Mezco One:12 LIne

Mommar

2 hours ago, Mommar said:

I went ahead, the look works for me.

I hope you did too because he’s sold out.

Damn I guess I got lucky yet again, I managed to nab one. Looked back not even five minutes later, and he's already on waiting list indeed, damn Mezco.

2 hours ago, Tking22 said:

Damn I guess I got lucky yet again, I managed to nab one. Looked back not even five minutes later, and he's already on waiting list indeed, damn Mezco.

I got lucky too actually.  I was slammed at work but for whatever dumb reason I felt the need to check my personal e-mail on my phone.  I had just got the e-mail update from Mezco not a minute earlier. 

Oooo.  I had never seen this look for Logan before.  Now I know why they call it the Logan 5 Ronin.  There was a mini-series in 2011 called 5 Ronin starring Wolverine, Psylocke, The Hulk, The Punisher and Daredevil set in 17th century Japan.

Edited by Mommar

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Mommar said:

They need to lose the collar on this thing...

Ugh, I just saw this, and you beat me to post it. They also need to put the non visored head and those sweet, sweet yellow trunks on the standard release, that would make that one nearly perfect.

10 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Which cyclops, there are two of them now.

Expect either a PX Exclusive, or more likely Summer Exclusive, version of 90’s Cable.

This is my worry, there will be a better Cable repaint at some point down the line. My other worry is that I cancel the currently announced Cable, then we do get another nicer repaint, but it's a Mezco site exclusive and it's gone before I even see pics, and then I cancelled my regular release and it's sold out then I get no Cable :(.

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

Both versions of Cyclops.

I’m okay with both designs minus the dumb collars on the 80’s versions but they aren’t necessary.  There are some little Chibi Egg Attack X-Men figures with cloth that has a Cyclops in his 90’s costume and it looks spot on to the comic.  The extra piping isn’t necessary.

B21CCC5F-4E22-4D43-8CBA-112B78B8BC1F.thumb.jpeg.8c016376b55fb6026bea3502ccd8cfca.jpeg

Edited by Mommar

7 hours ago, Tking22 said:

This is my worry, there will be a better Cable repaint at some point down the line. My other worry is that I cancel the currently announced Cable, then we do get another nicer repaint, but it's a Mezco site exclusive and it's gone before I even see pics, and then I cancelled my regular release and it's sold out then I get no Cable :(.

I don’t know about better, I think this one looks amazing personally.  Anything else would just be different to me.  If we’re lucky a 90’s Cable will be a PX Exclusive (they reuse every character they make after-all.). I’m just saying to be prepared in February and in May/June for some damn Website/Con exclusive of it.

I bet we see a Con/Web Exclusive X-Factor Cyke with the big white X too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Mommar said:

If you didn’t hit that twenty minute pre-order window it’s $200+ on ebay now. :(

Ah man, I sure didn't this time :(. I absolutely would've bought one too, I love that Keaton inspired color scheme. It can't be stated enough, these Mezco store exclusives suck. I get that they announce them beforehand, barely, on social media, but I don't have any social media so I never know about one of these until I happen to get a message from a friend, check here, or I happen to check Toyark or something. Such a god damn bummer, I REALLY like how this guy looks.

Can I ask you guys who collect these. How good is the fabric used on the figure? Esp the pleathered ones. Is it advisable to leave the figure in an action pose for a long period of time without damaging the fabric with creases and folds? Or that is still a given?

6 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Can I ask you guys who collect these. How good is the fabric used on the figure? Esp the pleathered ones. Is it advisable to leave the figure in an action pose for a long period of time without damaging the fabric with creases and folds? Or that is still a given?

For me personally I haven't had any issues with my many, many One:12 figures, yet. I don't doubt that, in time, extreme poses in areas with fabric could end up getting at minimum stretched, at worst possibly a tear. I had it with several Hot Toys figures way back in the day, with fabric and rubber, particularly Dark Knight DX Hot Toys Batman.

That all said, my oldest Mezco One:12 would be Dark Knight Returns Batman, one of their earliest figures released several years ago now, I've had him in and out of several poses, several of which I would consider pretty stretched or extreme, and I see no issues, tears, and when straightened out, no stretching to speak of. That's my oldest figure, other then that I can safely say none of the others that I've purchased recently have had issues either, the fabric used, and rubber over certain accents, seems really high quality.

I've seen some tears and damage before, but a lot of that was user error, moving certain limbs beyond where they should go, it's still fabric after all, it has limits. I've been thoroughly impressed, my only issues with this line is usually on a figure to figure basis like most other lines, there's going to be fantastic releases, and some meh ones, no different then Figuarts, Figma, or Mafex. But to your point on quality, once again, I think Mezco makes some quality stuff, I've been pretty thoroughly impressed with the line time and time again. I got The Shape, aka Michael Meyers in about a week ago, love it, really quality fabric used on his jump suit.

4 minutes ago, Tking22 said:

For me personally I haven't had any issues with my many, many One:12 figures, yet. I don't doubt that, in time, extreme poses in areas with fabric could end up getting at minimum stretched, at worst possibly a tear. I had it with several Hot Toys figures way back in the day, with fabric and rubber, particularly Dark Knight DX Hot Toys Batman.

That all said, my oldest Mezco One:12 would be Dark Knight Returns Batman, one of their earliest figures released several years ago now, I've had him in and out of several poses, several of which I would consider pretty stretched or extreme, and I see no issues, tears, and when straightened out, no stretching to speak of. That's my oldest figure, other then that I can safely say none of the others that I've purchased recently have had issues either, the fabric used, and rubber over certain accents, seems really high quality.

I've seen some tears and damage before, but a lot of that was user error, moving certain limbs beyond where they should go, it's still fabric after all, it has limits. I've been thoroughly impressed, my only issues with this line is usually on a figure to figure basis like most other lines, there's going to be fantastic releases, and some meh ones, no different then Figuarts, Figma, or Mafex. But to your point on quality, once again, I think Mezco makes some quality stuff, I've been pretty thoroughly impressed with the line time and time again. I got The Shape, aka Michael Meyers in about a week ago, love it, really quality fabric used on his jump suit.

Thanks Tking22! Really appreciate your insight and opinion on this. I just asked since I have a few Hot Toys figure and from what I've gathered that if you pose the figure look enough, it will cause some stress on the fabrics. And it's why I don't pose that much well except for Iron Man and War Machine. But the rest it's just 'statue'. I really just wanted to hear everyone's opinion on it if the quality is beyond Hot Toys' since this one is smaller and has more play factor. It's too bad that I'm not going to branch out on this line even though I really liked the 90's Cyclops and Cable that they're making.

Again, thanks! :good:

4 hours ago, Tking22 said:

Ah man, I sure didn't this time :(. I absolutely would've bought one too, I love that Keaton inspired color scheme. It can't be stated enough, these Mezco store exclusives suck. I get that they announce them beforehand, barely, on social media, but I don't have any social media so I never know about one of these until I happen to get a message from a friend, check here, or I happen to check Toyark or something. Such a god damn bummer, I REALLY like how this guy looks.

I got an e-mail from Mezco directly the day before.  And the video Robo made for The Fwoosh the day before he mentioned it too.  I just left the browser window open and watched the countdown.  Their credit card billing service was broken so I had to pay in full up front via paypal.

28 minutes ago, Mommar said:

I got an e-mail from Mezco directly the day before.  And the video Robo made for The Fwoosh the day before he mentioned it too.  I just left the browser window open and watched the countdown.  Their credit card billing service was broken so I had to pay in full up front via paypal.

This is a highlight I read about this morning, their credit card system apparently sucks and Paypal is the quickest way to ensure you get an order in. I'm fine with that, I prefer Paypal for most of my toy purchases anyway. Oddly enough I have a Mezco account and my email is attached, I didn't get any kind of heads up about this guy :(.

3 hours ago, Tking22 said:

This is a highlight I read about this morning, their credit card system apparently sucks and Paypal is the quickest way to ensure you get an order in. I'm fine with that, I prefer Paypal for most of my toy purchases anyway. Oddly enough I have a Mezco account and my email is attached, I didn't get any kind of heads up about this guy :(.

Yeah, I got an e-mail the night before and an e-mail literally a minute after the pre-order went up.

I should have listened to my instincts.  For some reason I almost bought two but backed out.  Sorry.

Edited by Mommar

54 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Mother f**cker, Mezco put up ANOTHER web exclusive today.  The home made Daredevil suit.  I’m really pissed at these ass-holes.  I can’t sit at their website all day at work.

Wow I looked at Toyark RIGHT before I left work and didn't see anything about him posted, got home and yeah, wait-list already. I absolutely would've got one too, I loved the Netflix season 1 and 3 home made suit. I'm wondering how many popular figures have they shown off that will end up being stupid ass Mezco store exclusives? This crap sucks.

Edited by Tking22