Mezco One:12 LIne

Mommar

Everyone has a favorite slasher, and a favorite look for said slasher from a specific film. Jason from Part III is my jam, always my favorite look for Jason, also my favorite Friday the 13th film, suffice to say this mother frakker is ABSOLUTELY mine. I got giddy as soon as I saw his prototype a while back, yes there was a 1/6 version, but I don't do 1/6 and LOVE Mezco One:12, so this is undeniably the ultimate Jason figure I NEED in my collection, he looks fantastic...

http://news.toyark.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2018/04/Mezco-F13-Part-3-Jason-Voorhees-001.jpg

http://news.toyark.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2018/04/Mezco-F13-Part-3-Jason-Voorhees-002.jpg

http://news.toyark.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2018/04/Mezco-F13-Part-3-Jason-Voorhees-003.jpg

http://news.toyark.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2018/04/Mezco-F13-Part-3-Jason-Voorhees-004.jpg

http://news.toyark.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2018/04/Mezco-F13-Part-3-Jason-Voorhees-009.jpg

http://news.toyark.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2018/04/Mezco-F13-Part-3-Jason-Voorhees-012.jpg

http://news.toyark.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2018/04/Mezco-F13-Part-3-Jason-Voorhees-014.jpg

I am definitely in for horror film slasher icons, this guy and Michael from Halloween are an excellent start.

I don't know, BBTS is really lagging behind shipping out Mezco stuff now.  I had to cancel my PX exclusive X-Force Wolverine with them and order from Amazon because they just couldn't ship.  Right now they can't seem to get to the Ascending Knight Batman figure I ordered out either.

Edited by Mommar

10 hours ago, Mommar said:

I'm not a DC fan but surely somebody here can get behind this one.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/73130

$180... dang!

Oh I am absolutely that guy, and I pre-ordered him the second I saw it pop up on BBTS. This thing looks frakking brilliant! Aesthetically, it is pretty much exactly what I wanted, this guy looks fantastic. I do have some gripes though. Polystone for the whole figure could prove to be problematic, it's fine for statues, but being an articulated figure I can see this causing issues. Also, they REALLY could have just made this guy from plastic and kept the price down, the polystone isn't even something people were asking for, it is un-necessary and a potential issue, they really clearly wanted to squeeze as much money out of folks on this release as possible. I'm wondering how many folks that passed on Supes are kicking themselves now, no he wasn't a perfect figure, and not the best Mezco release, but he was still pretty damn quality, and now one of his best foes is being released. I'm on board, I can picture this guy sky rocketing after he dries up, not that I would ever sell mine, I've just realized with One:12 that if you want a figure, get it before it's gone.

edit: Also, Batman dropped at BBTS and is on his way. Pretty good reviews too, most folks are very pleased with him. Seeing him in hand, I'm glad I never tracked down and over paid for that Mezco all black exclusive, I honestly feel the grey on the regular release gives better contrast, the all black looks quite meh in comparison.

Edited by Tking22

14 hours ago, Tking22 said:

Oh I am absolutely that guy, and I pre-ordered him the second I saw it pop up on BBTS. This thing looks frakking brilliant! Aesthetically, it is pretty much exactly what I wanted, this guy looks fantastic. I do have some gripes though. Polystone for the whole figure could prove to be problematic, it's fine for statues, but being an articulated figure I can see this causing issues. Also, they REALLY could have just made this guy from plastic and kept the price down, the polystone isn't even something people were asking for, it is un-necessary and a potential issue, they really clearly wanted to squeeze as much money out of folks on this release as possible. I'm wondering how many folks that passed on Supes are kicking themselves now, no he wasn't a perfect figure, and not the best Mezco release, but he was still pretty damn quality, and now one of his best foes is being released. I'm on board, I can picture this guy sky rocketing after he dries up, not that I would ever sell mine, I've just realized with One:12 that if you want a figure, get it before it's gone.

edit: Also, Batman dropped at BBTS and is on his way. Pretty good reviews too, most folks are very pleased with him. Seeing him in hand, I'm glad I never tracked down and over paid for that Mezco all black exclusive, I honestly feel the grey on the regular release gives better contrast, the all black looks quite meh in comparison.

Sweet, take pics.  I'm not really a DC guy except for Batman (I kind of wish I got the PX Exclusive Deathstroke still) so I haven't gone for it but the figure itself looks good.

Speaking of Batman, if Colorado could get their asses straight I would already have my Ascending Knight Batman.  I also agree the Grey color provides much better contrast.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Two more figures caught my eye, two more figures pre-ordered. It appears Mezco's site is crashing and a lot of pissed off folks might not get at this new Punisher. I DID! Also, Kong looks pretty great, and that price is very handsome.

Mezco-Special-Ops-Punisher-013.jpg5471.Jpg

13 hours ago, Mommar said:

I didn’t get the Punisher.  I’m frakking pissed.

You're not alone, Mezco is catching a TON of heat for this release, and rightfully so. This thing came out of nowhere, no announcement, no word on when it would go up, and then it was up and gone. I only got one because my buddy Rex texted me at work when he noticed it, I spent 20 minutes on the site, crashing, credit card refusals, but I got my order in. Mezco REALLY needs some kind of management, or marketing shake up, they did this with the Classic Punisher and got grilled, so now they double down and do it on another highly sought after Punisher figure.

The two per customer on these exclusives needs to drop to 1, how many scalpers snatched two, then contacted a friend and asked if they could ship toys to their location, then bought another two? Several times over I'd guess as well, IF they could get the orders in. This is getting pretty absurd, and I don't know how much good will Mezco has at this point, the artificial scarcity is bad enough, but now we are at beyond DX Valkyrie levels of PO nonsense.

Also, they are doing some stupid crap with their social media right now. They are deleting and not allowing new posts on articles on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter regarding this figure. People flooded their social media with complaints, and then they just basically told them to "shup up". I love their figures, and I did get this Punisher, but I shouldn't feel like I won a small lottery because I was actually able to order a figure from them.

Yeah I'm more than a little PO'd I missed out on the Special Ops Punisher but I can easily see why I did. If you look at his product page the mentally impotent genius' at Mezco decided it was a Jim-dandy of an Idea to "limit" this to 6 per person. I'm sure he didn't sell out immediately due to scalper scum. No way...

50 minutes ago, SuperDimensionalDave said:

Yeah I'm more than a little PO'd I missed out on the Special Ops Punisher but I can easily see why I did. If you look at his product page the mentally impotent genius' at Mezco decided it was a Jim-dandy of an Idea to "limit" this to 6 per person. I'm sure he didn't sell out immediately due to scalper scum. No way...

Was it 6!? Holy crap, that is FAR worse. When I pre-ordered DX Joker from the Mezco site it was limited 2 per customer and I thought that was bad enough. You are absolutely right, several truly a-hole scalpers undoubtedly bought up 6 of these over and over, and absolutely WILL have these on Ebay for $300+ as soon as they release. This crap needs to stop, make the figures easier to get, or limit it one to customer and demand unique payment for each order, don't accept the same payment method and information for several orders, this crap is getting ridiculous.

Yeah, it was six per customer.  Total horse crap.  I'm trying to find somebody I know who will be at SDCC to try to hook me up.

There are already a bunch of listings on ebay for $300+, they were up only an hour after the pre-order happened.

Edited by Mommar

I'll wait for the bootleg. in fact I hope China gets this bootlegged and to market before SDCC and these scalper d!€k bags can choke on their haul. I normally don't support bootlegs but I'll pay $45 for a bootleg of this before I'll pay some scumbag $300 to have bought it online at $80 for me.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow Mezco came out in force. That Magneto looks fantastic but I need to see more pics, and I'm still liking the look of that Cyclops. Blade is looking great, as is Darkseid, I'm still in on that big guy. The Ghostbusters are what really caught my eye, that set looks amazing, they look damn good together. Definitely didn't expect that insane looking Black Bolt and really nice looking, articulated Lockjaw, I'm not much for Inhumans but there's little denying that duo look pretty badass.

Edited by Tking22

10 hours ago, Tking22 said:

Wow Mezco came out in force. That Magneto looks fantastic but I need to see more pics, and I'm still liking the look of that Cyclops. Blade is looking great, as is Darkseid, I'm still in on that big guy. The Ghostbusters are what really caught my eye, that set looks amazing, they look damn good together. Definitely didn't expect that insane looking Black Bolt and really nice looking, articulated Lockjaw, I'm not much for Inhumans but there's little denying that duo look pretty badass.

Mezco sold me on Inhumans and I HATE Inhumans.  Black Bolt and Lockjaw looks incredible.  I like the look of that Ghost Rider too.  People are speculating he'll have a bike with him similar to Lockjaw with Black Bolt.

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

Mezco sold me on Inhumans and I HATE Inhumans.  Black Bolt and Lockjaw looks incredible.  I like the look of that Ghost Rider too.  People are speculating he'll have a bike with him similar to Lockjaw with Black Bolt.

Since the bike isn't at SDCC I wonder if it will be sold separate like Dredd's Lawmaster? I would honestly prefer bundled, if there's a Ghost Rider figure available, AND his ride, 99% of folks are in for both, so just bundle that crap. Agreed on Inhumans, while I don't hate them I've never been hot on them, but that Black Bolt and Lockjaw do look nuts, that Lockjaw is undeniably the finest 1/12 Lockjaw that will probably ever be made.

PX Exclusive Sovereign Knight Batman.  This was always my favorite color scheme.  I like what they did with the suit texture, looks like they took a page from the X-Force Wolverine release.

F055BD2D-6A2D-4D12-A66D-EFEB33E1B2F1.thumb.jpeg.f76e43ddbc92229ef7df536901bdc9c3.jpegA42EC295-AC4C-4800-864A-0BDA9F2559AC.thumb.jpeg.1bc77fee8458eb1d3e2a31ea227a3432.jpegB571CC20-5F49-4EB7-A362-C73E7AAE1475.thumb.jpeg.2da4198a7c1cbf2d55ec582295d1069a.jpeg9565ADC2-AD28-4C62-A008-E808633268F4.thumb.jpeg.2fd2df4f013df4dd2faa493169107a1e.jpeg36FF1D6C-3906-4045-B8A8-5597B9449898.thumb.jpeg.3dcb0eba4219fba2ae1c7e7f781948cf.jpegC342ED7B-AEF2-4D01-8F5E-AF3040D69CF1.thumb.jpeg.18a4cdf58eba4809d7c41a138c5ab85d.jpeg

Edited by Mommar

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/20/2018 at 7:53 AM, Mommar said:

Cyclops is up for pre-order now.  Mezco website only so far.

https://www.mezcotoyz.com/one-12-collective-cyclops

Up At BBTS now too.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/78960

5620.Jpg

5635.Jpg

This Cyclops looks cool. It would've been perfect if he's wearing the yellow trunks. Anyone's getting this and planning on putting one on him?

Anyways, is Mezco planning on completing this line? I would love to see them doing Gambit and Rogue in Jim Lee fashion.

On 9/11/2018 at 9:43 AM, no3Ljm said:

This Cyclops looks cool. It would've been perfect if he's wearing the yellow trunks. Anyone's getting this and planning on putting one on him?

Anyways, is Mezco planning on completing this line? I would love to see them doing Gambit and Rogue in Jim Lee fashion.

Mezco is putting out figures in a seemingly random fashion.  The only other character from the Blue Team lineup they've released was Wolverine in his Yellow and Blue duds and that was s web exclusive (though I suppose you could argue his Brown and Orange costume was also from the first three issues of the X-Men Blue Team books.)  Mezco does their own spin on the costumes so even though there's no yellow trunks it's not because they aren't paying attention to the comics.  They've decided to do their own thing.  They have made no mention of other Blue Team members yet.  The only other X-Men related releases they've announced so far are Magneto and Cable and neither have gone up for pre-order yet.  I've harassed them about Gambit and Rogue for awhile now.

• 2 weeks later...