Issue #108 is up on HLJ

https://www.hlj.com/space-battleship-yamato-2202-1-350-yamato-weekly-magazine-108-hsjwym108

3 hours ago, Valkyrie Hunter D said:

This can't be right:

hlj.thumb.png.78e4bdca903367169fab27c18f58d9a3.png

My guess is that this one of the preorders for the Andromeda issues...?

I think you may be right.  A friend of mine said that the same thing happened for the Valkyrie issues.  We both ended up putting preorders in for 111 to 170.  If it really is for the Andromeda, at least it will save us some weekly stress for those issues!

13 hours ago, Valkyrie Hunter D said:

Dang, I wonder how many issues it'll take for the Andromeda. Another 110?:blink:

Friend found some more info on the Andromeda.  It looks like it is going to be 60 issues based on this website and seems to align with what is on HLJ.

https://ourstarblazers.com/vault/516a/

image.thumb.png.488869c9d10c4a11af0cad66f8f44053.png

3 minutes ago, easnoddy said:

The fact the turrets don't rotate on the Andromeda is a disappointment IMO.

Yea, it's a bummer that it isn't automated but I am glad that it is only 60 issues.  I was a little worried in investing another 2 years and cash into it so I'm pretty content to not have some of the gimmicks.  Just the prospect of having an Andromeda of this scale on my wall is pretty exciting!

18 hours ago, oshanmacross said:

104 105 is still available per hacthette mail order...
Hachette Yamato mail order
Hobby Link Japan has still not fulfilled my preorder for 105.

Panic time, LOL

My friend and I have had success ordering directly from them through a proxy.  We used Zenmarket but I'm sure any of the other options would work too.  He actually just had to order a replacement #105 direct through them since his issue was missing a piece (part 105-3).  Mine is still in Private Warehouse with HLJ so hopefully it is not a prevalent issue but you guys might want to check yours just in case.

Wonder if they are reprinting 105 because of this issue missing a piece.
I'll hold off a bit but just in case, I'll order through a proxy if no restock through HLJ in a week or two.

Just checked Amazon JP and a few JP book stores and out of stock.
lol, I don't see the display case on Hachette mail order but I do see the binders.

On 2/21/2021 at 12:49 PM, oshanmacross said:

Wonder if they are reprinting 105 because of this issue missing a piece.
I'll hold off a bit but just in case, I'll order through a proxy if no restock through HLJ in a week or two.

Just checked Amazon JP and a few JP book stores and out of stock.
lol, I don't see the display case on Hachette mail order but I do see the binders.

HLJ just filled my order for 105 today, hopefully they pull through for you as well.

On 2/20/2021 at 12:54 AM, Valkyrie Hunter D said:

Lol, well it doesn't have to be a partworks kit. I've seen small figurines of the UX-01, but to have an in-scale sub stalking our big Yamatos would be sweet.

Arrgh, I am 7 years late for this one.

UX-01-3-72dpi.thumb.jpg.7c2bc22f4f01f2c6287097582283a60b.jpg

6 hours ago, sumyumgoy said:

#110 is up on HLJ!  Please post pics of your finished Yamato!  I am still on issue #12 :sorry:

https://www.hlj.com/space-battleship-yamato-2202-1-350-yamato-weekly-magazine-110-hsjwym110

Nice-thanks for all the alerts! I'll definitely be posting victory shots here, and here too.

On 2/20/2021 at 9:37 PM, sumyumgoy said:

My friend and I have had success ordering directly from them through a proxy.  We used Zenmarket but I'm sure any of the other options would work too.  He actually just had to order a replacement #105 direct through them since his issue was missing a piece (part 105-3).  Mine is still in Private Warehouse with HLJ so hopefully it is not a prevalent issue but you guys might want to check yours just in case.

Weird, Hachette doesn't have issue #79 listed. I could use a replacement. Warning about glueing the AA turrets down...

15 hours ago, easnoddy said:

Weird, Hachette doesn't have issue #79 listed. I could use a replacement. Warning about glueing the AA turrets down...

Damn, that's weird that they don't have it on their site.  I was tried to look but Amazon is out of stock and HLJ is backordered.  Hope you are able to find one.

For those looking to create or order a display case here are the dimensions from the Hachette site:

44.5cm × 115cm x 36cm
Might be able to cheat and save a little $ as theirs looks a little oversized.

Once mine is finished I'll get some more accurate measurements.
952658813_ScreenShot2021-03-10at7_07_02PM.thumb.png.dadba90fa783f6993d26944f196b0e8e.png
My friend suggested a screencap printed starfield background and that got me really psyched, lol!  

I'll let you guys know if I find anything reasonable.
Who knows maybe we can do a small group buy.

But might just end up using lucite/heat gun/3d printing.

Edited by oshanmacross