SDF 1:700

Norman41

That's cool! Are you using epoxy paste with filler to save weight and mass, or just straight epoxy resin? - MT

from that testing. i dont think ill push through the use of epoxy paste as its time consuming to flatten the surface precisely. instead im think to 3d prnt again cladding thinner than the usual main frames just to close the open. in this way i can reduce the the use of filaments. from there ill be talking to may partner on how will proceed with the finishes. for now ill just think of finishing the prints and framings. its been way long over due for this project.

Edited by Norman41

• 2 weeks later...

Those things are great for stacking and burying underground in sets to make large (1000L - 5000L) hidden water storage units. I use them to supply my ponds and streams.

Bread trays and Milk bottle crates.

d0b727edf85a35cd2a0844e63a4986da.jpg

Infiltratiekrat_in_omgeving.png

Random bit of info for the day. Breaks over, back to your SDF1 project.

Edited by NZEOD

Looks great! Reminds me of the plastic bakers baskets bread get transported on the trucks with ^_^ - MT

Those things are great for stacking and burying underground in sets to make large (1000L - 5000L) hidden water storage units. I use them to supply my ponds and streams.

Bread trays and Milk bottle crates.

d0b727edf85a35cd2a0844e63a4986da.jpg

Infiltratiekrat_in_omgeving.png

Random bit of info for the day. Breaks over, back to your SDF1 project.

hehe..thanks mate.

This Beast will have a "shoulder cannon mechanism"..... words escape me how cool that is!!!

hehe.....to excite you more my friend.. here's the idea of the diorama

and here's a brief explanation of the mechanism at the shoulder cannons

0e85bfa0a5cb5432ae534ee38f0a17dd.jpg

2ca47e0df2c5f4a658eb35cbf6a81068.jpg

ed928b432d39bb91327c380cc583b6d2.jpg

Edited by Norman41

What he said ^ "Inconceivable!"!!! Maybe servos would be more torquey and cheaper?

Are you tracking how many miles/kilometers of plastic you're using? - MT

THanks MT for dropping by. your first question. dont have any idea about motors actually. im just getting info to my techy guy so im sticky with stepper.

yes, right now i have consumed 3 1kg PLA filament.. around 330meters x 3 = 990meters already.

Inconceivable!

hehe

Great my jaw just broke.

hehe

Mother-of-God-GIF_1.gif?gs=a

haha

tumblr_inline_mxnydm0FPw1rcmaq0.gif

hehe

Holy crap that is some impressive work!!! =O

thanks mate

you know what would be totally off the charts.... building a Jacobs Ladder into the Grand Cannon section...

Or a Tesla Coil...

Edited by NZEOD

you know what would be totally off the charts.... building a Jacobs Ladder into the Grand Cannon section...

Or a Tesla Coil...

alright man!!!! yeah..i was looking for an idea for the canon to have the effect of particle cannon likewise in the cartoons though looks dangerous and might melt the plastic, hehe.... 1 option i am looking at is using projectors. small projectors placed hidden on the side of the diorama. these projectors will provide 3d projections of plasma effect on the cannons with smoke effect to make it cooler.

Not so sure they are all high heat so dont write the idea off just yet.

Lasers would be another idea for the effect... have them stuttering either with a spinning prism in front of them or actually switching on and off. Mount them in the arm sides to fire across the gap all the way along its length. Controlling them by Adruino would be simple enough. Include a sound board and iphone speakers for the sound of the cannon charging up and maybe even the transformation noises and crew warnings

Not so sure they are all high heat so dont write the idea off just yet.

Lasers would be another idea for the effect... have them stuttering either with a spinning prism in front of them or actually switching on and off. Mount them in the arm sides to fire across the gap all the way along its length. Controlling them by Adruino would be simple enough. Include a sound board and iphone speakers for the sound of the cannon charging up and maybe even the transformation noises and crew warnings

yup yeah right. ill take this in consideration everything you've said man. thanks again

That's some cool stuff dudes! AS far as movement goes, if you use servos (depending on how much movement you need) they have feedback and the computer knows where the servo axis is. Steppers are OK, but can miss teps and have no feedback for the driver circuit. I even went servos on my CNC cutter for the same reason; less waste, more control. Keep up the awesome work! - MT

That's some cool stuff dudes! AS far as movement goes, if you use servos (depending on how much movement you need) they have feedback and the computer knows where the servo axis is. Steppers are OK, but can miss teps and have no feedback for the driver circuit. I even went servos on my CNC cutter for the same reason; less waste, more control. Keep up the awesome work! - MT

thanks mate. im interested with your suggestion. i saw a kite yesterday using servo motors, now im thinking to change my stepper motor and its much cheaper.

is this for sale? where do i pre-order? i'm going to trade in my car and put this is my garage spot.

PM me if you are interested..im looking for sponsor actually.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, you'll have to print me a new jaw!!! Cause mine hit the floor so hard that shattered into million pieces!!!

This project is on the same level of awesomeness as MechTech's 1/200 Daedalus!!!

Thanks dude!!..cant compare my work yet to his. im still a newbie...

Edited by Norman41