Renato

Max Factory 1/20(!) VF-1S/A Hikaru

was the kit even painted in the video above?  it looks like it was just snapped together without paint application.  

1 hour ago, macsam said:

was the kit even painted in the video above?

You obviously didn't watch the video.  Lucky you.  <_<

• 19:01 "I didn't want to use any paints at all for when I was building this kit." 
  • 19:56 "I didn't want to bust out any paints.  Didn't want to use any paints at all."
  • 22:54 "Nothing on this kit is painted."

That alone should indicate how lazy and amateurish this "review" is, and I suspect he spent as little time making the kit as he did preparing his video.  It doesn't even begin to explain how someone who claims to live in Japan could have such a poor grasp of Japanese pronunciation, however.  Those of us who have suffered through the ADV dubs will recognize the grating sound of "Muh-CROSS," but I'd never heard anyone say "Tuh-MEE-ya" before...  :unsure:

On 1/11/2020 at 11:26 PM, tekering said:

You obviously didn't watch the video.  Lucky you.  <_<

• 19:01 "I didn't want to use any paints at all for when I was building this kit." 
  • 19:56 "I didn't want to bust out any paints.  Didn't want to use any paints at all."
  • 22:54 "Nothing on this kit is painted."

That alone should indicate how lazy and amateurish this "review" is, and I suspect he spent as little time making the kit as he did preparing his video.  It doesn't even begin to explain how someone who claims to live in Japan could have such a poor grasp of Japanese pronunciation, however.  Those of us who have suffered through the ADV dubs will recognize the grating sound of "Muh-CROSS," but I'd never heard anyone say "Tuh-MEE-ya" before...  :unsure:

I don't know what was worse...the dude saying "Muh-CROSS" or "Gun-DAMN."  

Y'all acting real stupid, making such a big thing about dude's pronunciation of all things.

Dear sweet mother of all mecha...This is just wrong...I can't stand it. Model for 340$! Unpainted! No...please no...

1 hour ago, Artoor said:

Dear sweet mother of all mecha...This is just wrong...I can't stand it. Model for 340$! Unpainted! No...please no...

What I was thinking too.  Didn't even clean the parts from where he cut from the sprues, yikes.  What a waste of a very expensive kit.

I just want to choke this guy out on general principal. Very amateurish video and lazy 13 year old build of an expensive kit.  

EDIT: sorry, that was mean to all young boys and girls building model kits.  Most would paint or at least attempt to paint their kits at that age.

Edited by derex3592

The one positive thing that I got out of the review is that this kit definitely not for me.  I'm actually a bit disappointed in some of the details, or lack there of.

I definitely would not be satisfied with building it as is. 

• Boosters look too big
  • Head unit detail is brutally lacking and the head lasers on the 1S head look off.
  • Landing gear bays don't look deep enough that they would actually house landing gear.

Image result for Club-M 1/48 VF-1S"

You would think for a kit this size & price, that the details would be equal to the old Club-B Resin kit. 

And I agree with @peter Boosters look way to big and I feel the Skull emblem is undersized. 

Edited by 505thAirborne

I so wish I was better at model painting and finishing.  I would get this in a heartbeat.

Someone made a 1/20 Enigma. That's an impressive amount of masking....

No photo description available.

The builder for that is KOMATU on twitter, you have to scroll through his photos back to last September for the masking fun:

I preordered the fighter-only kit. Might be a long while before I can build it though. I want to actually paint it and all, not stick it together like a hobo. :mellow:

Is this different from the one he built for the Tengu Modelers exhibit in late December?

It seems like it's new tweet from Max, specifically mentioning if a Battroid kit is possible with minimal mold changes. Not really a promise or announcement but still interesting. Maybe he's putting this out twitter because Shizuoka Hobby Show got cancelled.

20 minutes ago, TMBounty_Hunter said:

It seems like it's new tweet from Max, specifically mentioning if a Battroid kit is possible with minimal mold changes. Not really a promise or announcement but still interesting. Maybe he's putting this out twitter because Shizuoka Hobby Show got cancelled.

I think I speak for almost everyone here when I say that (1) I hope only minimal mold changes are needed and (2) I will definitely buy one if they're made. I've already set aside enough shelf space to have all three Strike kits next to each other, done up as Roy. Not sure what I'm going to do with the fighter-only kit, but I'm leaning towards making it a CF.

Looking at it as it is now, the arms are straight form the Gerwalk, Super parts are all the same, and legs are maybe straight from the fighter? The big issue is that a completely new torso is absolutely needed but it seems they did think about this long ago and those parts are all isolated to the B runner. If they do decide to keep the existing legs that might be unsatisfactory to some people. If they decide on all new legs that might make it financially not viable to pursue. Oh well I guess we'll see what the future holds eventually.

At the end of the day any Super/Strike kit is still gonna be ~36,000yen and that's ouch...

Honestly I'd still they rather do VF-1D. We know for sure that's only swapping out the body and cockpit parts with no other issue.

I skipped the fighter mode model, but I might be in for a Battroid to go with the Gerwalk.