TomyTec GIMIX Macross Delta 1/144

seti88

Anybody got a payment request yet? I thought the VF-31J and VF-31A are supposed to be out the end of Aug.

Also, anybody know if they come with that clear stand shown in the photos above? I hope so

My VF-1A kit came with a clear colored stand so chances are the VF-31s will as well.

Anybody got a payment request yet? I thought the VF-31J and VF-31A are supposed to be out the end of Aug.

Also, anybody know if they come with that clear stand shown in the photos above? I hope so

The 31A is the only item that isn't in stock at AmiAmi for my August order.

Yes the stand is included. As per their product page, its mentioned in the description when you click on the fighter mode pics.

http://www.tomytec.co.jp/gimix/lineup/macross_delta/index.html#mcr10

I don't thk it should be any different from the VF-1's so you should be able to display em banked...

edit: Yes its also mentioned in the product page they come with the ball joint for banking...

Edited by seti88

Just got my figinstock alert. They are now available at HLJ. I have not yet gotten a payment request for my orders though.
Maybe the system automatically moved the expected month out based on the fact it was nearing end of month. Nevertheless good news.

Sweet! Going to hold off shipping them until the Sv-262 and Hi Metal VF-1A brownie are ready to go though, they'll be dropping some time in September.

Between these and the 1/72 Draken III, gonna be one massive HLJ box of Macrossy goodness next month. :)

Edited by Chronocidal

It's gonna be interesting to see how good these things are and whether they can replace my need for the transforming DX Delta toys.

Looking at my invoice from HLJ, it's made me realise that I"m getting the VF-31A/J/C fighters, VF-31J battroid and VF-31J gerwalk all for about the same price as one DX toy, so that's 5 non-transforming, pre-painted and mostly pre-marked models for the price of 1 DX.

And given that at this time the VF-31J DX is pretty unobtainable and is causing me stress because I can't obtain it, the TomyTec kits are looking more attractive as alternatives to the DX.

These days I rarely transform my transformable toys anyway, maybe 2-3 times when I first get them and then they mostly remain in one mode.

The key with the TomyTec's will be how durable they are. I know they are model kits, so will be more fragile, but hopefully they can survive being swooshed around and handled a bit.

It's gonna be interesting to see how good these things are and whether they can replace my need for the transforming DX Delta toys.

Looking at my invoice from HLJ, it's made me realise that I"m getting the VF-31A/J/C fighters, VF-31J battroid and VF-31J gerwalk all for about the same price as one DX toy, so that's 5 non-transforming, pre-painted and mostly pre-marked models for the price of 1 DX.

And given that at this time the VF-31J DX is pretty unobtainable and is causing me stress because I can't obtain it, the TomyTec kits are looking more attractive as alternatives to the DX.

These days I rarely transform my transformable toys anyway, maybe 2-3 times when I first get them and then they mostly remain in one mode.

The key with the TomyTec's will be how durable they are. I know they are model kits, so will be more fragile, but hopefully they can survive being swooshed around and handled a bit.

Yea thats what i had in mind too. You will also have few modes on display at the same time vs a DX which displays only 1 mode at a time.

But the elephant in the room is of course the scale. That being said, for folks who are running out of space, that might even be a desirability.

I can live with the smaller scale.

I'm actually completely out of display space for the TomyTecs or Delta DXs anyway. I'm probably gonna have to retire my old and extremely floppy Yamato VF-0 and SV-51 1/60 Mac Zero toys to storage to make space for a Delta display.

I'm confused... what do you mean by non-transforming? I thought these were partsformers.

As I understand it, they are pre-painted model kits with some limited pose-ability, with most of the markings pre-applied, but they still need to be cut off the spru and assembled and I would think that some or most of the parts need to be glued (but we won't know until we get it in hand).

If you buy the fighter mode kit, it contains parts for building fighter mode only.

If you buy the battroid mode kit it contains parts for building battroid mode only.

If you buy the Gerwalk kit, from what I understand it includes parts for both fighter and battroid and you use parts from both to build a gerwalk mode.

Now after building the kits, whether you can unassemble them and parts-form them into alternate modes is unknown. But judging from the pics I've seen of the TomyTec VF-1 kits on their sprus, I don't think they'd survive much parts-forming. They are still small scale model kits so are gonna be fairly fragile.

I would think once you have built them, they need to stay in the mode they have been built in.

The gerwalk pack is just 2 kits one battroid and one fighter with extra decals on the vf1 models. If these are packaged the same as those then you just need a fighter and battroid. The gerwalk pack just saves time by putting both kits together and include extra decals.