Yep I now believe in Christmas again! :)

Noticed that HLJ lists the 1/1000 Earth Federation Andromeda-Class 3rd Ship Apollo Norm with the giant hanger coming off the bridge. Not sure about that design - it looks pretty odd. Wish they would add some other revised/updated designs for the Earth Fed like the "TDF Patrol Ship" or "EDF Cruiser" in their 1/1000 line...

7 hours ago, UN Spacy said:

Okay...just watched episode 9...question.

Hide contents

WHAT was that blue tunnel all about?! I understand Kodai wanting to save Yuki bit WTF was that?

Spoiler

Supposedly, the collapse of Stravase created an unstable dimensional fault (dubbed in the subs as a gravity storm). Instead of making splat on the planet's surface, Kodai and Yuki, as well as the Garmillas ships, were sucked into it as the planet collapsed. The WMG shot caused the fault to re-sync with normal space. The planet was consumed in the process but the Type-100 and Garmillas ships were released.

Or putting it simply, timey-wimey-quantum-stuff.

Edited by westfall

Ok, finally watched the translated version, my original opinion on episode 7 stands:

when you have 2.5 million f***ing ships, why are you wasting time with this stupid cannon of ridiculousness anyway?  If Gatlantis is out to prove how stupid it is, congratulations, they've won first prize as the king of imbeciles. 

And honestly, I really didn't like emo Kodai, he is like a little bitch, get with it, use the WMG, there shouldn't even be a hesitation about it.  The point of being a leader is to make the kind of tough decision that people might hate your guts for even though you knew it was the right decision.  Not whine about it, it took Sanada to kind of talk him into it.  P***y.

And one has to wonder why the hell Kinman wasn't shitting in his pants when he saw 2.5 million battleships when just one of those destroyed a good part of the Gamilas fleet in ep 1.  When the battle of Saturn occurs here, there better be 10 million of those battleships.

As for admiral whatever his face was in charge of the Gatlantis fleet, dude, you had 2.5 million ships, and none of them were watching the goddamn surface of the planet even though you knew a ship was there?  Whose D*** were you sucking to get your job?

Have to say, I'm a little disappointed with the inconsistencies here.

If the intent was to show some kind of philosophical struggle, I'm sure they could've found a better way to do it.

Edited by kalvasflam

On 12/30/2017 at 2:16 AM, kalvasflam said:

Ok, finally watched the translated version, my original opinion on episode 7 stands:

Hide contents

when you have 2.5 million f***ing ships, why are you wasting time with this stupid cannon of ridiculousness anyway?  If Gatlantis is out to prove how stupid it is, congratulations, they've won first prize as the king of imbeciles. 

And honestly, I really didn't like emo Kodai, he is like a little bitch, get with it, use the WMG, there shouldn't even be a hesitation about it.  The point of being a leader is to make the kind of tough decision that people might hate your guts for even though you knew it was the right decision.  Not whine about it, it took Sanada to kind of talk him into it.  P***y.

And one has to wonder why the hell Kinman wasn't shitting in his pants when he saw 2.5 million battleships when just one of those destroyed a good part of the Gamilas fleet in ep 1.  When the battle of Saturn occurs here, there better be 10 million of those battleships.

As for admiral whatever his face was in charge of the Gatlantis fleet, dude, you had 2.5 million ships, and none of them were watching the goddamn surface of the planet even though you knew a ship was there?  Whose D*** were you sucking to get your job?

Have to say, I'm a little disappointed with the inconsistencies here.

If the intent was to show some kind of philosophical struggle, I'm sure they could've found a better way to do it.

Spoiler

Have to agree with most. Especially the number of the enemy ships. Talk about overkill!! Yeah, park them in Earth orbit and we're DUN! Never mind throwing all those ships away. As seen when the others lined up, they ended up being toasted, and I don't see another outcome when playing with a sun, artificial or not... If they can just throw away millions of ships, I have to wonder how many more they have?

Also about Kodai being all squirmy about using the WMG.

Yes, Okita made a promise, but with so many lives on the line you have to choose what gets lost, those lives or a promise made three years earlier that was made without knowing this would happen. Also have reservations about their response to Earth getting a bad ass fleet.

They had joined the military in order to defend Earth. Having saved Earth from the radiation has not ended the universal threats that still exist out there. What they should be angered about is if Earth started going in the direction of Empire, not if it has weapons to keep Earth safe. Unfortunatly, I think the writers were getting too lost in forced drama, such as between Kodai and Yuki.

Hopefully, the next episodes will show a more iron-willed Kodai. You know, the Captain of the Yunagi that had been dancing among the Gatlantis ships and laying waste with every shot?:rolleyes: Put him on the Yamato, and suddenly the only time the ship really kicks ass is when Ichikata (sp?) is on the bridge...

And I'm guessing that Keyman is actually a Dessler clone.

Still, liking it despite what's spoilered above. Can't wait for the next parts!

Edited by Thom

Yeah, the Keyman/Kinman thing is kind of weird, you do have to wonder who he is exactly.   I figure by now most people would've seen the ep, hopefully the Dessler portions coming up in 11 through 14 is more interesting.  I note how many of his ships were Gamilas from the preview, I wonder where those came from.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, speed_dude said:

If someone is interested to fansub them, I have eps 11-14 of 2202. (Yes, I know C-A normally subs them, but I find them too slow).

Send them to Central Anime.

EDIT: The reason they're slow is because we have to wait for them to receive the Bluray/DVD rips to do work.  There's also no one else who's doing Yamato fansubs IIRC, so they're pretty much the only game in town.

Edited by skaianDestiny

23 hours ago, speed_dude said:

If someone is interested to fansub them, I have eps 11-14 of 2202. (Yes, I know C-A normally subs them, but I find them too slow).

I've provided C-A with the movie format so they start translation but they still need the actual episodes to time the subs properly. I usualy send them a copy of the episodes when they come out in retail but if you can help speed up the process, since I assume you've gotten an advanced copy, they can get it done quicker. Last chapter was about 2 months for the subs to come out, which was quicker than the previous releases. Can you provide a link to the episodes through PM? It would be greatly apreciated.

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Mommar said:

Has anybody here checked out the 1/2000 Kikan Taizen releases by Bandai?  They've only released the Yamato and Andromeda and a double pack of Dreadnoughts is due out soon.

I have them. They are similar to the cosmic fleet releases but not the same. There is a size difference . These also light up if you care about that. Here is quick and dirty rough pics.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

4 minutes ago, Sandman said:

I have them. They are similar to the cosmic fleet releases but not the same. There is a size difference . These also light up if you care about that. Here is quick and dirty rough pics.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Are they worth it?  I’m not a Yamato fan but I have always loved the design of the ships.