Riding Bean Kickstarter BD now live!

I need to go over it a bit more, but the campaign is already better than the Bubblegum Crisis one. From what I saw there is an artbook and new Kenichi Sonoda art for the case. And this is at a cheaper price too, I think the $50 price point. Too bad they couldn't do this for Bubblegum Crisis which to me is far superior. I watched Riding Bean fairly recently for the first time, like in the last year and wasn't crazy about it. I always remembered that one trailer on so many anime VHS tapes that I own. It has the car with the trick wheels and grenades getting dropped on it from a semi truck. A very exciting trailer but kind of a let down anime.

Riding Bean and Otaku No Video are both new to me. I pledged to both because I really liked how well Robert Woodhead executed his Bubblegum Crisis Kickstarter project. Yeah, it had growing pains because he was learning how to efficiently use the system, but the final product was solid. Personally, I'm not into the big bonus pledges. And I wasn't too bothered by not having figures or missing the unlocked items that came as things were figured out in the beginning (most of this is standard now). I'm the type who is content to stick to the Blu-ray tiers (sometimes springing for the happy art book).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Well, it's getting closer to being released and Mr. Woodhead has issued certificates to those of us who contributed enough. Not going to show the front, but the back of the certificate is cool. And here is a pic of the screen which loads with my name. Look for the red box, that's me!

4E9C0716BE6080D7C47389FACED2B208.jpg

Untitled.png

Edited by Noriko Takaya

• 1 month later...

I came across the kickstarter pages and was blown away that this project was funded $135, 589 out of $30,000. That's frickin crazy. I had no idea this show was that popular. I really surprised it's that popular. I watched this when it first got released in the early 90s. I thought it was ok but i never had any interest in watching it again.