Max Factory 1/20(!) VF-1S/A Hikaru

Renato

Muahaha gerwalk and with strike packs!!

now where is one to put this? That stand looks like it got diy'ed..or it looks like a tripod lolz...

Oooo boy all that's missing is the battroid reveal now ...

Edited by seti88

5 minutes ago, UN Spacy said:

Wait...are they a Battroid too? 

I thought this wasn't variable.

Think Hasegawa with separate kits per mode, a 1/20 Battroid would be wicked if it happens! 

However until I see a price tag for these kits, my excitement level is medium. 

5 hours ago, UN Spacy said:

Wait...are they a Battroid too? 

I thought this wasn't variable.

Jury is still out on that, but since there are sprues, i thk its not variable. They already have fighter and gerwalk prototypes, no reason to think there wont be battroid.

Hmm how to explain displaying these 'art pieces' to my partner...hahaha...

2 hours ago, spanner said:

so why have they made the leg splay for gerwalk on the upper leg joint instead of where its meant to be at the knee joint?

that looks crap.

I don't know if it's "meant" to be any way in particular. The rotating section changes all the time from company to company. The Hasegawa kit mimics this one, whereas the Bandai one puts the rotation around the knee area. Personally, I've always preferred it rotating closer to the "hips" a la the Hasegawa/this. It seems more realistic, and imitates life more closely.

If there's any disappointment it's that there doesn't seem to be any "cover" for that area (like rubber mesh or so), and the "rotating joint" is just a block with one corner protruding past the leg armor.

3 hours ago, spanner said:

so why have they made the leg splay for gerwalk on the upper leg joint instead of where its meant to be at the knee joint?

that looks crap.

Would the leg splay be less floppy than a knee joint perhaps? But I gather a leg hinge can't do the a stance as well I suppose.

ankles notwithstanding ...

Edited by seti88

Nice view of the buttrod support point

I have a feeling that we will not see a Battroid version for a while. I'm assuming there's a great expectation of mobility from the Battroid, while the Gerwalk so far appears to be fixed pose. The leg definitely are. The tweet here shows that maybe the elbow is movable, there's a round joint in there. The shoulder armor and the upper arm however appear to be single piece just like the legs. You're gonna need some very heavy duty joints for all this tons of plastic.

EDIT: More pics

Edited by TMBounty_Hunter

WOW! That is one heck of a sprue. Just guessing, but I'd say we're looking at at least $300 US! Maybe even going ABS for strength and to reduce cost. -MT

I'd be totally fine with a fixed-pose Battroid. It's simple enough to add joints if you really want to. A poseable Battroid would definitely shoot up the cost significantly.

That said, I'm slightly disappointed (but relieved?) that no third tripod emerged.

14 hours ago, seti88 said:

gerwalk had better be able to stand on its own tho, dont want to waste a perfectly nice tripod...

plus the fact you will probably need to weigh it down to prevent accidental toppling...

I don't think it will stand properly in Gerwalk mode just basing it the way the legs and feet are layout. It's fixed-pose so you will end up tipping the nosecone too just to make it stand ala-tripod.

C_rp6n2UAAAhveE.jpg

• 2 months later...
Just now, Dobber said:

Also is Max Factory available from regular sources like HLJ?

Yes, it generally is.