Mezco One:12 LIne

Mommar

19 hours ago, Mommar said:

What time did you order yours?

Early, early in the morning, it was about 6:30am Vegas time. I was still insanely, irrationally pissed that I missed out on the classic comic Punisher figure, so there was zero chance I was missing this sexy beast of a Wolverine figure. I'm glad Mezco got their crap together and were a little more up front this time about the PO for this guy, that Punisher debacle left a really bad taste in my mouth.

6:30 Vegas time?  You guys are West Coast then?  I bought it at 7 Mountain Time right when it went up.  I was curious if we could have figured out how long it stayed available but I guess all we know is he's more popular than X-Men Deadpool or Miles Morales.  Some of these companies make very little sense to me though, Tiger Stripe/Jim Lee style Wolverine is his most popular costume of all.  And Wolverine is still one of the most popular comic book characters.  Probably should have ordered A LOT more of him.  Likewise, Classic Punisher.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Pre-Orders for Thor Ragnarok go up November 3rd.  I only saw a pic of Thor, not sure if The Hulk will go up too.  The Mezco thor looks the best out of all the releases so far and all of the promos for upcoming versions so I'm definitely pre-ordering him.

I'm going Figuarts for Thor and Gladiator Hulk since I have no interest in MCU Mezco stuff, I'm all in on Figuarts for my MCU fix. That said, I managed to nab Mezco Superman while he was in stock at BBTS for about three minutes. I also pre-ordered Michael Meyers One:12. Now THAT looks like it will be phenomenal, that's a great scale for him, and the cloth goods will work well at that scale. I'm excited, and hoping we'll see more Mezco One:12 slashers, maybe Jason and Leatherface, Freddy would be really cool, and now I'm interested in their Ash Williams.

• 3 weeks later...

Mezco Exclusive Joker went up this morning as well, I IMMEDIATELY nabbed mine. I missed out on the original release Mezco One:12 Joker, there was zero chance I was missing out on this badass DX version. I personally think he looks fantastic, he just looks so good, and his head sculpts have to be some of Mezco's best work.

https://www.mezcotoyz.com/one-12-collective-the-joker-deluxe-edition

• 1 month later...
46 minutes ago, Mommar said:

I may be the only one who still cares but Iron Man is up for pre-order now.  Also BBTS says Doctor Strange is delayed until May due to manufacturing.

https://www.mezcotoyz.com/one-12-collective-iron-man

Nope I definitely still care, I pre-ordered mine at BBTS. I was worried this guy might never happen, Mezco is so slow on their releases, and worse on giving solid dates things will actually release and go up for PO. Glad he's happening though, hopefully we'll see some neat re-paints or at least a Rhodey War Machine variant, love the classic look, we've gotten nothing but MCU style designs for quite a while now.

BBTS for me too, unless the Mezco version contains something extra.  Except waiting for Deadpool with headpool wasn't worth it.

Apparently they released four figures last month.  Deadpool, Red Skull, Harley Quinn and Wolverine.

I don't see how any previous releases have been MCU at all.  Actually, this is more MCU than you would think.  This Iron man is carefully stylized and kinda looks like the classic we remember but the arm missles, hip missiles and other little trimmings are actually modern interpretations inspired by the films.

Edited by Mommar

26 minutes ago, Mommar said:

BBTS for me too, unless the Mezco version contains something extra.  Except waiting for Deadpool with headpool wasn't worth it.

Apparently they released four figures last month.  Deadpool, Red Skull, Harley Quinn and Wolverine.

I don't see how any previous releases have been MCU at all.  Actually, this is more MCU than you would think.  This Iron man is carefully stylized and kinda looks like the classic we remember but the arm missles, hip missiles and other little trimmings are actually modern interpretations inspired by the films.

They also released Deathstroke, so five, which is crazy for Mezco. And I actually meant to say most other roughly 1/12 lines have been mostly MCU, Figuarts, Mafex, etc. It's nice to see Mezco giving us some classic style, with collector quality, and obviously pricing, in mind.

4 hours ago, Tking22 said:

They also released Deathstroke, so five, which is crazy for Mezco. And I actually meant to say most other roughly 1/12 lines have been mostly MCU, Figuarts, Mafex, etc. It's nice to see Mezco giving us some classic style, with collector quality, and obviously pricing, in mind.

Deathstroke too??? Damn!  Is there a possibility of that many this month?  Doctor Strange was pushed back but we're still short by quite a few.  Regular Spider-Man was due out August of last year, and Black Suit Spidey, X-Force Wolverine, X-Force Deadpool, Ascending Knight Batman are all supposedly slated for this month still...

Sorry, I miss-understood you.  Yeah, Hasbro (the new Legends this year sound AWESOME, rumors below!) and Mezco are the only two making comic versions.  Or in the case of Mezco comic-like since their schtick is taking the comic book costumes and making them real world.  I don't think I'd like this Iron Man mold for War Machine though.  It really has too many classic elements to really look like that MK 1 version from the early 90's comics.  Still my favorite version of War Machine, though the films really got his portrayal near perfect.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the Brown and Orange Wolverine is next to be released.  Just got confirmation from Bbts it's about to ship.  Would be nice if yhey spaced out the characters a bit.  I just got the other Wolvie last month.  Would have made more sense to release the classic Spider-Man given he's been on preorder since 2016.

• 3 weeks later...

Holy eff, Mezco blowout!  Hela ( only noteable because now we can get female figures) Cyclops (looks... eh.  Collar needs to be tucked like Spidermans) Blade, frigging Cable who looks amazing!  I can’t vintain myself about Cable.  He’s not 90’s shoulder pad Cable but he looks frgging incredible!  Blade looks great too.  They’re doing goofy ish with my beloved X-Men, though.

DCC0F63E-1927-4937-9212-08F7860FDC0F.thumb.jpeg.f39d735b363a86d3850e293539b1aac8.jpeg7CC8B77D-2C9E-486A-9C16-6BBCE617A65C.thumb.jpeg.c2d74109e466b6d93b351beb9cc9b609.jpegAE5784E4-A3BA-42A2-AB11-EBCCDD5A1C44.thumb.jpeg.00458045e8f4b0c36e971ef249d43306.jpeg

Edited by Mommar

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Mommar said:

Review of the PX Exclusive X-Force Wolverine.  A shame about the material used limiting his poseability.  But damn, does he look nice.  Dunno how Boog gets his stuff so quick, mine hasn't even begun to ship yet.

He does look good! I ended up cancelling him and X-Force Deadpool, the regular versions work fine for me, I still really like OG red Deadpool and tiger stripe Wolverine. Boog and D Amazing both seem to get their stuff far quicker then anyone else, especially Mezco One:12 and Figuarts, not sure how they do it, maybe they both know someone on the inside.

Also, pre-order Catwoman at BBTS, honestly, I think she looks fantastic.

Oh boy, oh boy, it looks like the Mezco Ghostbusters officially went up for PO.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/71461

Snatched mine here, fortunately they are not a Mezco Store exclusive. These were a must buy the moment they were shown off, I think they look fantastic. I don't remember them being announced as one big $300 box set, but I'll take it, buying these piece by piece would've been annoying, like a third party combiner.

Oh man, a whole video showing off the Toy Fair catalog and DAMN does Cyke and Blade and Cable (and everyone) look awesome.  Finally some shots of the accessories.  Cykes visor with the red smoke leaking from the side.  Yes please!

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Already pre-ordered the day he went up on BBTS, he looks damn good IMO.

19 minutes ago, Big s said:

I saw the preorder for that last night and am super tempted. The way they detailed such a simple character is amazing.

He seems to have split people down the middle as far as whether they like him or not. Some are turned off by the hyper-realness of such a simple character, others think it's awesome, I think it's awesome and something I would only expect Mezco One:12 to do, like with all their figures, take a simple character design and give it that, "If this were in the real world", look. I dig it, and honestly if you're interested at all I would grab him, Mezco One:12 figures tend to disappear and then sky rocket in price, not every release, but most. The thing that would blow my mind is if they did a live action Robin Williams version, I would be on that like a fly on fresh crap.