/Film: ‘Indiana Jones 5’ Set for Summer 2019; Harrison Ford and Steven Spielberg Returning

Harrison Ford will crack that whip again. Disney officially announced today that Indiana Jones 5 is coming in summer 2019, with Ford back as the world’s coolest archaeologist and Steven Spielberg, who helmed all four previous installments of the franchise, returning to direct.

SPIELBERG AND FORD REUNITE AS INDIANA JONES RETURNS TO THEATERS JULY 19, 2019

Indiana Jones will return to the big screen on July 19, 2019, for a fifth epic adventure in the blockbuster series. Steven Spielberg, who directed all four previous films, will helm the as-yet-untitled project with star Harrison Ford reprising his iconic role. Franchise veterans Kathleen Kennedy and Frank Marshall will produce.

“Indiana Jones is one of the greatest heroes in cinematic history, and we can’t wait to bring him back to the screen in 2019,” said Alan Horn, Chairman, The Walt Disney Studios. “It’s rare to have such a perfect combination of director, producers, actor and role, and we couldn’t be more excited to embark on this adventure with Harrison and Steven.”

Famed archaeologist and explorer Indiana Jones was introduced in 1981’s Raiders of the Lost Ark – one of AFI’s 100 Greatest American Films of All Time – and later thrilled audiences in 1984’s Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, 1989’s Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, and 2008’s Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. The four films have brought in nearly $2 billion at the global box office.

I personally didn't hate his son from crystal skull, I just think that some of the scenes in that movie were just way over the top. I also don't hate that movie, it may not be one I choose to rewatch like the first 3 films, but I don't think it's as bad as most people say.

I guess to me parts of the movie are bad, and some parts are great, so it makes for just an ok movie to watch, but the old ones were almost perfect and make for a terrible comparison.

sI honest wouldn't mind bringing back Shia Lebouf, except for one condition. Make him the sidekick to his older more mature half brother that Indy concieved with Willie Scott the singer from Temple of Doom.

Imagine Mutt on the verge of recovering an old relic when the other guy snatches it from him and a chase squence occurs that ends up being stopped by the main antagonist who addresses them...

Bad Guy: "Indiana..."

Both: "Yeah?" (before looking at each other awkwardly)

Bad Guy: "...Scott we meet at last."

cue Indiana Jones theme.

This would open up some great call backs to the original trilogy like Last Crusade's two Jones. I'd also try to set it in China and bring back Short Round while picking up from temple's Lao Che gangsters and the gem Indy failed to recove in the opening.

I found "Crystal Skull" disappointing, but I'm one of the few people that could live with the fridge scene (more than those bloody ants!). Its Indy, he once sneaked aboard a German submarine with no-one noticing that he didn't look anything like Karl the ballast maintainer...!

Edited by F-ZeroOne

That's your opinion

Chris

Well, yes....why would I post yours or anyone else's??? :wacko:

isn't he 73?

You're right....fixed...

Harrison Ford will crack that whip again. Disney officially announced today that Indiana Jones 5 is coming in summer 2019, with Ford back as the world’s coolest oldest archaeologist and Steven Spielberg, who helmed all four previous installments of the franchise, returning to direct.

Well, yes....why would I post yours or anyone else's??? :wacko:

Because you stated it as a fact, not in your opinion.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Will this movie take place in the 1960's?

Maybe the movie has him battling old Nazi scientists hiding in the South America trying to bring Zombie Hitler back to life and preventing Zombie Hitler from being the first man to step on the Moon.

Will this movie take place in the 1960's?

Maybe the movie has him battling old Nazi scientists hiding in the South America trying to bring Zombie Hitler back to life and preventing Zombie Hitler from being the first man to step on the Moon.

Iron Sky 2 is in post production I think, they still have time to shoehorn Ford into that with a bit of "movie magic" and call it Indy 5 instead. I guarantee it'll be a much better film than whatever Spielberg and Lucas have planned.

Iron Sky 2 is in post production I think, they still have time to shoehorn Ford into that with a bit of "movie magic" and call it Indy 5 instead. I guarantee it'll be a much better film than whatever Spielberg and Lucas have planned.

Except Lucas isn't involved. You haven't read anything in this thread, have you?

If they make more Indiana Jones movies they should cap the budget at like $100MIL (I was going to say $50 but Last Crusade had a $50MIL budget). Crystal Skull feels bloated. It has stupid stuff, like swinging with the monkeys and nuking the fridge, but it also felt off and I blame too much money for that.

I wouldn't mind this being a story of competing Indiana Jones offspring or them taking a cue from the young Indiana Jones. Heck, they could even make it a "The Force Awakens" story where it's about his son(s) trying to find him after he goes missing after being lured out on one last trip. We could get a bunch of trailers where Harrison Ford isn't even in them and then he can be in the last couple minutes of the movie.

No Shia, that's already an improvement over Crystal Skull in my opinion.

I'm curious to see where they take the story, is it going to be another transition where they try to keep the franchise rolling by using Ford to boost a new star? Or is it a whole new story, cause, you know, at this point, Indy is pushing 70.

If they make more Indiana Jones movies they should cap the budget at like $100MIL (I was going to say $50 but Last Crusade had a $50MIL budget). Crystal Skull feels bloated. It has stupid stuff, like swinging with the monkeys and nuking the fridge, but it also felt off and I blame too much money for that.

I wouldn't mind this being a story of competing Indiana Jones offspring or them taking a cue from the young Indiana Jones. Heck, they could even make it a "The Force Awakens" story where it's about his son(s) trying to find him after he goes missing after being lured out on one last trip. We could get a bunch of trailers where Harrison Ford isn't even in them and then he can be in the last couple minutes of the movie.

Bring on The last Crusade II. :D

I liked the fridge scene in Crystal Skull. ^_°

I don't think I would mind Shia as long as they don't use him in the cheesy scenes like crystal skull. The motorcycle chase through the school was fun even though a bit over the top, but not bad like swinging with the monkeys. His character if it had been used right would have made a great successor to the old Indy.

Indy was good with a whip and his son was good with blades.

Bring on The last Crusade II. :D

I liked the fridge scene in Crystal Skull. ^_°

OMG you're right... and I'm right! They've already done it so it'll be like a reboot and a sequel at the same time. How could Hollywood not love that plan?

Maybe Ford will take the chance to kill off this character, too...

Lol! You know I actually was thinking that too.

My idea/theory would be similar to what they did in the Young Indie Chronicles show. Have Ford be reminiscing or researching something in his present that is tied to something that happened when he was younger....perhaps to what he was doing during WWII. This would give the opportunity for someone to step in as the "New" Indie that was rumored, while still giving Ford a chance to play him one more time and sort of pass the torch.

Chris

Edited by Dobber