This is so weird, Gatlantis could have literally overrun the EDF with that fleet, it drouoesn't matter if there are a dozen Andromedas.  They could bum rush the planet by warping in, this is just so strange, Gamilas would be doomed too, this just doesn't make any sense at all.  I am looking forward to the explanation.

Someone posted a short summary on Twitter.  Spoilering.

Source

>The Gatlantis ships form a cannon that will fire the artificial sun at Earth with the power of a supernova. Kodai ends up using the hadou cannon to stop them (shoots the sun and doesn’t harm the Gatlantis ships at all). Also Yuki stowed away on Yamato.
>Yamato unloads the refugees onto some Gamilas ships which also hand Kamiya stuff which he can use to sabotage the Yamato’s reactor. Gamilas rebels show up and attack with planet bombs which cause the planet to collapse. Kodai confronts the Gatlantis emperor who reveals that there are Zambot-esque human bombs among the refugees and wants Kodai to choose one of the three ships which he’ll save, he’ll blow up the others
>Kodai is about to choose the one with Yuki on it but she jumps off the ship saying choosing would break Kodai. He yells that he chooses none so the emperor detonates all the human bombs. But they only blow up the ship reactors (no actual damage but the ships will get caughtin the planet’s collapse). Hijikata stops the collapse with the hadou cannon and everyone lives. 
> Brainwashing space fireflies make the crew fight. Doctor and Analyzer kill them with bug spray. Also Okita’s ghost appears to Kodai. Kodai apologises for using the cannon and Okita says “nah man it’s cool shoot it all you want”
>Dessler shows up in post credits where Gatlantis emperor gives him fleet to attack Yamato. Next chapter preview has his ship.
>Kamiya seems to be a secret VIP - He gets a bunch of moments with Akira
>Suspicious lady is a Gatlantis spy or something (no crap) but she seems to feel guilty when saying goodbye to the little Gamilas girl (Because the refugees were supposed to die), (She also remains on the ship after the other refugees leave, Saitou’s group too. Also Hijikata who turned out to be fine and was rescued)
>Not much in the way of plot compared to previous chapters, last episode this time is practically filler.
>Nothing with the people left on Earth except one unimportant offhand reference to Niimi.

6 hours ago, skaianDestiny said:

Someone posted a short summary on Twitter.  Spoilering.

Reveal hidden contents

Source

>The Gatlantis ships form a cannon that will fire the artificial sun at Earth with the power of a supernova. Kodai ends up using the hadou cannon to stop them (shoots the sun and doesn’t harm the Gatlantis ships at all). Also Yuki stowed away on Yamato.
>Yamato unloads the refugees onto some Gamilas ships which also hand Kamiya stuff which he can use to sabotage the Yamato’s reactor. Gamilas rebels show up and attack with planet bombs which cause the planet to collapse. Kodai confronts the Gatlantis emperor who reveals that there are Zambot-esque human bombs among the refugees and wants Kodai to choose one of the three ships which he’ll save, he’ll blow up the others
>Kodai is about to choose the one with Yuki on it but she jumps off the ship saying choosing would break Kodai. He yells that he chooses none so the emperor detonates all the human bombs. But they only blow up the ship reactors (no actual damage but the ships will get caughtin the planet’s collapse). Hijikata stops the collapse with the hadou cannon and everyone lives. 
> Brainwashing space fireflies make the crew fight. Doctor and Analyzer kill them with bug spray. Also Okita’s ghost appears to Kodai. Kodai apologises for using the cannon and Okita says “nah man it’s cool shoot it all you want”
>Dessler shows up in post credits where Gatlantis emperor gives him fleet to attack Yamato. Next chapter preview has his ship.
>Kamiya seems to be a secret VIP - He gets a bunch of moments with Akira
>Suspicious lady is a Gatlantis spy or something (no crap) but she seems to feel guilty when saying goodbye to the little Gamilas girl (Because the refugees were supposed to die), (She also remains on the ship after the other refugees leave, Saitou’s group too. Also Hijikata who turned out to be fine and was rescued)
>Not much in the way of plot compared to previous chapters, last episode this time is practically filler.
>Nothing with the people left on Earth except one unimportant offhand reference to Niimi.

I read this, and my reaction goes something like this; Gatlantis' plan seem to be utterly insane.  Just use the frigging ships to overwhelm the target already.

And as far as all the reaction from certain people to Starsha, I'm going to assume that at some point someone from Earth is just going to say: "Dear Starsha, please enjoy the Protection from Earth and leave us alone... oh, the protection is dead, well, just imagine he's around and enjoy yourself.  And stop giving us ideas on what to do with wave motion energy."

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Dynaman said:

I've already got the whole series subbed but if the dub cast is good I may buy it again.  I'm hoping this is good news for a 2202 release subbed/dubbed.

I'm really REALLY hoping this means they have 2202.

On 10/19/2017 at 10:57 PM, UN Spacy said:

Looks like a medium chested Rei for that new Megahouse figure. Looks like they’ve covered all their bases with this one. :lol:

So over the Rei Ayanami motif.  It's not 1998 anymore...

If they do follow through with dubbing it, maybe 2199 may eventually get broadcast on Toonami or Adult Swim, or something.  This is great news as it would mean greater exposure to a much broader audience and the prospect of expanding the fan base, not to mention the merchandising benefits, but also bode well for 2202 (it'd make sense to acquire both licenses to streamline all aspects of the dubbing production... more cost effective from translation to VAs and director(s) contracting.

9 minutes ago, skaianDestiny said:

Contact Central Anime.  They've been doing the subs for 2202.

http://www.centralanime.net/caforums2011/viewforum.php?f=8&sid=f11749bf783bc485afab69b5b0b54298

Thank you. I actually contacted the admin several days ago and he never responded. The other issue with this group is that they are quite slow. Thank you for the suggestion, regardless.

Cast list is here!
https://www.funimation.com/blog/2017/09/01/coming-funimationnow-fall-2017/#star

CHARACTER - CAST
Susumu Kodai - Chris Wehkamp
Daisuke Shima - Ricco Fajardo
Okita - Brian Mathis
Mori - Mallorie Rodak

Episode 1
Jiro - Apphia Yu
Dr. Sado - Kenny Green
Harada - Felecia Angelle
Hijikata - Bill Jenkins
Hirata - Jeremy Inman
Kato - Mike McFarland
Mamoru Kodai - Z. Charles Bolton
Nanbu - Stephen Fu
Sanada - Phil Parsons
Serizawa - Doug Jackson
Todo - Bradley Campbell
Tokugawa - R Bruce Elliott
Yabu - Ben Phillips
Yamanami - Kent Williams

4 hours ago, Felix said:

All I can find is about streaming. I wonder if we'll get Funimation Blus for 2199 and 2202..... I would instantly buy both. 

We can only hope.

Finished the dub now and it is much better than I thought and it the translation is almost word for word. Including Okita's message to Earth. The voice acting is better than I thought. The video says Star Blazers 2199 nowhere just Yamato 2199.

Edited by Hikaru Ichijo SL

I wish I could just buy them. Even if it's for streaming. I don't like having to pay $5.99 a month. I would prefer to just have them like the rest of my digital library. Anyone know what the release schedule is for this?

Chris

Just noticed that it looks like this is a windowed release. Only having 2 episodes available to watch at a time.  If anyone was waiting for all the episodes to air before subscribing, like I was, we may not want to do that. :(

Chris

11 hours ago, Sandman said:

Wow they just can't release this conpetantly can they. I'd prefer robbing watch this and not watch it week to week with older episodes going way.

Well they can't dub all the episodes that quickly so they have to release them as they are completed I guess. That being said I thought the dubbing was good though I prefer the original Japanese voice overs. Still, its nice to have a choice as I hope to watch the series again when my children are old enough.

Edited by TangledThorns

I understand it takes time to dub, that’s not the issue. The issue is that it appears that only 2 episodes at a time will EVER be available ie the current one and the previous weeks. Anything older will no longer be available. 

Example would be Ep’s 11 and 12 but 1-10 are not. 

Look at their release schedule and you’ll see  

Chris

18 hours ago, Dobber said:

Just noticed that it looks like this is a windowed release. Only having 2 episodes available to watch at a time.  If anyone was waiting for all the episodes to air before subscribing, like I was, we may not want to do that. :(

Chris

12 hours ago, Sandman said:

Wow they just can't release this conpetantly can they. I'd prefer robbing watch this and not watch it week to week with older episodes going way.

34 minutes ago, Dobber said:

I understand it takes time to dub, that’s not the issue. The issue is that it appears that only 2 episodes at a time will EVER be available ie the current one and the previous weeks. Anything older will no longer be available. 

Example would be Ep’s 11 and 12 but 1-10 are not. 

Look at their release schedule and you’ll see  

Chris

Uh, that's not how that works?  If you look at the other stuff even though it says things like "episodes 3-12", "episode 3", and "episodes 2-3" they still have all episodes starting from episode 1.  There's literally no point in releasing the way you've described as it goes against the point of having these streaming services.

Edited by skaianDestiny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Da-H3fVmaUQ&feature=share

until it's gone. Please, someone explain to me... the Gamalas engine troubles scene (the 1hr mark) and I'm not talking about the engines themselves (just being spoileristfic)