b6968d05b5f2c48912e9d1387ccb0159.jpg

cd3aaa685f1c08ad4a8d51a7e2f7a552.jpg

5c45ea95c80858d11943b7d7348f7c5d.jpg

acf8fc516c1b8affa023d8b742bd868c.jpg

024d85986573cda84d12376d47997cef.jpg

Interesting idea!

Edited by NZEOD

yep... thats what I'm thinking...

Impacts on a wall... a collapsing wall caught the moment of detonation... a burning building interior... A beam cannon scar along a roadway up to the feet of a destroid with still glowing edges?.... so many ideas forming.

That White Phos one is pretty dynamic too!

Edited by NZEOD

Gives you something to think about doesnt it... all well and good doing a static model display but what if you could do it in such away the viewer is mentally filling in the next few moments of whats happening...

Displays should tell a story or a moment in time. An interesting one that makes you start thinking and going off on tangents.

That desert Recon scene has me reliving my days on a deployment and having to design a crash course in off road riding to the Recon elements of 1RNZIR when we were issued KLR350s and Quads to use. A couple of Irish Rangers came along with us and they had DR400s which is that bike in the image. My only qualification for do this being I was an A grade Motocross Racer... probably the worst person to be teaching anyone SAFE riding techniques. Definitely alot of airtime on the course and thats a bad thing with all the extra gear we carry on them!

Those are terrific! It gives me some great ideas! The first tank is a little overboard with a CF bulb. LEDs would be better and last longer. Plus the CF creates UV that will bleach the "blast" from the inside out. Thank for sharing, those are cool! - MT

haha my thread has achieved its goal...

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Instead of wire use a clear acrylic rod hidden within the "dust" to hold the model but spray it matt so it doesnt reflect light to help it disappear within the cotton.

Gerwalk jetting over the desert? Or over the water?

Actually.... an awesome display would be a VF-0 Gerwalk racing low over the water with two F/A18s or F14s in chase formation evaluating the Phoenix. All 3 kicking up spray tails.

Another would be an SV-51 emerging from the sea abit like the image below...

1f2c3a5f33f870de3bdec1ee7ac2b629.jpgf1a63477b99ed8674793d6a90bc84014.jpggreat-scale-model-of-russian-submarine-ygreat-scale-model-of-russian-submarine-y

Edited by NZEOD

remember, NONE of these are mine, these are ideas I've found on pinterest that got me thinking about my own dioramas I'm doing.

I have to say that's Bloody Brilliant,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :D that got me thinking of something I was thinking about but using Christmas led light strain ,

ill have to research some thing's.

thankx for the advice .

That was the plan... Everyone here makes brilliant models... now to see what you all can do with a total display, something you dont see often with Macross stuff.

If anyone's interested, my dad translated the Russian labels in the attached image (he studied Russian in school). The meanings were probably obvious, but it's still kind of interesting. The one question it raises for me is how the plastic sheath around the bulb is made. Probably a few ways to do it - I'm just curious how this particular modeler did it.

post-30905-0-45328200-1457669763_thumb.jpeg

You just need the Google Translate app in a smart phone and it reads it as the camara looks at it. Point your phones camera at the image on the PC screen and tell it to look for Russian. Then just highlight each line of text the app picks up for an instant and surprisingly accurate translation!

The results will be identical to whats been posted above. Useful for our model instructions too. Wish they had this built into an EoTech unit, would have been useful in Afghanistan!

To wire one up there are two wires going from small poles/posts to each end of the "flashtube" or bulb (actually a gas chamber). These are the ignitor wires. Extend these wires from the circuit board to the tube and you're good to go. Just remember its 240v/110v you're messing with.

Also there is no plastic sheath that hes built. He means the actual bulb, guessing in Russia the bulbs are plastic, in NZ they are glass.

Smallest Bulb size I've found so far...

http://lapintop.en.ec21.com/G9_Micro_Full_Spiral_Micro--3774744_3916384.html

Edited by NZEOD

OK ,,,,, IM Going to Say it FOR ALL of US,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, WERE Drull,,,,,,,,,,,i,,,,,,,,n,,,,,,,,,g. :p:hail:

so who will do a large Macross battle like this or a SDF-1 in combat with Zentrodie ?????????????????????

I know my Jaw is Dropped to the floor ,,, when I saw the Aircraft on the Flight Deck.......

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to combat. As someone whos endured it, all deaths are pointless, unforeseen, and unbiased of skills, rank and status. Some days its just your time.