• 2 weeks later...
Spoiler

That is a cool, in-universe explanation for the radical fleet strength. I like the idea and potential.

And did I read correctly, Earth took several colonies from Garmilas as payment for letting them use the TF in order to rebuild?

I haven't seen EP6 yet.

5 hours ago, Sandman said:

Ugh it sucks to resort  to fansubbers for this show. Where is the announcement of an international deal they were working on? 

Agreed. I hadn't heard of an overseas release for this. Is there a deal in the works?

Friggin unforgivable that this is in licensing hell. Every single useless crap moeblob series gets licensed and streamed from day one in most of the world and Macross and Yamato jjust happen to be the 2 that are impossible to watch.

16 hours ago, skaianDestiny said:

Kobayashi gave out the length for the patrol cruiser and the Kisaragi freighter; 188 meters and 220 meters respectively.  Drew up a size comparison using the original series patrol cruiser.

T448gKJ.png

So what is the ship on the bottom and do we have a model for it yet?

On 25/09/2017 at 10:24 PM, Johannes Huber said:

Sorry, I must have missed it (oh dear, I have to force myself to go back and watch ep 2 again;)...). Thanks for the correct:)

To clarify, you're not totally wrong. The ship design was originaly from Yamato Resurrection, where the ship was called "Yuki". It's the cargo/salvage ship Kodai commands at the start of the movie. Makoto Kobayashi - who made the designs for Resurrection - took the design and made some slight modifications, thus creating the Kisaragi, commanded by Ota and seen in episode 2.

On 9/25/2017 at 5:22 PM, Hikaru Ichijo SL said:

The last ship is from Yamato 2202 episode 2 it is a container ship 74885-2200 designation I do not see a name on it. Apparently the name is Kisaragi.

Thank you, that explains the grapple arms underneath. The basic hull looks nice from the side, a minor change and that could be fitted with some nasty broadside guns.

Edited by Focslain

Thank you for posting the pics. I really like some of the lines they added. Will have to get this one to keep the 1/1000 Andromeda cmpany. Now if only they'd make a 1/500 Andromeda to go with the big Yamato kit... Has anyone heard anything about any concept art or even just general art books for Yamato 2202?

23 minutes ago, Johannes Huber said:

Thank you for posting the pics. I really like some of the lines they added. Will have to get this one to keep the 1/1000 Andromeda cmpany. Now if only they'd make a 1/500 Andromeda to go with the big Yamato kit... Has anyone heard anything about any concept art or even just general art books for Yamato 2202?

It's a bit too early for that.  Those kinds of things only pop up after the series finished production.

The 2199 Earth and Gamilas art books are still out there as well as the Hyper Mechanical Detail art books.

First 12 minutes of chapter 3!

So the Gatlantis watched 2199 too?  Would love to see their live reactions. :p

Anyway, them knowing about what the Yamato did explains why they'd be dedicating a lot of effort to take it out.   You don't want the a ship that took down an empire running around when you're nearby.  It looks like the Gatlantis got their idea for using the artificial sun as a weapon from, ironically, Yamato during the Battle of Balun.  It also seems like the Calakmul destroyed themselves firing the big blast at Yamato in episode 6, which would fit the Gatlantis MO.

Metallica's Disposable Heroes comes to mind. We have seen the that scene of spiraling BB's previously but having seen it in motion now, does the effect remind any of you of Fish? I wonder if that's a thing for The Galanteans (Fish, lots of fish, so much fish that you can afford to lose a thousand fish and still have BILLIONs). Yes, selfless Disposability. Only I'm sure the rank & file Galanteans have NO SAY on that. Maybe that's what Praying Naked Chick is seeking: To free the Galatean masses?