Mmmhmmmm....I knew it was just a matter of time before the more creative takes on the Yamato girls would start popping up. Let me know when the Over Dard version of Yuki pops up...

• 3 weeks later...

At a ball game, so can only get a quick look... But... Serizawa isn't in prison? Seriously??

Also, updates to the site. Andromeda is huge! My guess is Skytree height is Andromeda's length:

http://www.yamato2202.net/news/

Edited by Analyser809

Also, updates to the site. Andromeda is huge! My guess is Skytree height is Andromeda's length:

http://www.yamato2202.net/news/

Interesting.

Yamato is 333m and just the same length/ height of Tokyo Tower.

Skytree is 634m.

Edited by antibiotictab

The music is great as usual.

If they insist on doing this Hollywood Star Blazers movie, then they should not waste money on a Hollywood soundtrack for it. Just use the 2199 soundtrack pieces, it's the music existing fans know anyway. Save millions that could be spent on getting the story and effects right.

Yeah, looks like it could be almost twice the size of Yamato:

1479337325.jpg

Which makes the idea of bringing the 1/1000 Andromeda home from Japan in my luggage an unlikely proposition. Fortunately I know someone in Japan who can mail it home for me.

So excited for this!

I hope we see Andromeda do something besides get blowed up real good. Maybe save Yamato at some point.

Chris

It's an iconic vessel, yet we only see it in three or four episodes in Yamato 2, and only one of those is in combat (and very limited combat at that). So I agree, I'd like to see it at the front of the battle with Yamato earlier on in the series.

Edited by Analyser809

Well, since the primary plot of the Battle of Saturn (the Magna-flame/Flame Strike Gun right down to the ice field) was handled in Ark of the Stars, I hope we're going to see something more than just a rehash of it from the original series. An epic naval battle where it's not just the UNCF fleet being picked off before they can even get in firing range. With the writing and production staff they have aboard, I think we'll see something epic, but different to what Yamato 2 or Saraba Yamato: Ai No Senshitachi had.

ha that clip sure brings back memories - dont remember the voice acting being so rough but I guess at 8 years old I wasnt too focused on that - wow General Fleek (sp?) sure sounds like the Monarch from Venture Bros

Haha...totally sounds like the Monarch...glad I wasn't the only one to notice.

Well, since the primary plot of the Battle of Saturn (the Magna-flame/Flame Strike Gun right down to the ice field) was handled in Ark of the Stars, I hope we're going to see something more than just a rehash of it from the original series. An epic naval battle where it's not just the UNCF fleet being picked off before they can even get in firing range. With the writing and production staff they have aboard, I think we'll see something epic, but different to what Yamato 2 or Saraba Yamato: Ai No Senshitachi had.

Really hope so as well. I thought the one in Ark of Stars was an experimental ship anyway. Would like to see the Earth Fleet being more than sitting ducks.

Really hope so as well. I thought the one in Ark of Stars was an experimental ship anyway. Would like to see the Earth Fleet being more than sitting ducks.

Maybe Earth will develop some kind of tech based on the SMITE system. If Garmillas are generous enough to offer it.

at 0.11 seconds into the clip: Was that a Gamalon in civilian cloths in that clip?

Yes, yes it was. I'm guessing the similar suit in the foreground of Serizawa is also a Garmillan.

A better look at the updated Andromeda.

"A new ship built based on the new government policy of the Earth government. Beginning with two wave hammer guns, its equipment and performance is in excess of Yamato. If it was constructed in a short period after the war, the degree of completeness is high enough to say that it is strange, and there are still many unknown points regarding its origins."

post-31-0-02946800-1480065999_thumb.jpg

The image is new, the description is the same one they had previously.

They've created a new Artwork section and replaced Yamato's and Andromeda's schematics.

They've also put up character profiles for Sanada, Tokugawa, Nanbu, Aihara, and Enomoto, and added colour images for Kodai and Yuki.

All but one of these characters are being voiced by their 2199 actors; Enomoto being the sole exception (Keiji Fujiwara is on hiatus from voice acting for medical treatment, so Kenjiro Tsuda has taken over the role).

It's given more of a picture of the establishment of the opening scenario for Chapter 1 -

Nanbu and Aihara are with Kodai on Yunagi, which going by the footage in the teaser has to be a re-named and re-classified Kirishima, or at least based on the Kongou class hull.

The rest are helping Sanada refit Yamato

Also some new videos in the video section: Road to 2202 and an interview by Aya Uchida (Yuria Misaki's voice actress) with Ryuusuke Hikawa (Yamato super-fan) and 2202 director Nobuyoshi Habara.

Edited by Analyser809

So are there any updates to Andromeda that anyone can tell? She looks the same to me as she originally did in Yamato II.

Chris

There's one obvious one. She's much larger than either her original incarnation or the 2199-verse's Yamato, although no official length yet, and no other tech specs aside from the visible weaponry.

If they do, they probably won't have WMGs. The writers have painted themselves into a corner with the whole wave core thing. My guess is that only Yamato and Andromeda will have WMGs.

Still, they could be powered by Garmillas reactors and engines and still have shock cannons. The alliance with Garmillas opens up that possibility.

Logistically, how many could we reasonably expect to see in two years? That'd be dependent on a number of things.

• Exactly what the CRS reversed. Was it just the natural world, or was it infrastructure and buildings too?
  • The level of Garmillas assistance in any rebuilding.
  • The availability of resources, both raw materials and human resources (both in construction and to crew the ships, both of which will require training).
  • How many shipyards there are. If there is only a single shipyard building one ship at a time, it's not going to produce a fleet in a decent amount of time.
  • The level of automation.

We have two-plus years since the end of 2199. It took almost a year for Yamato to be built, granted it was a prototype from a Terran perspective, so theoretically the same resources should be able to cut down the development time this time around.

It would make more sense for shipyards to be built in space, probably somewhere close to the Asteroid Belt, so that large amounts of resources can potentially be mined. The shipyards could potentially be built into some of the larger, more orbit-stable asteroids as well. Given that bit of artwork Kia Asamiya made for the 2202 ticket sheet, it's possible that Andromeda was built in a shipyard nearby.

On a slightly tangential topic, there could be a connection to what we've seen in the trailer and character profiles so far, and some things that haven't been clear between the trailer and the profiles.

Given that according to his character profile, Kodai is in charge of the Destroyer Yunagi, and the trailer footage shows him aboard what appears to be Kirishima's bridge, I've come up with the hypothesis that Yunagi is in fact the former Kirishima. Given that Yamato is now the benchmark for a battleship in the UNCF, the Kongō class should be downgraded in class from battleship. Being reclassified a destroyer could be testimony to it fitting in with comparable-sized ships in the Garmillas Navy. At 205 meters long, Kirishima is midway between the Destoria (270m) and Kriptera (160m) classes of warships in terms of size. If Kirishima's hull were stripped down and re-engined and re-powered with Garmillan technology, and the weapons replaced with something more potent, the firepower would probably also be midranged between the two. Renaming the ship Yunagi would free up the Kirishima name to be used elsewhere... perhaps in the future EDF Main Battleship fleet?

Edited by Analyser809

It's also highly possible that Andromeda was under construction even before Yamato left Earth. Having Yamato as the test bed for the tech and seeing how everything worked together before launch, I wouldn't be surprised if they'd pushed ahead despite any risk. And then seeing how well her shock cannon and main gun worked against previously impervious Garmilas ships, would spur them on even harder to get the Andromeda afloat.

So it could be three years instead of two, and who knows, Andromeda may have welcomed Yamato home.

As to the question of scale, here are my three Space Battleship Yamato ships, the fleet flagship Nike, the Yamato herself and the previous light cruiser Interceptor, now termed as a full fledged cruiser.

m63CQl7.jpg

YxK1yw0.jpg

MIuNjaX.jpg

Ye7ZF3e.jpg

Now keep in mind, the Bandai Andromeda model has been lengthened by an inch and a half, so the stock model is actually shorter than shown here, as well as having a number of extra additions.

If they have increased the ships size for the new series, then the old Bandai kit may now be almost 'in-scale' with the newer 1/1000 kits. Ironic in that, upon hearing they'll be a new Andromeda model, that I sold off the four unbuilt kits that I had, figuring they would now be too large... :rolleyes:

And whether the old /700 models would be able to fit in with the /1000 ships isn't even a question for me!

s-l1600.jpg

11624-355x231.jpg

11654-356x230.jpg

The last two especially look like they'll fit right in as cruiser and battlecruiser types.

Edited by Thom

It's also highly possible that Andromeda was under construction even before Yamato left Earth. Having Yamato as the test bed for the tech and seeing how everything worked together before launch, I wouldn't be surprised if they'd pushed ahead despite any risk. And then seeing how well her shock cannon and main gun worked against previously impervious Garmilas ships, would spur them on even harder to get the Andromeda afloat.

So it could be three years instead of two, and who knows, Andromeda may have welcomed Yamato home.

Where do you get "highly possible"? More like impossible.

All of the UNCF's remaining resources are being thrown into the Yamato project; otherwise they would have been proceeding with the Izumo plan as a backup. This suggests that they only have enough resources and personnel to build Yamato and that's it. Otherwise, if there's a second ship, then there's no need for Serizawa to scheme a mutiny aboard Yamato.

Furthermore, the UN's leaders during their conversation with Okita in Episode 2 are painting a bleak picture - energy resources are dwindling, riots are breaking out, poisonous spores are spreading, and the regions of the world are isolated from each other. All their hopes are left in the Yamato Plan. There aren't resources (raw materials, energy, people) to start building another ship.

Andromeda is at the very least 33% larger than Yamato (and probably a bit larger than that). It took the better part of a year to build Yamato. It's just not happening before Yamato returns to Earth in December 2199 when they can build some proper shipyards. They have between 2 and 3 years to build it, depending on when in 2202 the story starts. The best you can hope for is that design work started on Andromeda during Yamato's mission and started soon after her return to Earth, probably with Garmillan assistance in setting up shipyards.

And lastly, even if they did build it, Andromeda isn't going anywhere without a wave-motion core, which Yamato had the only example of when it left Earth, and would return with the second one they found on Beemela. And before you say they could reverse engineer it, forget it. They had it in their possession on Earth for 2 days before Yamato left, and we see that Garmillas scientists couldn't produce one that small - Deuseler II's wave-motion gun required an array of bigger-than-person-sized wave-motion cores to operate.

As for the other ship types, only time will tell whether we'll even see them. The only ships confirmed so far are Yamato, Andromeda, and Yunagi, which looks to me to be a refit and reclassified Kirishima. And for the scale, it might be around ballpark but any accuracy in this estimate would be dependent upon their announcement of Andromeda's dimensions.

Secondly, all the regions of the world are cut off from each other. What materials any of them have left are likely to be hoarded anyway, to allow what further repairs and construction in the underground cities can be done, to be done.