That particular symbol doesn't work for a bat-signal. The "points"/details are too small and fine. They'd get obliterated over distance/cloud/fog. It'd just be a "splotch signal" really.

I think that the Nolan films gave the best representation of a bat-signal. Messy as hell and useless if you don't have clouds to reflect off.....

• 3 weeks later...

The Batman is a no brainer of a title. Way better than a Something, Something Rises :p

On a side note I just finished Batman: Arkham Origins. Good game but the city really throws you off, shouldn't be so empty. I'm also replaying Arkham Knight since I just upgraded from a AMD 280X to a nVidia 1060 GTX and loving playing at high settings with PhysX.

Edited by TangledThorns

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

First details about the solo movie, and Ben Affleck no more reprising the hero

https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/01/31/the-batman-matt-reeves-dc-comics-movie-release-date-revealed/

I mean, I liked much Bat-Affleck, it's a sad news, but, I hope the find  another actor for hero.

Edited by Old_Nash

Don't know whether to respond on this thread or the newer one. Oh well...

If I had heard the news that Afleck was leaving the franchise before JL came out I would have been way bummed. But that was before the movie was a bummer, and I would now have no problem with DC rebooting the entire thing (except for WW and now Aquaman.) Still, Afleck was a great Batman, but with all the baggage now of the limping DC-verse I think a fresh infusion of talent and a new take on the character could help out tremendously.

4 minutes ago, Thom said:

Don't know whether to respond on this thread or the newer one. Oh well...

If I had heard the news that Afleck was leaving the franchise before JL came out I would have been way bummed. But that was before the movie was a bummer, and I would now have no problem with DC rebooting the entire thing (except for WW and now Aquaman.) Still, Afleck was a great Batman, but with all the baggage now of the limping DC-verse I think a fresh infusion of talent and a new take on the character could help out tremendously.

Sorry, I create that new because I don't find this one. But I will deleted that (or some Moderator can paste hete XD)

But for me, Ben Affleck playing Batman, was the best.

?format=500w

10 hours ago, Old_Nash said:

Sorry, I create that new because I don't find this one. But I will deleted that (or some Moderator can paste hete XD)

But for me, Ben Affleck playing Batman, was the best.

?format=500w

He was good. I like him a lot, esp as the Bats.

Until he had the suit, Bale was in that spot and before Bale was Keaton (who is still above Bale and Affleck in my book.) But Affleck is getting up there and would best be playing an older mentor Bats to a younger protege. Plus I think the character needs someone who is dedicated to the role.

I would rather they did not reboot the character though, or even just slip a new actor into the suit. Have an actual transitioning. Use The Batman (or whatever title it's going to have) as a vehicle to pass the torch to a new Caped Crusader, starting with Affleck but ending with the new actor.

I'm more of a Balebat fan myself, but whatever.

You know what I do see though, a new F***ing origin story so we can see Thomas and Marrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrtha been gunned down for the (I lost count how many) times.  Alright.  Time to introduce the new generation of movie goers to the sad sad Bat story and explain why the Batman is such an a-hole.

:cray: 

7 hours ago, Thom said:

He was good. I like him a lot, esp as the Bats.

Until he had the suit, Bale was in that spot and before Bale was Keaton (who is still above Bale and Affleck in my book.) But Affleck is getting up there and would best be playing an older mentor Bats to a younger protege. Plus I think the character needs someone who is dedicated to the role.

I would rather they did not reboot the character though, or even just slip a new actor into the suit. Have an actual transitioning. Use The Batman (or whatever title it's going to have) as a vehicle to pass the torch to a new Caped Crusader, starting with Affleck but ending with the new actor.

What you are asking for is a Batman Beyond movie, to which I would pay gratefully to see. 

7 hours ago, kalvasflam said:

I'm more of a Balebat fan myself, but whatever.

You know what I do see though, a new F***ing origin story so we can see Thomas and Marrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrtha been gunned down for the (I lost count how many) times.  Alright.  Time to introduce the new generation of movie goers to the sad sad Bat story and explain why the Batman is such an a-hole.

:cray: 

Not necessarily, the spider-man reboot avoided it. 

Chris

The problem wasn't the actor, it was the director, the people behind the story of BvS and Justice League, plus the plotting of the DC Universe. I hope the new guy is right about the next movie being about Batman as a detective. Because Batman was a really poor detective in BvS.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2019 at 5:10 AM, TangledThorns said:

Shame about Affleck. Though I learned any actor can be a great Batman but it also takes a good story and script to make a great Batman movie. Same is applied to James Bond too. 

Just because anyone can be Batman, it doesn't not  mean anyone should Batman.

Although this is a good point, Keaton was a decent enough Batman.   But I doubt John Goodman would've been a good Batman.

Edited by kalvasflam

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...