TomyTec GIMIX Macross Delta 1/144

seti88

Anyone anticipating the 1/144 delta line? What are your expectations from tomytec, or delta valks in this scale or how far would you invest in this scale.....

post-15116-0-47373500-1456384300_thumb.jpgpost-15116-0-42207700-1456384303_thumb.jpgpost-15116-0-06705300-1456384305_thumb.jpgpost-15116-0-51228500-1456384310_thumb.jpgpost-15116-0-82127400-1456384313_thumb.jpg

1. It didnt occur to me before but looking at the mock-ups of the VF31, the turrent seems to be molded seperately in fighter mode.

Whether that means the back turret can detach or not is debatable i guess..(I thk not cos they dont do those things in this scale..or do they?)

2. Looking at battroid lineart, the overhead turrets looks quite detailed. Whether or not they can reproduce it remains to be seen...

3. A SV draken at this scale?

Anyone anticipating the 1/144 delta line? What are your expectations from tomytec, or delta valks in this scale or how far would you invest in this scale.....

1. It didnt occur to me before but looking at the mock-ups of the VF31, the turrent seems to be molded seperately in fighter mode.

Whether that means the back turret can detach or not is debatable i guess..(I thk not cos they dont do those things in this scale..or do they?)

2. Looking at battroid lineart, the overhead turrets looks quite detailed. Whether or not they can reproduce it remains to be seen...

3. A SV draken at this scale?

I've purchased a ton of Phantoms, Eagles, Raptors, Ospreys, and various accessories from the Gimix line. They are so freaking awesome, I can't wait for the Macross ware. I'm prepared to buy doubles of everything.

As for detachable turrets, that's the kind of simple gimmick that i wouldn't be surprised to see in this line (hence the name 技MIX - 'Gi'MIX).

I prefer 1/72 scale. Hopefully Bandai or Hasegawa will produce kits in that scale for Delta.

Agreed

Looking through their catalog they have some good bases for some 1/144 scale dioramas with there line of 1/150 N scale city scenes!

I've purchased a ton of Phantoms, Eagles, Raptors, Ospreys, and various accessories from the Gimix line. They are so freaking awesome, I can't wait for the Macross ware. I'm prepared to buy doubles of everything.

As for detachable turrets, that's the kind of simple gimmick that i wouldn't be surprised to see in this line (hence the name 技MIX - 'Gi'MIX).

If they did detachable and moving turrets that would definately be icing on the cake. Looking at the past Gimix lines yes they look real good.

I prefer 1/72 scale. Hopefully Bandai or Hasegawa will produce kits in that scale for Delta.

Definately count on Bandai and hasegawa to get involved in the delta line. They would have to maintain market presence!

I'm past my buying multiples of anything phase, but I'll definitely be buying one each of the Fighter and Battroid modes of the VF-31S/F/E/A.

Graham

thats what i said abt HMR regults....and now after watching the reviews on it....troop building is a badword for my wallet!

Bandai did tease the 31 too...that got my curiosity a bit cos the colors look quite nice and detailed......

post-15116-0-04142800-1456569163.jpg

although looking at the cockpit its not clear glass...

Definately count on Bandai and hasegawa to get involved in the delta line. They would have to maintain market presence!

1/72 transformable Bandai kits are already confirmed:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=43414

Build them as Battroids and wait for the Hase fighters.

Bandai did tease the 31 too...that got my curiosity a bit cos the colors look quite nice and detailed......

attachicon.gifpost-12411-0-55896500-1456487231_thumb.jpg

although looking at the cockpit its not clear glass...

But that's from Bandai's Mecha Collection, a cheap line (Â¥500 each one) coming this april, that's why the cockpit is not clear (and I even doubt it's going to look like that without some painting), I'm sure TomyTec's version will look much better in the end.

1/72 transformable Bandai kits are already confirmed:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=43414

Build them as Battroids and wait for the Hase fighters.

Ah yes, the bandai annuncement. Who knows bandai may just pull a good fighter mode too out of its delta bag this time! :p

But yes, Hase rules fighter mode.

But that's from Bandai's Mecha Collection, a cheap line (Â¥500 each one) coming this april, that's why the cockpit is not clear (and I even doubt it's going to look like that without some painting), I'm sure TomyTec's version will look much better in the end.

Yup its already on preorder cheap and I was expecting gashapon like quality.

Realise Its just a sample and its not a closeup shot, but from the pic it looked quite nicely painted!

I have no doubt tho the tomy version would be better, esp with decals and the panel line details. Now its down to waiting for more news/pics on the tomy 31's!

• 2 weeks later...

"C'mon suckas, spend your cash!" OK, I could be wrong, but that's what it should say! These look better with each post. Looking at HLJ's photos, I guess the two in the set are parts swapable for three versions. Kinda the easy way some of us have been doing it the hard way with model kits. - MT

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Mods, I thk there was another thread started by IXTL on the small scale bandai models, started a day earlier than this...

Guess this thread can be closed or merged?

edit: URGH what am I saying,.....this is the TomyTec thread...thats the bandai one.....Sorry Mods, pls keep this open.... :p

Edited by seti88

• 3 weeks later...

They all look badass especially fighter mode!

I suspect due to the heaviness of the pods in B/G modes, it might be a lil strain on the legs, hence the funny stances. Kinda expected cos this scale doesn't have much options such as heavy metal pieces to reinforce the legs.

Am getting at least fighter mode tho! B))

Moar pics please is there one of the 31A?

A lil off topic from valks but still releated..how's about a...

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=TOY-SCL2-58192

How is platz quality holding up in this scale?

Platz are pretty good. check out their Yukikaze pre-finished models.

maybe not fair to compare to Gimix though. they're on a completely different level.