutely has an advantage over having naturally high test levels because you're effectively anabolic 24hrs a day. When you're natural, you'e not anabolic 24/7.

Again, I'm not judging. If packing on 20-25lb more (I've already pretty much topped out my natural genetic potential after 8yrs of training) was going to get me paid big bucks, give me the needle. No second thoughts. If done correctly you can do a lot of drugs with very little or no long term side effects. You can be sure these actors have top level coaches/steroid guru's/doctors taking them through the process. 

756d5da9adba1871db8f578cf1fdaf6a.jpg

chris4--a.jpg

42 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Bale didn't have a choice but to do drugs getting ready for Batman. He was just coming off filming the Machinist where he weighed I think it was 123lb at one point. And only had 6mo to be ready to be Batman. He had to be close to 200lb for the first Batman movie. He was almost dying to get that emaciated for the Machinist and then pout on 70-80lb in 6mo for Batman. Then in later movies got fat to play other roles. I have a LOT of respect for him as an actor. Those are some massive extremes to put yourself through. And, well. He can act too.

12 minutes ago, sqidd said:

CH has a VERY slim build and narrow shoulders. It's really telling in the picture below with a suit on. Now look at the skinny CH vs Thor CH comparo. That is a bare minimum of 45lb more muscle. Can a human put on 45lb of muscle without drugs quickly? Sure, there are a few genetically gifted people that can do that in 2yrs. For everyone else it takes 4-5yrs of laser focused training and diet. And for some people it's impossible. 

It does not take 4-5 years to gain 45 pounds of muscle.  I put on 25 in two months and I wasn't even training like a bodybuilder would.  He's build is not as significantly large as you're making it out to be either.  

4 hours ago, Mommar said:

It does not take 4-5 years to gain 45 pounds of muscle.  I put on 25 in two months and I wasn't even training like a bodybuilder would.  He's build is not as significantly large as you're making it out to be either.  

You didn't put on 25lb of lean mass on. You put on 10lb of muscle, 10lb of glycogen/water and 5lb of fat.

Secondarily, those were your newbie gains. You get those once. After that it's much, much harder to put lean mass on. 5lb a year is about the max and most people can't put more than 30-35lb on in a lifetime.

The above are all widely known facts in the BB community. Your non scientific "test" sample size of one with no data other than weight (which is suspiciously rounded off) does not negate all of that knowledge. 

• 3 weeks later...