7 hours ago, Hikaru Ichijo SL said:

For some reason that headsculpt really annoys me.  Just saw Arizona on Yamato 3 and I showed my Dad he thought it was amusing.  I really hope the ship shows up sometime.

I like it, especially after what the fancomic Bolar Wars Extended did with it.  Would be a long while before it appears, if they ever do 2199's version of season 3.

Edited by skaianDestiny

Excellent comparison shots of the 2199 and 2202 refit Yamato's for the upcoming 1/1000 2202 Yamato kit. Too many pictures to bother posting them all so here is the link. I'd really like to know what that structure is just behind the Aft secondary turret.

http://hobby.dengeki.com/news/435670/

Chris

3 hours ago, Dobber said:

Excellent comparison shots of the 2199 and 2202 refit Yamato's for the upcoming 1/1000 2202 Yamato kit. Too many pictures to bother posting them all so here is the link. I'd really like to know what that structure is just behind the Aft secondary turret.

Chris

It's the fourth bridge.

On 8/25/2017 at 4:15 AM, Dobber said:

Chris

interesting updates.  Are they going to update the 1/500 version as well?  I have two versions of the 1/500 verison, one appears to be slightly bigger than the other, and has significantly more detail.  

54236.JPG

And this one:

ban986230_0.jpg

I was thinking about just slapping the first one together and giving it to my kid, and building the second one for myself, but like many other projects, they're just sitting on my shelf.

Edited by peter

The first one you have is the 2199 Yamato but scaled to the originals size and has the originals fighters too...Bandai didn't know, at the time, that the ship was upscaled, thus the size discrepancy. I'd be surprised if Bandai will make another 1/500 kit of the 2202. While they did seem to sell well, I always got the impression that the Japanese market wasn't into large kits. Personally I would like one :) ..... and also accurate Earth Fleet ships in 1/500, they wouldn't be to big and would look nice with the 1/500 kit.

Chris

43 minutes ago, Dobber said:

The first one you have is the 2199 Yamato but scaled to the originals size and has the originals fighters too...Bandai didn't know, at the time, that the ship was upscaled, thus the size discrepancy. I'd be surprised if Bandai will make another 1/500 kit of the 2202. While they did seem to sell well, I always got the impression that the Japanese market wasn't into large kits. Personally I would like one :) ..... and also accurate Earth Fleet ships in 1/500, they wouldn't be to big and would look nice with the 1/500 kit.

Chris

Yeah, that's pretty interesting actually.  I bought the newer one from Amazon a while ago, but when I was in Japan, I saw the older one at the local hobby shop for $25 so I grabbed it, figured I'm not losing much, either slap it together, give it to the kid, or build both side by side, unofficially name one of them Uchuu Senkan Musashi or something like that.

But knowing they're two different sizes, I really want to build them both and have them side bu side for comparison.  But don't hold your breath here for a review, I still have models from 10 years ago that are still on my workbench "in progress", lol!

On 8/25/2017 at 10:47 AM, Dynaman said:

Fourth Bridge - that one is there JUST to make sure someone is still around to give the abandon ship order after Bridges 3,2, and 1 are destroyed.  Had to start with 3 since it is ALWAYS destroyed first.

I've always said that those unlucky enough to be assigned there should get triple rate combat pay if not more.

16 hours ago, Kyp Durron said:

I've always said that those unlucky enough to be assigned there should get triple rate combat pay if not more.

Might as well - they won't be around to collect it later...

AND DARN IT!  This show better get an English sub soon!

Edited by Dynaman

10 hours ago, skaianDestiny said:

Central Anime says they'll have their fansub finished in about 3 weeks.

I meant official - but I'll take what I can get.  Good to know Central Anime is doing one however, they have good translations unlike the five minutes of near gibberish I saw from another group's translation of the first episode.

On 9/1/2017 at 2:59 PM, Hikaru Ichijo SL said:

That is strange that Hijikata is the Captain of Yamato not Andromeda.  I guess they are following the movie not Yamato 2.

I'm sure they've got bigger plans, a bigger role in the story as well as a larger death, in store for him...

Hmmm, that was fast, the so called dreadnaughts went from a one off special to a fleet of bjillions in the span of a few episodes.  Methinks that these guys need to dial it in with a little more realism.  Hmmm, is Deslar back already, because the bowing and the attack on the Yamato would seem to indicate that.

I really hope they don't over do Gatlantis as a military power, because the Gamlias was considered an equal just three years earlier, but if we do a relative comparison, all of a sudden Gamilas appear to be far weaker, especially with a ten million Kalaklums coming out of nowhere.

I agree they can't end it like the movie, but they can and should kill Hijikata and Saito, Yamamoto might have to die as well, in fact, even in the series, a majority of the fighter pilots kicked the bucket.  

Edited by kalvasflam

18 minutes ago, kalvasflam said:

Hmmm, that was fast, the so called dreadnaughts went from a one off special to a fleet of bjillions in the span of a few episodes.

I had read a spoiler that answers that question, but being A (a spoiler) and B (not sure it was true) I'll not repeat it.

44 minutes ago, Dynaman said:

I had read a spoiler that answers that question, but being A (a spoiler) and B (not sure it was true) I'll not repeat it.

Yeah, i heard spoiler too. While it does explain that question it seems silly given the style of this series.

Edited by Sandman

I haven't been watching, mainly because of the slow release of episodes and sometimes bad engrish. I also usually stay away from anything spoiler, for when most are out and some outfit has finally done a good subtitled version. But, the fleet strength problem started with the first episode and just continued with the dreadnoughts.

This takes place only three or four years after the finale of 2199. At this time, I would assume that most resources on Earth would be geared towards revitalizing the Earth now that radiation problem has been solved. Which wouldn't leave much for ship production, which makes one wonder where that fleet of Kongos came from in 2202 ep 1? At the end of 2199, there was only the Kirishima and the Yamato and maybe a few other ships. (Unless there is some other medium that reveals a fleet being built in secret.)

So, a fleet from nothing is not new for SBY 2202. I would hope that there is a good explanation for the sudden surge in ship strength, but even if not, I'll accept it anyway!:lol:

1 hour ago, Thom said:

Which wouldn't leave much for ship production, which makes one wonder where that fleet of Kongos came from in 2202 ep 1? At the end of 2199, there was only the Kirishima and the Yamato and maybe a few other ships. (Unless there is some other medium that reveals a fleet being built in secret.)

So, a fleet from nothing is not new for SBY 2202. I would hope that there is a good explanation for the sudden surge in ship strength, but even if not, I'll accept it anyway!:lol:

Yes actually.  Putting everything in spoilers for those who want to wait for subs.

Spoiler

The time fault generated by the Cosmo Reverse System allowed Earth to produce tons of ships in a comparatively small amount of time.  The difference in time is 10-1, so while 3 years passed in real time, 30 have passed in the time fault.  Everything is automated in the time fault factory as human can only survive 1 hour inside the time fault even with special protective suits.  This is all explained in episode 3.

As for harder numbers:

• Five years (inside the bubble) was spent understanding how the time fault worked (six months in the outside world)
  • Ten years was required to assemble the shipyard (one year in the outside world).
  • All of the ships we see inside and outside the bubble have taken fifteen years inside the fault, or eighteen months outside it. This includes the Kongo and Murasame-style ships we see at the 8th Floating Continent. That all the ships we see there have a serial number suffixed with "-2201" whereas Andromeda and the other wave-motion ships are all suffixed with "-2202" would be consistent with this timeframe.

The Andromedas (six complete) and Dreadnoughts (at least 24 complete) were all built in 2202, meaning they collectively took up to ten years of elapsed time to build, which when you consider they built Yamato in 1-2 years tops is somewhat underachieving. 

So significantly more explanation than in the original series, where the EDF conjured up fleets of completely new designs in a single year along with rebuilding the Earth with no explanation.

Edited by skaianDestiny

1 hour ago, skaianDestiny said:

Yes actually.  Putting everything in spoilers for those who want to wait for subs.

Hide contents

The time fault generated by the Cosmo Reverse System allowed Earth to produce tons of ships in a comparatively small amount of time.  The difference in time is 10-1, so while 3 years passed in real time, 30 have passed in the time fault.  Everything is automated in the time fault factory as human can only survive 1 hour inside the time fault even with special protective suits.  This is all explained in episode 3.

As for harder numbers:

• Five years (inside the bubble) was spent understanding how the time fault worked (six months in the outside world)
  • Ten years was required to assemble the shipyard (one year in the outside world).
  • All of the ships we see inside and outside the bubble have taken fifteen years inside the fault, or eighteen months outside it. This includes the Kongo and Murasame-style ships we see at the 8th Floating Continent. That all the ships we see there have a serial number suffixed with "-2201" whereas Andromeda and the other wave-motion ships are all suffixed with "-2202" would be consistent with this timeframe.

The Andromedas (six complete) and Dreadnoughts (at least 24 complete) were all built in 2202, meaning they collectively took up to ten years of elapsed time to build, which when you consider they built Yamato in 1-2 years tops is somewhat underachieving. 

So significantly more explanation than in the original series, where the EDF conjured up fleets of completely new designs in a single year along with rebuilding the Earth with no explanation.

Figures; it does make me wonder if

Gatlantis is also using DoT to produce a mass number of dreadnoughts and other classes.  Boy, talk about abusing DoT.   They should've done a lot more ships that just those new ships.  Also, doesn't any of the main characters ever wonder where the ships come from, or are they (specifically Kodai) just utterly clueless?

1 hour ago, skaianDestiny said:

Hide contents

As for harder numbers:

and this... TF... this is probably the Gatlantian's goal for waging war against the Cosmo Navy?

So the Cosmo-Reverser now has other effects as well?  That's brilliant, IMO.  I always questioned the fleet strength and Earth's revitalization back in the day...