On 1/20/2017 at 6:36 AM, anime52k8 said:

That looks so weird. also, why does it have the under armour logo on it's tail fin?

Because the EDF has learned the importance of sponsorship.  You haven't seen the ones with the Golden Arches, the Apple logo, or the smiling face of the Colonel yet.... Colonel Sanders that is.

That many Andromeda class means at least one or two can be redshirted.  Woohoo.

Those Andros with headgear looks like someone stuck a wobbly helmet on the ship.  I wonder if they'll have balance problem when they are under gravity.

Edited by kalvasflam

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 0:52 AM, kalvasflam said:

Because the EDF has learned the importance of sponsorship.  You haven't seen the ones with the Golden Arches, the Apple logo, or the smiling face of the Colonel yet.... Colonel Sanders that is.

That many Andromeda class means at least one or two can be redshirted.  Woohoo.

Those Andros with headgear looks like someone stuck a wobbly helmet on the ship.  I wonder if they'll have balance problem when they are under gravity.

maybe its a Gamalas gimmick. All their drenaught-classy ships have that flying Frizbee device to save their CoC's arses... the same maybe the intent for those Andy's with Hats. Thus I dub those ships... Andy's with Hats. (someone make a meme of that, please)

So that would make a 1/1000 Andromeda 17.48 inches long.  That's a big Mama!;) I don't think we'll see a big 1/500 kit to go with Yamato, that would be 34.96 inches long!

Chris

Edited by Dobber

17 hours ago, Dobber said:

So that would make a 1/1000 Andromeda 17.48 inches long.  That's a big Mama!;) I don't think we'll see a big 1/500 kit to go with Yamato, that would be 34.96 inches long!

Chris

So that Andromeda toy that's up for preorder right now at AmiAmi and places like that is 17" long?

If the stated size of 444m is correct, and the scale really is 1/1000 then it should be. Makes me understand the price a bit more when you add the electronics in too. ;)

Chris

That's looking so freaking cool! I can't understand what they're saying, but I love it and I want to see it and I want it now!

I froze on the image of the combined fleet, and it looks awesome! I just hope they modernized those Earth ships with better guns and armor, otherwise they're just kindling! And I guess we won't be seeing any Borodino class battleships, which is a bummer. But we get four Andromedas which de-bumming!

On 31/01/2017 at 10:03 PM, treatment said:

imported it from amzn.jp and here's the link: 

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B01LKSEPA6/

Still at po-pricing, it seems.

The more expensive Limited Edition is already gone from amzn.jp.

Does it have english subs like the individual BD's did back in the day?

Oh, and 2202 looks amazing! Cannot wait!

Edited by Marzan
Forgot something

1 hour ago, derex3592 said:

daaaaaaamn!!! Having just wrapped up watching 2199 for the first time, BRING THIS SH*T ON!!! 

Welcome to the Club!

Sad that there is still no news if 2202 will have English subs like 2199 did. :(

Chris

27 minutes ago, Marzan said:

Does it have english subs like the individual BD's did back in the day?

Oh, and 2202 looks amazing! Cannot wait!

Yeah. The new 2199 BD-set include english-subs on the episodes themselves, including the ep-previews. 

Does not have any english-subs on the bonus-disc and extras.

I am so looking forward to this, and dreading it at the same time.

I'm nervous that they're leaning so heavily toward the movie version.  There's some potentially good stuff to mine there, but I think the TV show was the better version of the story by far.  I'm also nervous they're feeling the need to alter so much, but the beginning of Gatlantis/Comet Empire is far from classic, so I'm hoping things will be fine.

I'm fine with changes, but there better be damn good reason for anything changed from the Battle of Saturn onward.  The end of the series is damn near perfect as far as I'm concerned.

Bandai needs to announce a new release of the Chogokin Andromeda.  I need it to go with my Yamato.  NEED!

So this is where all the old geezers like me hang out! 

Great to see Yamato has so many fans! Maybe we get regular series into the future.

Remedy to combat MOE.

I just wish they'd followed through with the Figuarts Zero line they announced a couple years ago. Alas, only Yuki came out, while Kodai, Dessler, Starsha and Frakken were scraped. I would be happy with a larger ensemble cast line of static figures like the Zero line. Or even smaller gashapons like the ones Bandai made for Macross Frontier. I just wish that they made other characters aside Yamato Girls in sexy poses. Shima, Sanada, Dessler, Domel, Shulz, Frakken, Starsha, Melda, Kato, Shinohara, Nanbu, Ota, Aihara... I mean, the list of great characters goes on and on. Tell me you wouldn't buy each and every one of them as part of a smaller scale (and decently priced) line... GET WITH THE PROGRAM, BANDAI!!!

This was posted by member Yorkie over at SSM:

Makoto Kobayashi's twitter again- 
At least 5 Andromeda class ships: 
AAA-01 Andromeda 
AAA-02 Aldebaran 
AAA-03 Apolonome (Apollo ?) 
AAA-04 Achilles 
AAA-05 Antares (carrier type) 

so maybe we will get repop's of the Andromeda kit without electronics and hopefully new parts for the Carrier types.

and even possibly bigger news....we may be getting a Main Battleship type model! Look to the left in this picture. ;)

IMG_0135.thumb.JPG.a27225022668c9413289fdadf3c2efe3.JPG