Glad I could help! 

I was taking a stab at painting the pilot for the cosmo falcon and had to whip them out because I was starting to get cross eyed trying to paint the details.
Sorry, the colors aren't accurate at all and my first real try at painting a mini so it's not great lol.  

1337755439_resize2.jpg.c1ae8f4b52744a27ff840871a45c27b3.jpg1831124210_resize1.jpg.3f8037ce5b1336cb241942be43b62082.jpg

Edited by sumyumgoy

50 minutes ago, sumyumgoy said:

Glad I could help! 

I was taking a stab at painting the pilot for the cosmo falcon and had to whip them out because I was starting to get cross eyed trying to paint the details.
Sorry, the colors aren't accurate at all and my first real try at painting a mini so it's not great lol.  

1337755439_resize2.jpg.c1ae8f4b52744a27ff840871a45c27b3.jpg1831124210_resize1.jpg.3f8037ce5b1336cb241942be43b62082.jpg

quit complaining, it looks FINE! :D

The parts in the Hachette model that tried my patience the most so far were the two tiny clear parts that sit in the bow, to serve as hull lights. Once one was already in place, I would try to position the other, just to have the first fall off its spot at the slightest provocation. It took me a while to finaly make them both sit in their place until the part that actually held them in place and led the fiber optics in was screwed in. Hurray.... until I realized in horror I had used the wrong fiber optics and had to start over.... that was a profanity filled afternoon. But after that, it's been smooth sailing. And 10% is already gone by. 

2 hours ago, Dobber said:

Looks great! 

1 hour ago, TehPW said:

quit complaining, it looks FINE! :D

Thanks!  It's a whole lot more fun with models if I don't expect perfection and just do it lol.

26 minutes ago, westfall said:

The parts in the Hachette model that tried my patience the most so far were the two tiny clear parts that sit in the bow, to serve as hull lights. Once one was already in place, I would try to position the other, just to have the first fall off its spot at the slightest provocation. It took me a while to finaly make them both sit in their place until the part that actually held them in place and led the fiber optics in was screwed in. Hurray.... until I realized in horror I had used the wrong fiber optics and had to start over.... that was a profanity filled afternoon. But after that, it's been smooth sailing. And 10% is already gone by. 

You will be admiring 100% before you know it!  :good:

1 hour ago, westfall said:

Yeah, those little clear plastic parts in general are a pain since they're like 3 mm squared and don't glue into anything.  They just rest on something until you screw it into something else.  I had built the bow, put in the wave motion gun light in and realized I didn't do the bow lights.  Had to unscrew everything, then putting the fiber optics into the plastic piece for the bow lights was a pain, thats a small curve to pull taught, one of the optic tubes got a bit kinked but it doesn't look like it will affect it. 

Initially I was using a smaller screwdriver but then I found a larger one I have and was able to re-torque all the screws like another turn or two (which made everything fit together better).

Set #11 was very satisfying to open, 3-4 BIG pieces.  Sets 9-10 were not very satisfying.

Edited by easnoddy

On 4/16/2019 at 8:21 AM, sumyumgoy said:

Glad I could help! 

Have to agree with others. Nice looking pit and pilot.

Spoiler

As for the series, I finally got caught up on Funimation and am still liking it for the most part. But the last few eps have felt really rushed. In one scene UNCF command is ordering fleets into defensive postures, and the next time we come back to Earth the Galtaltis have already defeated them and are taking over. Another thing that I don't like it the rushed 180 some characters make, like Mil. He's all about completing the mission, but have Yuki dive in front of Kodai and suddenly the war is almost over... Good thing the Gamilas rushed in and killed him.

:ph34r:

Sadly, the soap opera aspect is really bogging it down.

Edited by Thom

12 hours ago, Thom said:

Have to agree with others. Nice looking pit and pilot.

As for the series, I finally got caught up on Funimation and am still liking it for the most part. But the last few eps have felt really rushed. In one scene UNCF command is ordering fleets into defensive postures, and the next time we come back to Earth the Galtaltis have already defeated them and are taking over. Another thing that I don't like it the rushed 180 some characters make, like Mil. He's all about completing the mission, but have Yuki dive in front of Kodai and suddenly the war is almost over... Good thing the Gamilas rushed in and killed him.:ph34r:

Sadly, the soap opera aspect is really bogging it down.

Thanks!  I still need to watch 2202.  I started the movie but got sidetracked re-watching Attack on Titan...

12 hours ago, easnoddy said:

Does anyone have the Megahouse Hi Spec Cosmo Zero?  Worth the price?

I struck out looking for reviews online...it's the same price as a Chogokin, yikes =T 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/an-interstellar-meteor-may-have-slammed-into-earth/ar-BBVZawI?ocid=spartandhp

a failed planet bomb? Kinda cool (and probably another reminder that most of us ignore that the big one is still out there to smite us back into past era without Netflix...)

22 hours ago, easnoddy said:

Does anyone have the Megahouse Hi Spec Cosmo Zero?  Worth the price?

I have it. It’s a little smaller than 1/72. Really nice with lots of options like weapons, landing gear, folded wings and nose probes 2 different stands (standard one and a catapult) and even has boarding stairs and a little Yuki to display seated like she did in an episode of 2199. I really like it, but I am a sucker for the Cosmo Zero (it’s one of my all time favorite sci-fi fighters) as for worth....we’ll I bought mine when it was released. We would always like things to be cheaper so I’m not sure I can really comment on that. I can say I’m glad I have it and would probably buy another fighter if they ever made one.....but the fact that they didn’t continue the line says a lot about how most probably felt about the price.

Chris

On a different note I got my magnifier glasses, they are awesome! So glad I got them, I am currently building 2 1/72 Blackbird Zero’s so these will come in handy once painting starts. ;)

Chris

14 hours ago, sumyumgoy said:

Thanks!  I still need to watch 2202.  I started the movie but got sidetracked re-watching Attack on Titan...

S*IT! So sorry dude! No excuse there. It's still good though...:vava:

Edited by Thom

8 hours ago, easnoddy said:

@Dobber  @1/72+ scale, what is it like 6" long? It's a pretty small fighter right?  There's no actual reviews on YouTube for it to show size or construction. Is the body diecast?

I’ll take some comparison pictures for you this evening. IIRC, the main body is metal while the wings, antenna, weapons ect are plastic. It has a light heft to it. Not a lot, mind you, but a little. 

Chris

Here are a few pictures. I should have measured it, sorry. I’ll do that for you tomorrow. The other Zero is the Bandai 1/72. 

3B33E687-9F02-4C5B-ACE3-414910A2BE3F.thumb.jpeg.3c255a5a2d8e2c9c08da2c9e2935c9d7.jpeg05ACCAFA-6E83-4716-848D-DFB1DDA7D3C6.thumb.jpeg.ce43411d9c97b5ca48f09f625c39b8c6.jpeg

3F24EAB6-63EC-42E2-8151-C9DE7B6B971C.thumb.jpeg.99cee06e7441dc8598366962efb6e023.jpeg

Edited by Dobber

12 hours ago, kalvasflam said:

Well, you had her in a two second cameo at the end of 2202.  May be she'll show up again in series 3 to help comfort Yamamoto and get her over the loss of Desslar Jr.

Haven't seen the end of 2202 yet.

20 hours ago, TehPW said:

I just watched Episode 25...

Hide contents

when did the Sgt. (Saito?) get married to the girl Marine?

I just assume they always had been. Unless it was yet another scene that was not shown and just skipped over.

It must be... but I suppose (as many have lamented already) its a thing for 2202 to slap that Green Skip Card right after the Red Skip Card...

Spoiler

I'm kinda sad at how Zoldar offs himself, laughing like a mad man into the singularity. At least in the original 2nd season (and presumably the movie the season was based on), Teresa melds with Zoldar, taking him and his toy where ever (and Zoldar being in abject FEAR of this). The way he dies (presumably) in this fashion seems... pointless, just proving that he really was insane and incapably of being reasoned with, completely wasting Kodai's time in trying the damnedest to not come to blows...

Edited by TehPW

Well its finally over... 

Spoiler

and very different ending, compared to the original 2nd season or movie. More like NGE (with less stupid). and lots to ponder for a 3rd season...

7 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

I ordered the 2202 LE part one via Funimation but they're backordered. Other sites like Amazon have it in stock buts double the price, ugh.

For Funimation LEs, preorder if your even thinking of getting it. They tend to be ~50% off and ship the day prior to release. At least mine have.

On 4/13/2019 at 8:42 PM, easnoddy said:

So 10% of the Hachette Yamato is released. I decided to build thev first 10 sets (I'll build 10 at at a time from here on out). This thing is a beauty, but parts of the build SUCKED.

For anyone wondering about size, here are a few pics with comparisons to Bandai GX-86 2202 Yamato (no scale given).

20190413_224914.jpg

20190413_231747.jpg

20190413_231806.jpg

Fuk.....I sort of regret not starting to collect this thing......

19 hours ago, TehPW said:

Well its finally over... 

Hide contents

and very different ending, compared to the original 2nd season or movie. More like NGE (with less stupid). and lots to ponder for a 3rd season...

I felt like it

Spoiler

whimpered out... Sadly. We ended Ep 25 with the golden-Yamato flying towards the AoD, a flicker of light and then fade to credits. Ep 26 starts six months later and is very low-key. I felt like they really didn't go into the depth with the events and just skimmed over the ending.

Or is that just me..?

Still, looking forward to a Season Three!!

Edited by Thom