Hi there guys,

I just finished an illustration of Rook. I want to make a series of Mospeada illustrations of these kind, I love Mospeada and there is not much to see, isn't it? These Rook illustration is a part of a bigger illustration. I am working on Scott next and some cyclones. I think I shared some years ago one of my Cyclone drawings, I'll share them again here.

5574393_orig.jpg182153.jpg?4357317082_orig.jpg?435

Rod

Edited by Hikaru84

Hi guys, thanks for your words!

As Seti88 said: "always remembered drooling over the cyclone tech sketches when young..." Well I still do! I love Cyclones.

And yes Jenius, those Cyclone illustrations are classical ones. But they are always small prints or low resolution scans. Even in the art books they are very small pics. So, based on the original drawings, I re drew them big enough to make a high-reso illustration. I even corrected some perspective issues, especially on the wheels and added some extra detail here and there, but not too much, as I wanted to keep the feeling of the original works.

7493996_orig.jpg9652883_orig.jpg

I am right now doing the same for a Cyclone sketch that appeared in the OUT84 magazine. It is the coolest Cyclone sketch I have seen! Showing all the gears and mechanisms inside. I just wanted to have it in color. So I am just starting to ink the drawing, here goes a pic of the sketch I am talking about.

As you can see, the wheels need some perspective correction, but most of the prespective issues of the bike itself are corrected now. I now have to ink it and correct the wheels on Photoshop, it is a lot easier that way.

Bests:

Rod

post-15166-0-44280900-1458499631_thumb.jpg

Edited by Hikaru84

Yeah! I uploaded that one some years ago, on a Mospeada line art thread. Back then I had not finished with the paint job. Now it is finshed. I will upload the final version later OK? That Rand Cyclone and Rook are part of a bigger New Generation illustration I am working on.

Yeah! I uploaded that one some years ago, on a Mospeada line art thread. Back then I had not finished with the paint job. Now it is finshed. I will upload the final version later OK? That Rand Cyclone and Rook are part of a bigger New Generation illustration I am working on.

I can't wait!

Ok, here it is:

6471003_orig.jpg?737

It took me ages to have time to finish these illustrations, the Rook and two of the Cyclone drawings are part of a bigger New Generation illustration I am planning. I hope to finish the rest of the drawings I need to finish it soon. I have another Rook illustration looking really hot on her Mospeda. But it still needs some touches here and there.

I need to draw a Grab Invid now, those mechas are so cool. It is a shame there is no good toy of the Invid designs. The best ones I have seen are some resin kits produced by really talented members of this forum, well, back to work!

Edited by Hikaru84

Thanks a lot for the nice comments guys. And yes, a cool Alpha or Legioss illustration would rock. I have been illustratin aircraft for a while now, but I have only done real aircraft, here is an F-16 from the Chilean Airforce I illustrated back on 2010, before I started pouring all my time into Star Wars studio scale resin models:

8871348_orig.jpg

9752460_orig.jpg?435

It took me whole month to finish ti, I think I spent a week and a half just on the drawing. Special the cockpit. A Varitech Alpha illustration of this caliber would be really nice, but it would take me ages now a days.

Edited by Hikaru84

Thanks guys!

Well, that is my profession, I studied fine arts, although my taste has always being heavily inclined to comic and sci-fi more than fine arts. But here in Chile, back when I was younger there was nothing else you could study if you wanted to learn how to draw professionally. But I learned lots of stuff that helped me find my own artistic way. For the last 6 years I have being more into making resin models now, what has taken all of my time and have never again drawn a serious aircraft illustration again. If you want to see more of my stuff or my models you can visit my web site: http://www.nexus-models.com/

Back to Mospeada, it would be cool to make a serious Legioss illustration, like the F-16 above. But I need to get a Legioss model first. I like to build a model and then take several pics looking for a cool angle. I haven’t got one because all of them are just so ugly, I do not know why they keep making the same transformation error every time they produce a kit or a toy! The mistake is with the huge legs, and it is so easy to repair. I agree that the Mospeada line art shows two possible leg positions, but it is obvious that the transformation position that even the Masterpiece Alphas selected is the wrong one. Here is what I mean:

2715521_orig.jpg3437714_orig.jpg

As you can see, the legs in the second transformation method allow for the robot’s foot not to be protruding away from the end of the aircraft so awfully as most of the Legioss toys do. Also, you can see how the Beta is supposed to be attached to the Alpha while the white sections of the leg are separated from each other. Plus, even though the official line art depicts mostly the wrong leg position, the frames of the animation mostly portray the correct position:

What do you think?

post-15166-0-61907800-1459275242_thumb.jpeg

post-15166-0-26866800-1459275245_thumb.jpg

post-15166-0-02195500-1459275247_thumb.jpg

post-15166-0-73968100-1459275247_thumb.jpg

post-15166-0-97482700-1459275251_thumb.png

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...