Mezco One:12 LIne

Mommar

So that Batman Returns and Judge Dread figures they've already released were pretty cool and now they've come back with a lot of other DC characters, and Star Trek and Space Ghost... and FREAKING MARVEL. And Dare Devil looks wicked in all three get-ups!

http://news.toyark.com/2016/02/04/closer-look-mezco-one12-collective-marvel-dc-190785

One12-Marvel-Daredevil-Red-2.jpg

One12-Marvel-Cap-Light-3.jpg

One12-Marvel-Daredevil-Black-3.jpg

One12-Marvel-Punisher-Black-2.jpg

Armored Batman from BvS looks wicked too.

One12-DC-BVS-Armored-Batman-1.jpg

Edited by Mommar

Really loved the Dark Knight they made, and have Dredd waiting to be shipped.

Not too fond for most of these, but might consider getting Armored Batfleck and Punisher, as there aren't many good representations of these 2 (though I might lean towards the Mafex for the Armored Batfleck).

I'm not sure about all of them, some of the fabrics work better than others. I like that armored Batman a lot, I'll probably wind up with the black and Red Daredevils and the black punisher. Both the cap figures have funny looking pants, maybe the one with the helmet I'll try out. Maybe the comic style Superman as well although I've mever been a DC or Superman fan.

• 1 month later...

I'd definitely buy a 1/12 scale 1989 Batman Batmobile from any company.

I'd also buy a Mezco One:12 Wolverine if they were able to make one.

Unfortunately a representative at New York Comicon said they've been told to stay far away from Mutants so we're getting no X-Men (which REALLY pisses me off.) Except they're doing Deadpool. But pretty much any other mutant they've already shot down. And I was hoping for comic-book versions of other X-Men since Hot Toys only does movie properties and pretty much only does movie Wolverines except for that Brown Suit one they've announced (not my favorite Wolverine costume) which looks pretty bad IMO anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately a representative at New York Comicon said they've been told to stay far away from Mutants so we're getting no X-Men (which REALLY pisses me off.) Except they're doing Deadpool. But pretty much any other mutant they've already shot down. And I was hoping for comic-book versions of other X-Men since Hot Toys only does movie properties and pretty much only does movie Wolverines except for that Brown Suit one they've announced (not my favorite Wolverine costume) which looks pretty bad IMO anyway.

This is a cool line. I'm liking the Daredevil figures. But not sure for now if I'm going to get it. :)

Also, when they say that they've been told to stay away from Mutants... sounds like Marvel itself is killing their other franchise owned by other movie company (for film rights) for not supporting it even with action figures. I mean, we've seen a lot of Avengers stuff since Marvel Films but only handful of stuff from the Merry Mutants.

Btw, Mommar, Sideshow is doing a brown suit 1/6 scale Wolverine this year. ;)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Well, it took them forever but my Modern Captain America figure finally arrived today. Definitely a fun figure. The ankle rocker kind of sucks so poses are a bit goofy but luckily they decided to give you a pile of stuff, stands with arms, lots of accessories and swappable hands and a little bag. It's like they looked at what Figma does and copied them. I can't wait for Daredevil and The Punisher and I'm even considering the modern Red Skull to match with my Cap now.

Still waiting on the Spider-Man and Deadpool pre-orders.

Looks like I'm all in.

• 2 months later...

Yes, I saw that.  I am interested even if I don't usually touch DC stuff.

In other news, Shadowland Dare Devil showed up a few weeks back, Commander Rogers showed up today, I'm expecting the regular Dare Devil to show up on Friday and The Punisher is set to arrive next Tuesday.  Famine to feast with these releases.  Supposedly the Deluxe version Punisher is due out next month as well.  I'm buried under piles of the same three figures!  lol

Batman looks dope.
One12-Collective-Batman-Ascending-Knight

Netflix Daredevil looks awesome (even though he's the fourth effing released DD)
One12-Collective-Daredevil-Netflix-Serie

Strange and Iron Man both look awesome.

One12-Collective-Dr.-Strange.jpg

One12-Collective-Iron-Man-1.jpg

...okay, I have to talk about Wolverine here.  When I first saw the One:12 Batman figure I thought it looked cool and wanted to see Marvel stuff.  Then they announced Cap, DD and the Punisher and they all looked wicked.  I was hoping for some comic book style X-Men, because Hot Toys has only made one.  Wolverine in his Brown Costume.  And it looked terrible.  But during an interview a Mezco guy said they were told "stay away from Mutants" and my hopes were dashed.  Deadpool was announced, but given he's Marvel highest grossing comic right now it was a given and doesn't necessarily mean other Mutants would follow.  Now we have Wolverine... and he looks like SH*T!  Where did they come up with those awful shoulder pads?  And his whole chest area looks disproportioned.  The weird little brown shorts aren't anything like his real costume.  The Yellow is like the yellow from his Blue and Gold uniform, not the brown and orange one.  And the boots look totally off.  He's a mess.  Every proportion is off except the claws look great.  Finally a 1/12 scale wolverine with claws that aren't bent to hell (thanks Hasbro.)  But I don't want this, he looks terrible.  Strange they nailed.  Did they get the blind guy on Wolverine or something.  So disappointing.
One12-Collective-Wolverine-1.jpg

18 hours ago, Mommar said:

I have no clue what they were thinking with that one...

he looks like a kid in a halloween costume.  the shoulders could be a hard thing to do on the brown outfit, but a little texture/ lines/ stitching....something wouldn't hurt on the chest and  as far as i recall, he never wore shorts.

Edited by Negotiator

Ditto on being a bit baffled by that Wolverine, where the hell did the little shorts come from?

20 hours ago, Mommar said:

Between end of last week and today Captain Rogers, DD and The Punisher are all in my possession now.  Quick tip, buy The Punisher! The hand gun even has a functioning cocking mechanism!!!

image.thumb.jpeg.e21e553f407f4b00b8a9bac3cb65103c.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.3d21d82294229c9d7e4644aa39a6370e.jpeg

Punisher and DD look great, my DD is paid off now I'm just waiting on a payment request for my Punisher DX. It seems Punisher is getting near universal appraise, Mezco done good on him, I picture him selling out and being one of the harder to get a hold of figures. My Green Arrow is paid off too, I'm a HUGE fan of the Emerald Archer, more so then Batman or any other DC hero, so I'm very excited for him. Arsenal is on pre-order, can't have Ollie without his partner.

The Punisher fig is bad-ass.  I do have some gripes though.  He uses Captain Americas boots, on the surface it sucks because for $80+ we should get all new moulds IMO, and the ankle rocker sucks.  The accessories are cool, swappale clips for the pistol, smg and rifle (plus the cool cocking mechanism on the pistol.) But they should have alternate clips, like an extanded one for the pistol, instead of duplicates.  Plus holsters and straps for sll of the guns would have been welcome.  Even still posing this effer is amazing and fun.

DD looks cool but the material they used for most of his costume really inhibits movement.  Especially at the shoulders.

Green Arrow loks great, I'm sure he'll make a fantastic mould reuse for Hawkeye too.