Hi guys! Spring has sprung, and with that comes spring-cleaning. I’m offering up the master-patterns of some of my best MOSCATO HOBBY kits from both Macross and Mospeada for the other kit-makers out there who would like to continue the legacy, as well as for those who enjoy my models.

Most of the logistical work is already done for you: the master-patterns require little (if any) prep-work prior to molding and some components come with sprue gates already attached. You get the original instruction files, print-ready box artwork if desired, promotional pictures, and for the mechs that have specific markings you get print ready artwork.

I also stand ready to offer tips and techniques if needed, so these are pretty much no-brainer projects. Thanks for looking and feel free to PM me if you have any questions. Prices are in Yankee bucks :D

Macross:

1/72 Regult-all 4 variants (standard w/cockpit interior, light missile, heavy missile and scout) $4400*

1/72 N-Ger $3000*

MOSPEADA

1/48 Pinky Space Crab $1000

1/48 Blueberry Crab $1600

1/48 Baby Crab $1000

1/48 King Crab $2200

1/48 Buster (Legioss) $3000*

1/32 Legioss $5000*

* = includes camera-ready decal artwork

Here's the plan, we start a kickstarter campaign, get the funds to buy the 1/32 legioss mold, the funds to engineer it into a toy, and the funds to build steel molds. Then we get a distro deal with Toynami for sales in US and Japan. Then we make an awesome toy and deliver it to all the supporters first, maybe make the KS version some exclusive variant. Who is with me? *

* I need 1000 people to say "me!" To the tune of $500 a pop.

It *MIGHT* be feasible to get a licensed 1/32 toy made and retail for 500 a pop IF you go direct-to-customer. If you start doing distribution deals you're just adding overhead and killing your margins. Gotta remember that in 1/32 this thing is over 14" tall and if you want to get this thing done right (craftsmanship, paint apps, etc.) it's going to be VERY expensive. Ultimately though, it begins and ends with the licensing agreement, assuming that can even be worked-out.

Edited by captain america

Here's the plan, we start a kickstarter campaign, get the funds to buy the 1/32 legioss mold, the funds to engineer it into a toy, and the funds to build steel molds. Then we get a distro deal with Toynami for sales in US and Japan. Then we make an awesome toy and deliver it to all the supporters first, maybe make the KS version some exclusive variant. Who is with me? *

* I need 1000 people to say "me!" To the tune of $500 a pop.

intresting idea

I remember how beautiful the 1/32 legioss kit was... Like Cap'n says, licensing would be the biggest issue. HG have proven to be petulant little terds when it comes to licensing issues over here =/. That being said, I would love an opportunity at one of those 1/32's at some point so I hope that dream never dies.

Cap's work is amazing.

Hi John:

I would instant buy a 1/60 Reguld toy Moscato style!

Licensing this toy outside of Japan would be a nightmare though because of Harmony Gold.

For Kickstarter, I guess you would really need to crunch the numbers and be as realistic as possible with a lot

of transparency for the contributors on what is going on with the project.

I have seen some Indiegogo projects collect not enough money from contributors, spend
all the cash just trying to complete the prototype, the project doesn't get completed and

Robert Woodhead, of Animeigo, has made some free software for Kickstarter to make his

Kickstarter projects a little easier to setup and monitor. He's been doing a really good job

with his Kickstarter projects so far. I saved a copy of the software alpha version.

If only you could set up a Japanese toy company and get the licence for Mospeada toys like Evolution Toys and
then ship the toys from Japan.
Edited by boinger
  • 1 month later...

think you should fire up the production line again.... go on... do it... you know you want too...

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

:ph34r:

Captain i know probably my question is ingenuous but have you ever tried to see if minor model kits producers like Wave or some japanese garage kits producer could be interested in your beatiful molds?

i think that if you sell them to some private customer they will not probably be released in the future in the proper way, and we will see just a pair of reissued kits once in a while for insane amounts of money on ebay...

Edited by Gatsu