On 1/17/2019 at 8:21 AM, Dobber said:

Yeah, The Man in the High Castle takes place in an alternate reality late 1950’s where the Axis powers won WWII and have occupied America. Japan has west of the Rockies and Germany East. It’s VERY depressing, good but depressing. I haven’t watched beyond season 1. Don’t know if I’m up to it.

Chris

yeah, it get's worse with each season. It's pretty bad when finding out your number 4 ship waifu survived WWII is the least depressing thing that's happened this season.

8 hours ago, kalvasflam said:

I think Central Anime will release in the next few weeks.  OMG, that trailer is so melodramatic.

Guess it will be a while before I start binge watching this season.

3 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

The whole season is melodramatic.

Well, can't argue that.  I noticed Desslar was firing on Gatlantis ships again, wonder if that means he survived being shot in the gut.

Or may be this is his swan song.  But it does look like Kinman is going to bite the dust.  (not surprising, we expect a few deaths here.  The captain and the marine, Kato, and half the pilots, and of course, we can't have a season if Yuki isn't injured or dying or dead in some ways).  Heh heh, Kodai is going to have a relationship with a zombie at this rate.

Guess Funimation's BD/DVD will be the only way to get an English subbed Yamato 2202.

I do like that I'm saving money (Bandai Visual's 7 BD's at $90-$100 each vs. Funimation's Part 1/2 sets at $45 each) though.

But I'm just sick of seeing that Starblazers name...we're not ten years old anymore folks.

https://www.amazon.com/Star-Blazers-2202-Battleship-Blu-ray/dp/B07LD23PFJ

You do realize that even if you were getting the japanese Blu-Rays you wouldn't get rid of it, right? Star Blazers has been fully embraced by the production companies as Yamato's international title and is part of the series official logo... so there's no getting away from it.

On 2/3/2019 at 12:37 PM, Valkyrie Hunter D said:

From that last vid, I'm guessing this is going to be a hefty sumbitch.

BTW, HLJ has the 2nd issue for preorder. 

Thank you!  Sets 1-3 ordered on HLJ. (though 1&2 are backordered).  Do we know how many sets there will be?  Gonna have to visit HLJ every week...

Edited by easnoddy
Added

Ok, having finally watched the subs.  This set was better than the earlier stuff.  The explanation was still lacking in some of the battle scenes, but passable enough.  The flow seems a little disjointed in some cases, for example, just cutting straight into the Gamilas attack, or cutting away right after the Andromeda squadrons hit Gatlantis with the WMGs.  Then you just see the Andy by itself blasting crap away, with no idea how it even got there, or where the ship was, or how all the other Andies got blown away.  Wished there were actually more actions sequences there that connect to each other.   The pacing actually feels a little rushed now, and it wouldn't have happened if we didn't have so much crap like the blue tunnel of love that led to nowhere, or the extended getting to Telezart arc, because no one gave two shits about baldy in command of the fleet and his little clone, or the ground forces commander, all of whom died and nobody cared.  

If they can pull off the conclusion with the right pacing (which should be possible), then 2202 would be at least passable in terms of story telling even with all the inflated military action and exponential increase in fire power.

Edited by kalvasflam

On 2/7/2019 at 11:36 AM, easnoddy said:

HAHA!  110 x $16 USD = $1760.  Worth it though.  This is the definitive Yamato.

Damn, I wish I didn't see this lol.  Sorry if my math is wrong but does that mean that it will take 2 years to finish this since it's a weekly magazine?

My mother-in-law started collecting this for me a few years ago - Nobunaga's Azhuchi castle...

s-l1000.jpg

She had no idea how many issues there would be and how long it would go on for......I haven't even started it yet, and I'm still bringing volumes back from Japan every time I visit.

Another trailer out

So, exciting... Looks like we're setting thing back on track with Dessler getting back in charge.   Yuki is about to die/get knocked around again.  She is just like Kenny in South Park.

And they are going to unleash that ark of destruction thing.  Neat

Edited by kalvasflam

On 2/14/2019 at 2:22 PM, sumyumgoy said:

Lol, it's an interesting way of hooking you in.  How many issues are there for the castle?  I think I'd go mental if I missed an issue...

Not sure, haha, probably over 100.  I've only brought back around 50 volumes

Has anyone gotten the Hachette collection pieces in stock at HLJ?  I've been pre-ordering them at hlj then when another site gets them in, then cancel the pre-order after I secure the order at the other site.  Unfortunately I have to wait for the back-ordered 001 to get into stock at hlj.  I should be getting 002 & 003 tomorrow.  004 ordered at the other site and 005 preordered at hlj.

I'd prefer to use hlj due to the private warehouse, shipping myself 4 at a time.  Just curious if hlj has actually been getting them.

Edited by easnoddy

3 hours ago, easnoddy said:

Has anyone gotten the Hachette collection pieces in stock at HLJ?  I've been pre-ordering them at hlj then when another site gets them in, then cancel the pre-order after I secure the order at the other site.  Unfortunately I have to wait for the back-ordered 001 to get into stock at hlj.  I should be getting 002 & 003 tomorrow.  004 ordered at the other site and 005 preordered at hlj.

I'd prefer to use hlj due to the private warehouse, shipping myself 4 at a time.  Just curious if hlj has actually been getting them.

I can't comment on whether HLJ will be getting any more.  I do know that HLJ has had the Macross Armored Factory on backorder for over a year now and I don't think it ever came in stock.  When looking at the FAQs for Hachette, it seems like you're pretty much out of luck if they no longer have the back issues in stock.

I took a look at Buyee and there are a couple issue No. 001's available.  I think that would be your best bet right now.  

https://buyee.jp/item/search/query/ダイキャストギミックモデルをつくる?sort=cbids&order=a&translationType=1&suggest=1

Best of luck, I'm looking forward to the finished product!

I pre-ordered 2, 3 and 4 at HLJ as soon as they poped up on the site. Only 2 actually made it to the private warehouse stage. The other 2 went straight to backorder. Ended up canceling them and just purchased them from Amazon Japan who seems to have ample stock. Their shipping and costums procedures also end up being better for me as the issues get to me faster and with less assle (and cost) at costums. So for now I'm going with Amazon Japan.

Edited by westfall

3 hours ago, westfall said:

I pre-ordered 2, 3 and 4 at HLJ as soon as they poped up on the site. Only 2 actually made it to the private warehouse stage. The other 2 went straight to backorder. Ended up canceling them and just purchased them from Amazon Japan who seems to have ample stock. They're shipping and costums procedures also end up being better for me as the issues get to me faster and with less assle (and cost) at costums. So for now I'm going with Amazon Japan.

oh nice, looks like Amazon JP is the best way to go for this.  They have all of them right now.  Sorry for pointing you in the wrong direction @easnoddy

Amazon JP Search Results

Does anyone know what time it is?  That's right.  It's time to shoot, hit, stab, kill, maim Yuki again.  Remember in each Yamato series, we must have at least one instance of such, the more the series advance along, the more Yuki must be abused so that we can traumatize Kodai and turn him into an emo kid, and make him scream "YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKIIIIIIIIII"

This is like a running theme in SBY.  If Yuki is not imperiled, something is wrong, like that episode of South Park when Kenny lived, and Cartman is left wondering what's wrong.  Although it could be that Yuki is immortal, and they need to come up with a series that's titled SBY: The end of Yuki Mori.

But perhaps I misunderstand the situation, somehow, Kodai might be secretly happy that Yuki i imperiled all the time, it gives him the excuse to act the way he does.  

Oh by the way, Kodai, you talked to Zordar again now, sure it was through Miru, but same difference, so please shot him on sight, and don't waste more time trying to reason with him

Edited by kalvasflam

4 minutes ago, easnoddy said:

I received sets 002 and 003 of the Hachette model, this thing is going to be SO impressive.  Nearly a meter long.  Sets 001 and 004 are on their way.  Only 106 sets to go...

Nice!  I'm living vicariously through you, don't let me down!  :clapping: