Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I think they are but it depends on the person. I'm a huge fan and I bought both these and the Cosmic Fleet of both ships. That is probably excessive since both lines are comparable in price and cater to same idea, a nice desktop display piece.

The KT are bigger and have light up features (the windows, engines and wmg) that give it a nice look. I usually don't care about light up stuff but it's actually implemented pretty decent here and enhances the look of the ships IMO.

Im not sure how playable these are. I don't usually play with ships myself. I usually just use them as a display piece. The turrets are articulated though so you can position those. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't watched a single episode of 2202 yet, is the series complete yet?  Like a subbed version out there?  When I start, I just want to binge watch the whole thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It has not finished up yet in Japan, two or so releases left to go I believe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, peter said:

I haven't watched a single episode of 2202 yet, is the series complete yet?  Like a subbed version out there?  When I start, I just want to binge watch the whole thing.

They are taking their sweet time releasing the episodes but it takes longer for the fan subs to finish too.

I just hope Funimation will immediately start on a sub/dubbed series after 2199 is done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, good to know, thanks guys.  

Just a little bit more waiting I guess :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

someone on FB speculated that the young adult first seen in this clip was the previous Leader of the Gamalas Empire and The Gamlon Liaison/Kinda-Traitor guy on Yamato is his son?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

May be it's all a big fake out.  We all know how Soto and Kodai became BFF in the original series.  But may be what they'll end up here is having a duel to the death in this series.  Yep, that's my official theory now.  Big fake out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Central Anime is out with ep 11 and 12 subs.

 

The story of Gatlantis keeps getting weirder, a massive fleet of who knows how many ships, if there were ever a time to use the main gun, it would've been then.  Cause you know, a planetoid the size of Mars means nothing to Yamato's wave motion gun.  I have a bad feeling that instead of a gorgeous story like 2199, this one is going to go all mystical and babbling soon.

Dammit, I want big honking space battles.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

SWEET! Patience is finally paying off. I didn't buy the Japanese blu-rays because how of how expensive they are plus 2202's aren't subtitled.

Side question. Is there a digital copy when buying Funimation's blu-rays? Overall I'd prefer digital copies of media.

Edited by TangledThorns

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I missed where it said Funimation has a blu-ray.  I see it will be simuldubbed and WILL signing up for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, TehPW said:

      Can someone shed more light to this (specifically, how can I watch this series if it's planned to be available in CONUS?)        https://www.facebook.com/Yamato2199/?hc_ref=ARSx8tT3AwIcJHX7ineifKyMXwij92B6Z1q5QIM0BTlr9fVlyXAAaFxf-zDdTgYyKOU&fref=nf   

I dunno much about how funimation does things but it will probably show up here https://www.funimation.com/shows/star-blazers/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The dubbed version of Yamato 2202 will have to go on hiatus at some point. There are 14 episodes already out with 4 more coming out in Japanese theatres in May 25th, home video about a month after that. IF Funimation starts streaming 2202 right after 2199 ends (episode 26 will be released on May 2nd), best case scenario will allow them to release the episodes of chapter 5 from August 15 onward. This does allow enough time for the home video release to run its usual course. VVVVID.it usually releases the italian subtitled episodes at about that time frame (though they delayed the chapter 4 release for a month). But then, they either wait for chapters 6 and 7 to run their theatrical and home video course, and release each set of 4 episodes with an appropriate time delay (about 1.5 to 2 months after the home video release), or they split the series in half, release part one now and part two either after 2202 has ran its course or next year.

As other people have stated elsewhere, Funimation hasn't made any announcement for a possible dub of the movies. Streaming those for a few weeks each would buy them some time. But if we take their spring release statement literaly, they will start streaming 2202 in less than two months, and have to make a decision by then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, good news.  But I'm not interested in streaming.  I want blu-rays.  

And on the Bandai front, why no Chogokin Andromeda yet?  Wasn't the 2199 Yamato already at least on pre-order at this point in that series? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, GabrielV said:

Well, good news.  But I'm not interested in streaming.  I want blu-rays.  

Blu rays should drop soon after the dubs are complete. So 2199 in a month or two and 2022 a month or so after it's done it's run. Special combined set in time for the holidays?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, GabrielV said:

Well, good news.  But I'm not interested in streaming.  I want blu-rays.  

 

I'm OK with streaming on Netflix or Amazon but I may buy digital copies on Amazon if available. Still, I'm glad I held off on buying the ridiculously expensive Japanese blu-rays. I was tempted a few times during a sale but still too expensive for me.

Edited by TangledThorns

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome news!! I’ve been watching the 2199 dubs on Funimation, looking forward to finally seeing 2202. 

Chris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll ditto that.  Luckily there is a lot of other good stuff on funimation to make signing up worth it anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Woohoo!! Great news, I've been meaning to get my little girl to watch this, but she can't read the subtitles fast enough and gets frustrated.  I would like to have a chance to admire the artwork on screen more myself!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, SuperHobo said:

For those of you who wanted a blu-ray release of 2199, your prayers have been answered.

https://www.funimation.com/shop/home-video/star-blazers-space-battleship-yamato-2199-part-one-combo-le-bld-00735/

 

But is it just the dub or is this a Japenese Audio release and English subs also.

Edited by Hikaru Ichijo SL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bilingual.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Keith said:

Bilingual.

Awesome!  Looking forward to this with 2202 now as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fansubs of 13 and 14 are out! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

OMG, what have they done to the series.

Ep 13 was a waste of time, all this backstory about Goland and crap, why bother if you're just going to kill them, I honestly couldn't give a flying F*** about these nobodies.  What was the point of wasting essentially ten minutes on this episode of the Galantean clones of stupidity.  Then, we spend another five minutes with F***ing emo Kodai, at this point, I just wish he died, you know, I'm pretty sure the idea of not using the WMG to save yourself against an evil horde would count as stupidity.  If Starsha is interested in saving the moronic, well, she can go hang herself.

Ep 14 had basically one good point, Desslar showing up, otheirwise, another throwaway general that I don't give a crap about.  Then there is a land battle that was just a massacre of idiots. This is a big contrast to 2199, where even minor characters like Dietz had at least an interesting back story.  With 2202, the enemy may as well be robots, cause we just don't care at all when they die.

I quite liked 2199, 2202 as a story basically sucks.  I know they have to do something to puff up Gatlantis, and drive model sales, but not at the expense of the story.  Hey guys who are writing 2202, take a lesson from Gundam the Origin, there is not nearly as much combat, but it's an awesome OVA because of the fantastic story.

Edited by kalvasflam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kalvasflam said:

OMG, what have they done to the series.

Ep 13 was a waste of time, all this backstory about Goland and crap, why bother if you're just going to kill them, I honestly couldn't give a flying F*** about these nobodies.  What was the point of wasting essentially ten minutes on this episode of the Galantean clones of stupidity.  Then, we spend another five minutes with F***ing emo Kodai, at this point, I just wish he died, you know, I'm pretty sure the idea of not using the WMG to save yourself against an evil horde would count as stupidity.  If Starsha is interested in saving the moronic, well, she can go hang herself.

Ep 14 had basically one good point, Desslar showing up, otheirwise, another throwaway general that I don't give a crap about.  Then there is a land battle that was just a massacre of idiots. This is a big contrast to 2199, where even minor characters like Dietz had at least an interesting back story.  With 2202, the enemy may as well be robots, cause we just don't care at all when they die.

I quite liked 2199, 2202 as a story basically sucks.  I know they have to do something to puff up Gatlantis, and drive model sales, but not at the expense of the story.  Hey guys who are writing 2202, take a lesson from Gundam the Origin, there is not nearly as much combat, but it's an awesome OVA because of the fantastic story.

Yikes, I haven't watched the episodes yet, but I was hoping the story would be improving after some missteps. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, SuperHobo said:

Yikes, I haven't watched the episodes yet, but I was hoping the story would be improving after some missteps. 

my apologies, I should've slapped spoilers on this....  hope the story goes back on track for the next 4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

2202 is doing a good job of killing my desire for a third season. I'm not saying its awful but its not great and at the current trend a third season could be total crap. They should put their energy into a OVA instead or hire better writers.

Edited by TangledThorns

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×