• 3 weeks later...

I know I'm a day late and a dollar short but...where did they find all of the people to man all of those ships of the EDF?  Wasn't the population of earth reduced to a fraction of what it was before the planet bombs?   Did the time fault allow for the remaining population to have lots and lots of sex and thus adequately crew the fleet in just three years?  Finally, where are the Chogokin DN and Andromeda toys?

Edited by myk

38 minutes ago, myk said:

I know I'm a day late and a dollar short but...where did they find all of the people to man all of those ships of the EDF?  Wasn't the population of earth reduced to a fraction of what it was before the planet bombs?   Did the time fault allow for the remaining population to have lots and lots of sex and thus adequately crew the fleet in just three years?  Finally, where are the Chogokin DN and Andromeda toys?

Earth's fleet was sizable, just outclassed by the Gamilus. I'd still say the fleet is feasible

10 hours ago, myk said:

AI would be my guess... or lots of automation that renders a typical crew requirement mute, thus you only need a skeleton crew to man a DN or CG. This matters especially because the fleet was probably planned for system defense, not conquest or exploration. That might be a theme for the next series, when you consider how the original third series/season went about. I'm pretty convinced that all the WMG fire (or the Time Fault itself) will cause environmental problems for earth... 

or they did the Iron Womb route and 3d printed kids aka The Clans of Battletech...

Edited by TehPW
I cans Thinks! eeeerrrrhhh

• 4 weeks later...

NERD-GASM! OK questions!

Pink is the new Gamalas?

Allderan rocking (until the head shave to their bridge. someone call secondary conn: they got helm control) but are they a sub faction of the Cosmo Navy? Who is crewing them?

42 minutes ago, TehPW said:

NERD-GASM! OK questions!

Pink is the new Gamalas?

Allderan rocking (until the head shave to their bridge. someone call secondary conn: they got helm control) but are they a sub faction of the Cosmo Navy? Who is crewing them?

OMG, we're now spamming Andromedas...  frakk YEAH, who needs DNs when we can spam Andromedas....   I think I counted something like a dozen Andromedas.  Which makes sense given how many we saw in the last episode.

Gamillas Andromedas, and is that Berger?  Wow, so, they weren't kidding when they said Gamilas got provided with Andromeda class carriers.

A new color scheme on the Andromeda, which shortly gets another sword through the bridge.  Hmm, is it even the same Andromeda?  I think that ship is the Andromeda, note the name on the side of the bridge... could be an indication that this is an Andromeda class ship.

It is kind of a nerd-gasm, this is starting to feel like Michael Bay Transformers, throw in a bunch of stuff that could be anything, and hope people don't notice.   For example, why are there DNs attached to the left side of each Andromedas?  They are gluing ships on now?  If so, why not the right side?  Or may be there is, and we don't see a picture of it.  I like my junk piles to be symmetrical please.  :lol:

Oh, wait, I was wrong, there are two DNs glued to each of the Andromeda, making it a super duper Andromeda.  Now my sense of symmetry is satisfied.  But why DNs, why not glue two Andromedas together, or may be even three of them.  I wonder what it means when there are different color scheme Andromedas.  In fact, I think those red ones are all Gamilas types..  But it's hard to tell.

And seriously, where is Desslar.  Not one image of him in this trailer.  

Edited by kalvasflam

Looking at it more, it IS the Andy herself (and smiling Capt.... bites it finally :/ ) They just repainted it for the reason to make another andy variant for your collection :)

6 hours ago, TehPW said:

Looking at it more, it IS the Andy herself (and smiling Capt.... bites it finally :/ ) They just repainted it for the reason to make another andy variant for your collection :)

I'm sure it is not the original Andy, that ship was shot to hell.  No way it go repaired... so, it's variant 2.0 with all new DN attachments.  I guess they are taking a page out of Macross, Andromeda class, all new with DN FAST packs.  It doubles as a booster and with extra guns.  And the side blisters on the Andys have lots of AA guns?????

The Captain seems he is going to go down with the ship... the sword must have just missed his head, it would be hilarious if it decapitated the two guys in front of him.  Har har.

This reminds me, that planet busting gun, what is that exactly?  Is it a variant powered by the artificial sun?  if so, where did the artificial sun come from?

That planet it's busting looks like one of the planets in the Gatlantis bird cage.

Edited by kalvasflam

10 hours ago, skaianDestiny said:

Look at this shot of Yamanami closely.

Screen_Shot_2018-09-26_at_7.51.49_AM.png

That's what someone on FB mentions this evening. it does makes more sense (initially I though this scene was one of the Marines). Now begs the question? Was he wearing his  exposure suit already? If so, that makes me wonder if something in the region around the Galantis Mega Blooming Onion requires personnel to wear suits? I kinda doubt this since Capt. K isn't wearing a suit when he issues his commands to have Yamato rise at the end of this video... but what do I know? 

1 hour ago, Thom said:

Geez! That one Andie had two Dreadnoughts strapped to its sides! Gawd!

The Andies that was shown attacking Gatlantis all had DNs strapped to its side... MAnKESHIFT FAST PACKS.  I wonder if they can do an Alto and eject them on demand.

As for the suit, I wonder if it's the same kind of suit being worn in the time fault.  Perhaps that is what Gatlantis has too, you'll note that they understand the time fault trick.  If we are to believe for example that their capabilities with the battleships was new at the beginning of the series, then to have as many as they did by episode 10, perhaps it's because all of Gatlantis is a gigantic time fault.  They come up with the next best thing, and off they go with the battleships.  Who knows, perhaps that's why the planets are there, to be used as resource sink for a massive time fault to construct warships.   Big leaping conclusions here.

On 9/26/2018 at 9:19 AM, Major Focker said:

does this mean remote controlled rotating turrents?

gx8604.jpg

Yes...and with voice clips so it’s pretty different from the 2199. It’s neat but I’m still not seeing enough of the white ship markings that’s missing yet again.

But with that 37,800 price tag imma wait for a sale if I ever pick this up.

GX-86 now available for pre-order at HLJ: https://hlj.com/chogokin-damashii-gx-86-space-battleship-yamato-2202-bans55265

Even though I have the 2199 version, I couldn't resist double dipping for the 2202 version. I'm intrigued by those remote controlled turrets :)

Edited by brouken

2 hours ago, Atheonyirh said:

The motorized turrets are presumably a good chunk of it. Niche product they know they have a mostly captive audience for?

The sad part is that it can't be all that hard to add a small motor and external control to an existing model that had manually rotating turrets.   Hmmm.....