TomyTec GIMIX Macross Delta 1/144

seti88

Platz are pretty good. check out their Yukikaze pre-finished models.

maybe not fair to compare to Gimix though. they're on a completely different level.

Thanks for the heads-up...

searched for em and they do look nice. I also took some look at their regular 1/144 fighter kits and had some good reviews too. esp abt having pilots and nice undercarriages..

Definately putting the 1/144 draken on a to buy list....Only whether to wait for reviews or pull the trig on the preorder...

The battroid looks thinner in the individual pic compared to the promo poster :huh:

I can see all the valks parked on the launch platform diaorama... B)) yums!

Added with deck crew prepping and talking to pilots! B))

Edited by seti88

Hype train now boarding......

http://www.tomytec.co.jp/gimix/lineup/macross_delta/index.html

post-15116-0-35005000-1460693177_thumb.jpg

Sold!

Cmon amiami where r u...

its up too..http://slist.amiami.com/top/search/list?s_keywords=macross+delta&submit=Search&pagemax=40

meh not cheaper then HS...Prob use HLJ and combo the tomytecs with the 1/72 1D when released, to save shipping...

Edited by seti88

Ok so I understand these are model kits of individual modes, but I'm not understanding why the Gerwalk kits are so expensive. Is it because it has both the Fighter and Battroid kits that are then parts-formed to make Gerwalk? Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Chris

yup, you basically buy both F and B but packaged in one box. i guess that saves a little on shipping

Ok thanks ;)

The production images on HLJ only show Gerwalk and not the other 2 so I was a little confused.

Chris

So I just got a Tomy Tech Su-37 from HLJ. I will say that these are gorgeous little kits.....BUT.......I was wrong in my assumptions as to what these are. What they are, are straight up model kits. I was thinking you would be able to swap gear from extended and retracted, or swap out engine nozzles ect....but you can't. These are not Plamo's, my Su-37 requires glue to assemble, so you need to pick how you want to build your model. Unless their Macross kits are different, then the Gerwalk kit is a rip-off because they are making you buy 2 kits to make one, but you won't be able to disassemble the kit after it is made....so it's a waste. All done so THEY don't have to package a 3rd box with just Gerwalk parts.

Also, the Su-37 is not a small fighter by any means, and it is pretty small in 1/144, so I can only imagine how tiny the little VF-1 will be. That is a little scary as these kits are not THAT simplified and I had a little trouble with the kit and I am an experienced modeler. I now understand why HLJ show's these as skill level 3 kits.

Chris

So I just got a Tomy Tech Su-37 from HLJ. I will say that these are gorgeous little kits.....BUT.......I was wrong in my assumptions as to what these are. What they are, are straight up model kits. I was thinking you would be able to swap gear from extended and retracted, or swap out engine nozzles ect....but you can't. These are not Plamo's, my Su-37 requires glue to assemble, so you need to pick how you want to build your model. Unless their Macross kits are different, then the Gerwalk kit is a rip-off because they are making you buy 2 kits to make one, but you won't be able to disassemble the kit after it is made....so it's a waste. All done so THEY don't have to package a 3rd box with just Gerwalk parts.

Chris

This was pretty much expected. Gerwalk is the least popular mode so they followed what Wave did with their 1/100 scale kits.

Personally I don't find it to be that big a deal. While i can understand the annoyance of having to buy two kits just to get gerwalk mode, the need to be able to swap modes in his scale is not something necessary or wanted IMHO.

I haven't built the Su-37 yet but I have built the F-15, F-4, Mitsubishi F-2, and Messerschmitt Me109 from the Tomytec line. The Mitsu F-2 is a small fighter in the VF-1 class so yeah, it's pretty small. Though not a small as the Me109!

Just to warn folks, don't think of these Tomytec kits building up like Gunpla. Things are not always going to snap together like Gunpla. The kits do require a bit of glue and hobby knife work. Personally, I recommend using CA glue instead of regular model kit glue for these kits.

Edited by Vifam7

There is a picture of the gerwalk parts in the 1A picture section;

http://www.tomytec.co.jp/gimix/lineup/macross/index.html

post-15116-0-02991900-1461209777_thumb.jpg

Translation of sentence below parts picture;

Gawoku and rearrange the hands and feet of the fighter fuselage section and the Battroid also be reproduced!

I see 4 distinct modules in the pic ie fighter fuselage; arms; legs and folded backpack.

Looks like there isnt a armless gerwalk mode.

You can see tab's on the gerwalk bits which look T-shaped. This might imply a fit and slide mechanism.

It looks like a module system where you glue to create modules.

So, the key presumption is F/B mode's; you can to detach the arm/leg and back bits out.

That presumption isnt mentioned anywhere in the F/B info sections.

However based on the gerwalk parts picture and translation, it looks as if there will be existing tab points in F/B mode to do this.