Hi gents,

The Macross Mecha Manual is looking to grow its reference library in preparation for its next update, and our proxy buyers haven't been able to find a couple publications that Mr March and I are looking for. So we're turning to the MacrossWorld community for an inside track!

We're looking for the following books and dojinshi (preferably in as close to mint condition as humanly possible)

We welcome buying from fans who already have the books, as well as fans in Japan who may be willing to proxy buy on our behalf!

Thank you for helping us grow the Mecha Manual's reference library!

EDIT: Updated list, we found one copy of the MAT book but might be interested in a second if anyone can locate one available for international sale.

EDIT 2: Obtained copies of the 2nd volume of the ships dojinshi, still looking for 2 copies of the 1st volume. Special thanks to Hayato-san for his generosity and time. :D

Edited by Seto Kaiba
  • The artbook from Shoji Kawamori's THE TRANSFORMATION exhibit (the one with the white cover, 2 copies)

Are you asking for 2 copies of the same or that there were 2 different copies? I was always under the impression that there was only one...

Are you asking for 2 copies of the same or that there were 2 different copies? I was always under the impression that there was only one...

There were two books (booklets?) released for the Kawamori exhibit... I already have a copy of one of them, but need the other, and Mr March is only interested in the white book because that has Macross line art we need/want (while the black book is of purely casual interest).

There were two books (booklets?) released for the Kawamori exhibit... I already have a copy of one of them, but need the other, and Mr March is only interested in the white book because that has Macross line art we need/want (while the black book is of purely casual interest).

I don't think I've seen the black one. Would love to see that one in the future- wonder what's on it?

This is the black book Seto was referring to...

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=29133&p=1055697

However, it was not a companion book to the recent Kawamori exhibit.

Only one released in conjunction with the Transformation exhibit was this one...

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=29133&p=1251196

Okay, so while we were shopping Mandarake in the hopes of finding these books we came upon something else we were looking for... so it's not at total loss I guess?

Struck out there, and Yahoo! Japan auctions with the items we want won't ship internationally... so we could really do with a volunteer proxy buyer if any fans in Japan wants to earn a lovely commission for their assistance. ;)

Mr March also put out a public appeal for help finding some of these books on the Mecha Manual's facebook page.

Congrats on the D7 book....I think the seller has been relisting it for the past 4 years.....you made his year! :)

You think the seller's happy, you should see Mr March. He's positively giddy with anticipation for that and the half-dozen other books we're getting already. If we could track down Animex 23, the first volume of the FANKY Planning Battleships of the Galaxy Macross dojinshi, and the Kawamori exhibit book I think he'd fairly explode from the excitement.

• 4 weeks later...