Official site has received a massive upgrade. Besides the cover for the Chapter 1 Program Booklet, we get character files for the Kato family - Saburo, Makoto and their son, Tsubasa - and a host of additions in the mechanics section, with the official stats for your beloved ships.

http://yamato2202.net/character_mechanic/

http://yamato2202.net/news/1487317597.html

And if that wasn't enough, Makoto Kobayashi dropped this in his twitter feed :D

C42sPQqUcAABZnr.jpg

Ha!  They misspelled Dreadnought.:lol: -- unless they intend Dreadnaut to be that ship's actual name.

To me, I consider the Yamato, and the Andromeda class ships, to be much better fits for that designation.

The Borodino class Battlecruiser sure looks sweet, though... :wub:

1 hour ago, mechaninac said:

Ha!  They misspelled Dreadnought.:lol: -- unless they intend Dreadnaut to be that ship's actual name.

To me, I consider the Yamato, and the Andromeda class ships, to be much better fits for that designation.

The Borodino class Battlecruiser sure looks sweet, though... :wub:

I agree, I like the  Borodino Class Battlecruiser designation better too. It does seem to fit better.

No kidding. :)

The latest report is also up on CosmoDNA and they reference the 1/1000 Andromeda kit as the "Movie effect" version. I wonder if there will be a cheaper non electronic version later? Maybe to cover the sister ships and variants.

Chris

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 6:30 PM, Thom said:

It was in the Rebirth movie. I sure hope those things aren't fighter launch tubes. That'd be weird.

This is the type of carrier I hope to see!

StarblazersHJ001.jpg

StarblazersHJ002.jpg

StarblazersHJ004.jpg

Why isn't this an offical kit, this is a sweet design.

You're the man Wes!  What's up with the older style ships?   The debut of the Andromeda seems to have shocked everyone.  Are they still trying to keep their promise to whatsherface?  Bring season 2 on!

Yup, Cosmo DNA has a translated interview that describes the older ships now having Wave Motion engines and enhanced Shock Cannons and upgraded Torpedo's. Kind of cool seeing the old Kongo Class kicking a little butt.

Chris

Love that sequence. I'm of two minds about not knowing what they are saying. On one hand, I don't know what they're saying... On the other, not much spoilage!

Definitely be getting some screen caps for my desktop, specially of Kodai's ship. Anyone know what the name of it is?

And I'm thinking that Okita's promise to Starsha didn't survive long after his last breath...

Something I think all the old crew of the Yamato do not approve of...

Edited by Thom

19 hours ago, mechaninac said:

58a805be6a76c_SBCV-05EDFSKIEV.thumb.jpg.05cfd72dade8b12ce055ccafbc0766cc.jpg

Definitely a lineage there...

Interesting, I remember the original carrier in the Yamato 2 series was a rear deck carrier with the front half being a battle ship.  Kind of like the Ise and Hyuga in WWII.  This one is just the Russian Kiev class with a wave motion gun.  The image is very nice though.

That video rocked. 

So, the Gatlantis battle ship is considered the new heavy weight ship.  It seems like the Gamilas has lost a step without Domel, was Kodai trying to fill his shoes?  Cause he wasn't doing a great job, no 7th armored brigade back him up.  But he did kill a few, now imagine if it was actually Berger in charge of a fleet. 

Other wise it was a nice set piece battle, and the Domelus class are being wasted carrying basically a big shield, seems like their only purpose is to die.

Edited by kalvasflam
response to video

3 hours ago, Thom said:

Love that sequence. I'm of two minds about not knowing what they are saying. On one hand, I don't know what they're saying... On the other, not much spoilage!

Definitely be getting some screen caps for my desktop, specially of Kodai's ship. Anyone know what the name of it is?

And I'm thinking that Okita's promise to Starsha didn't survive long after his last breath...

Something I think all the old crew of the Yamato do not approve of...

Hence the strong reaction to the Andromeda's debut...

2 hours ago, myk said:

Hence the strong reaction to the Andromeda's debut...

did you take note that the Andy fired THRU a moon to hit the Galatis fleet? That speaks volumes to the reason the 2nd season chick asks for help from the Yamato: humanity is quite barbaric with Gamalas minders 'guiding' the Cosmo Navy Staff (its clear to me that EDF isn't a term they would use to describe the fleet. Not with their willingness to nuke worlds)

is there real world circumstances that can relate to the perceived storyline of 2202?

Edited by TehPW

I'm glad they are actually showing Andromeda as a deadly weapon too. Not just a big show piece that doesn't do anything but look cool and then Die. As horrific as it's power is demonstrated as, it still showed it is a force to be reckoned with all by itself.

Chris

9 hours ago, Dobber said:

I'm glad they are actually showing Andromeda as a deadly weapon too. Not just a big show piece that doesn't do anything but look cool and then Die. As horrific as it's power is demonstrated as, it still showed it is a force to be reckoned with all by itself.

Chris

They just need to be very careful that the wave motion guns are not in turn made out to be the flavor of the week.  One week, it's a rare and deadly weapon, the next, everyone and their third cousin have them.  There is a reason for having rare capabilities.  That said, the Gatlantis battleship is impressive even if it is very strange, it was as if the little pods were doing all the firing, and not the ship itself.  Another thing, the firing angle seem screwy, it's dead on to the Gamilas ships, yet, the firing pattern seem to indicate the ship was firing from above.

I really liked how the Gatlantis Magna-Flame (*) gun was shown to be stolen from the Gamilons' fighter displacement thingy.  Same is possibly true for the Submarines (not yet seen).  As for the Wave Motion guns, the Gamilons had managed to develop one on their own so I would expect to see more of them popping up.  

(*) - I freely use the Yamato and Star Blazers names interchangeably, whenever I can't remember or can't spell the Japanese term...

3 hours ago, UN Spacy said:

WOW! Look at size of the new Gatlantis ship next to the Andromeda and Kodai's ship. 

IMG_7027.JPG

IMG_7026.JPG

These are image boards, hence concept art. The Kalacmul is 520 meters long, so the Yunaagi illustration is about right. The one with Andromeda is way too big, but this can be due to one of three things, which have been gathered by talking to the man himself:
1 - Being concept art, it doesn't use scale in any strict fashion;
2 - This might not be a regular Gaisengan-class battleship. Although Kobayashi didn't go into any details, he mentioned this will be part of episode 17 (The Andromeda scene). Take this info with a pinch of salt.
3 - They have mentioned they'll use some techniques in 2202 with purposefully distorted models that will favor drama and aesthetics over scale. A special "version-K" of the Cosmo Tiger II was made to make it look like in certain shots of the original which showed the fighter closing to camera, with an exaggerated nose section and slightly drooping wings. So the same can be used in other shots to enhance the visuals, forgoing a strict sense of scale. As such, the Gaisengan-class might look a bit bigger than it actually is in certain shots, just to increase the visual impact.

For now, I'll stick to option 1 and wait to see this on the screen.

In the meantime, here's some more image boards by Kobayashi, showing the gas planet of episode 1, which I'll start calling Balun II (just because of a theory I'm working on) and Telezart itself. And the new "Nostalgia Art" (I'm going with that for new art based in classic art) that will be released with the advanced tickets for Chapter 2.

C5GOZeVVcAAITtK.jpg

C48jWEwUcAAZM4Y.jpg

C5EWMppVcAAOVkJ.jpg

56 minutes ago, Dynaman said:

... (all planets are actually ovals I'm told but...)

Yes (Earth's diameter, for example, is 7,899.83 miles pole to pole vs 7,926.41 miles at the equator... an oblate spheroid, not a sphere), and far more pronounced in gas giants, but a planet would need to spin at a ridiculously fast rate in order to squash itself to the degree shown of "Balun II"... that's just nuts, and visually stunning and unique.