Macross Δ (Delta) - Mission 1 - READ 1st POST

azrael

Mission 1: Prologue on the Battlefield  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Rating

• Postitive - LISTEN TO MY THEME SONGS!
    • Neutral
    • Negative - I'd rather listen to Justin Bieber.

Idols, it's Macross, they'll do fine.

From a civilian Destroid to breakdance fighting in a grunt 171, just what the heck is Hayate?

He is a fresh wind, strong and powerful, blowing into our lives and as for his last name, well he will be an ace pilot, like Max Jenius before him and Max Immelmann before both of them. ^^ If you look at Immelmann's real life accomplishment and his first name's meanings, you can see a lot of that expressed in his character and his moves.

Edit: Mikumo is also named after a WW1 French Fighter Ace and now that I'm looking at the Dress Uniforms of WW1 European Fighter Aces, I can see where it inspired the Kingdom of Wind outfits.

Edited by Heron

I watched the whole episode again, although i saw it the first time. Must say its worth a rewatch in its entirety just to see the upgrade of colors and details in scenes.

1. Hayate's moves in dodging and side kicking the regults legs where awesome. Nice animation there.

Poor freya tho being crushed like a pancake whilst hayate is doing his moves! ahh thats anime... :lol:

2. Freya's character animation is definately a plus, bringing out a natural joy and enthusiasm emotions. Esp during the 171 flight scene, where she looked happy flying and singing!

3. Hayate's dancing...floats like a butterfly B)) ....now i know what save meant as footloose, when he tweeted :p )

I hope D05 turns out to be a hand to hand/martial art/boxing valk with hayate in it. My worse fear is that D05 becomes the all dancing valk (but i shan't comment on that yet)

Cant wait till ep2!!

Watching it again, the last bit was a little too remeniscent of Frontier.

But at least Alto seemed like he was trying to avoid turn the girl he was protecting into a pile of goo. Lmao I guess those inertial dampeners don't just cover the cockpit anymore. Wasn't Alto good at dancing too? New theory: Hayate isn't Alto's kid, but a clone of Alto made by the Vajra queen after the events of the second movie to help spread harmony through the galaxy. He's felt lost before because he could never find the right way to do this... until now.

Seems like this will be the opposite of some of the other series though. Hayate already has experience with battroid from piloting Destroids, so now he'll have to train in fighter to be an all-round valk pilot, instead of the other way around.

Excited for next week. We'll see if the visual take a step up like they did in the second ep of Frontier.

I'm digging the soundtrack as well. It's got such a fantasy vibe that it almost clashes with the whole space opera theme of Macross, but the more I listen to it the more it works

Edited by Raptor One

Can't wait for second episode!

I love the better details, better flow, sound mix, and added scenes, but I've watched the preview over a dozen times already! :p

I guess I'll be watching this a few more times before the next arrives. :wub:

I hope during the run of the series I get to see a valk moonwalk.

I second this.

Also, wow, the final polish on the effects renders makes the mechs and the action a LOT nicer to look at.

And speaking of effects,

I notice they added some lead-in on Mikumo's barrier so it looks less like she just ate a missile with her face and more like the drones blocked it.

Ya gotta have the "main" character get in a Valk and save the day and screw something up by the end of the first episode!

Overall I think the episode worked better here. And I'll take Hayate's funky valk dancing over that drone recharging bit any day.

Ya gotta have the "main" character get in a Valk and save the day and screw something up by the end of the first episode!

Overall I think the episode worked better here. And I'll take Hayate's funky valk dancing over that drone recharging bit any day.

Agreed!

I ended up with a big grin at the end of the episode. Tighter story and the animation was better and more fluid and the tech behind the 'magic' was more visible. And those last 4 minutes were classic Macross.

Chuck strikes me as a Kakizaki clone. I see some pineapple cake in his future.

Amazon.jp has verrry brief episode write ups for the first three episodes which will be on the first Bluray (WITH ENGLISH SUBTITLES).

■ Mission 01 "battlefield of the prologue" ※ 2016 April TV broadcast version
Boy Hayate in part-time job at the port of the planet Al-Shahar is, meets a girl Freya, which has been stowaways lurking in the container.
She is, in order to audition of tactics music unit "Valkyrie", he that has been all the way jumping the home planet.
■ Mission 02 "readiness of the audition."
Quell the riot, thanks to the success of Δ platoon and Valkyrie. Variable fighter troops of the mystery that struck al-Shahar withdrew.
The Freya was a renewed determination, in order to receive the final audition of the Valkyrie, but he came to the planet Laguna with a venue with Hayate -
■ Mission 03 "whirlwind dogfight"
Mirage against alone in Δ platoon enlisted of Hayate, had been entrusted with the training instructor of Hayate.
However, question Hayate without listening at all to say the Mirage, carefree and chasing the sea cat I Sabo the training of non-flight practical.
Mirage that was run out of numbness

I ended up with a big grin at the end of the episode. Tighter story and the animation was better and more fluid and the tech behind the 'magic' was more visible. And those last 4 minutes were classic Macross.

Chuck strikes me as a Kakizaki clone. I see some pineapple cake in his future.

for me it was the opposite, only magic remain,

they removed the scenes with which they explained the technologies, or that indeed these aparatus where plausibles thecnologies, like the recharge scene.
and not only that it feeled messy with all the cuts, there where less logical transitions, the characters just appered from nowhere, like the scene with mirage why would she feels the need for pursuing the main charaters.
in the 0.89 there was to much information, but good information at least
in the end for me there where too many "why" in this chapter. And not of the good kind.

Production values are top notch. I see shades of Macross/Basquash/Akb0048/Escaflowne in the first episode. Still not sure how Freyja wasn't squished

during Immelman's mecha breakdance dance sequence while fighting those regults.

Still loving the updated enemy mecha. Looks so much more scary and impressive then the updated destroids.

I'm curious how this tv series is going to end. Unlike the last two series the main antagonist, thus far shown, are humans who you can't sing at in mid-battle and make them change their minds.

....unless the ending is some bad dude leader type with a big ol army getting infected with Vars Syndrome and Delta Walkure/Knights must team up and save him and then the world! Ugh I really hope that's not it.

So far, so good... :D

I was very satisfied with Macross Delta's first episode. Tone-wise, it feels very similar to Macross Frontier, which IMO is nothing but good.

Hayate seems like he's less conflicted and passive than Alto was...

... and it looks like, as of the end of episode 1, he's finally discovered that passion he's been searching for all his life. Boy's got the flying bug. Honestly, if I ever need to demonstrate to someone how agile a Valkyrie can really be in battroid mode, I'm going to reference Hayate's breakdancing-inspired fighting moves from this episode. I really like the Nightmare Plus, so I'm actually a little upset that its moment in the spotlight wasn't longer. Let's just hope they don't decide to invoice him for the cost of that thing after it got shot down...

Likewise, Freyja seems to have a lot more drive and confidence than Ranka did in Frontier, which IMO makes her much easier to like. Still very much in Camp Mirage though, but at least it looks like there'll be two actual contenders in this love triangle instead of one serious player and one hanger-on. (Yay!)

So far, so good... :D

I was very satisfied with Macross Delta's first episode. Tone-wise, it feels very similar to Macross Frontier, which IMO is nothing but good.

You and me both. I was all set to be disappointed, but damn did they deliver, or what!?

Hayate seems like he's less conflicted and passive than Alto was...

... and it looks like, as of the end of episode 1, he's finally discovered that passion he's been searching for all his life. Boy's got the flying bug. Honestly, if I ever need to demonstrate to someone how agile a Valkyrie can really be in battroid mode, I'm going to reference Hayate's breakdancing-inspired fighting moves from this episode. I really like the Nightmare Plus, so I'm actually a little upset that its moment in the spotlight wasn't longer. Let's just hope they don't decide to invoice him for the cost of that thing after it got shot down...

Likewise, Freyja seems to have a lot more drive and confidence than Ranka did in Frontier, which IMO makes her much easier to like. Still very much in Camp Mirage though, but at least it looks like there'll be two actual contenders in this love triangle instead of one serious player and one hanger-on. (Yay!)

Agreed. Though just for clarity, in the frontier love triangle you're talking about Ranka being the hanger on, and Sheryl being the serious contender? That's how I took your meaning. As for the two ladies, well, I don't know which ones it will be, definitely Freyja, but I don't know if it will be Mirage or one of the other Walkure at this point. Unless it's already been confirmed. I'm definitely a fan of Mirage, she's my kind of girl.

The fact that the three characters share a scene pretty much 100% confirms Mirage is the other point of the triangle. Especially since Hayate didn't interact with any other females at all.

Main character has to interact with the two other members of the triangle in the first ep. Tis Macross law

(And I've just set myself up for a bunch of counter examples)

The fact that the three characters share a scene pretty much 100% confirms Mirage is the other point of the triangle. Especially since Hayate didn't interact with any other females at all.

Team Mireyja all the way! There will be no white flag above my door!

tumblr_me29v2JZmZ1qfsdgh.gif

Thing is, this makes the triangle have an uber-obvious "right" answer from the beginning. (hint: it's the hot alien chick who's also a fighter pilot). Max was/is always right.

Whereas with Frontier, it flip-flopped for a while, and both characters had similar roles---established pop idol vs up-and-coming pop idol. First it was all "Ranka's cute, and Sheryl's a stuck-up bitch". But by the end, it was "Sheryl's much deeper and tougher than we first though, yet Ranka somehow gets dumber with each new experience".

Main character has to interact with the two other members of the triangle in the first ep. Tis Macross law

(And I've just set myself up for a bunch of counter examples)

All the promotional art once Mirage was revealed kinda confirmed this. It's gonna be fun for sure but I'm not yet convinced that this guy deserve either one. Lol. Maybe they'll pull a Legend of Korra on is.

Team Mireyja all the way! There will be no white flag above my door!

tumblr_me29v2JZmZ1qfsdgh.gif

All the promotional art once Mirage was revealed kinda confirmed this. It's gonna be fun for sure but I'm not yet convinced that this guy deserve either one. Lol. Maybe they'll pull a Legend of Korra on is.

Now this is a ship I can get behind!

Coming out of Macross Retirement to say I saw this and the first episode is already so much better than the Gatchaman Crowds reboot. I'll be watching the series for sure!

I'm still unsure what relation Gatchaman Crowds had to the original besides the name

Edited by Raptor One

I always like the side couple more than the main triangle. Max an Millia, Michael an Klan, Makina and Reina... :wub::wub::p

Truer words have never been spoken. Claudia and Roy.

But speaking of Reina, I was a bit distressed to find that she's officially 15. The impression I got from Walkure, justified or not, was that they would all sort of be onee-chan type figures to Freyja. So perhaps hoping against hope, I pegged them as all being in the low- to late-20s, with Reina being about 22. She can't reasonably have Oneechan status when she's only a year older than the protagonist. Boo.

...then again, I pegged everyone as being several years older than they actually are, so maybe I'm just bad with anime age.

EDIT:

#teammakireina??? :lol:

A thousand times yes. (I was already suspecting it MIGHT go this direction given they're constantly depicted with each other, but physical proximity only implies a close relationship.)

Edited by kajnrig

Truer words have never been spoken. Claudia and Roy.But speaking of Reina, I was a bit distressed to find that she's officially 15. The impression I got from Walkure, justified or not, was that they would all sort of be onee-chan type figures to Freyja. So perhaps hoping against hope, I pegged them as all being in the low- to late-20s, with Reina being about 22. She can't reasonably have Oneechan status when she's only a year older than the protagonist. Boo....then again, I pegged everyone as being several years older than they actually are, so maybe I'm just bad with anime age.

Why does it matter? Are you lusting after them?

Heck, I still like the Narnia books and most of the characters there are under 18. It's a story about young adults, after all.

Why does it matter? Are you lusting after them?

Heck, I still like the Narnia books and most of the characters there are under 18. It's a story about young adults, after all.

Lol :D No, and I do get what you mean. I just think that... I dunno. One of the things I appreciated about 08th MS Team (Gundam) was that the majority of the cast were 20s and up; Shiro Amada is 21(?) when the story begins. It can help lend characters a bit of but not too much maturity, but mostly I just like it because it's a shift away from the 15-18-year old protagonists that we normally see. It's for the same reason that I appreciate the Myung/Isamu/Guld cast in M+, and FFVII's main cast being mostly 21 years old or above.

EDIT:

(They don't ever mention age, but I picture the M+ trio being 30-ish. The Macross Wiki lists Isamu as 24, which I can also buy even if I don't at all trust it as a source of reliable information.)

EDIT 2 because lol I know it seems that way and I have no way to disprove it despite having perfectly innocent motives:

Was that not the implication?

Edited by kajnrig