Replacing screws for DX Chogokin

rendingred

Hopefully this hasn't already been answered a million times already, though I couldn't seem to find the answers myself.

I only recently started getting my hands on some Bandai DX Chogokin releases. I have a bit of everything now: from renewal Messiahs and Durandals to the Lucifer to the Macross Quarter to even the dreaded version 1 Ozma VF-25s Armored gift set. Now apart from all the other problems/repairs/maintenance issues these entail, I was wondering if anyone might have some definitive info about the SCREWS that hold these beautiful messes together.

My most recurring issue is when trying to strengthen the hip joints of the toys. My usual technique on Robot Damashii figures, gunpla and such with loose joints is a bit of clear nail polish on the ball and/or inside the joint. I do this on my DX Chogokins, but when I reassemble the hip and screw it back together, I get a huge amount of resistance and the screw begins to strip. I might be using too much nail polish, and should probably consider a different technique for tightening the joints on these particular toys.

In the mean time, I want to replace the screws for a few of my DX Chogokins, but I'm not too savvy in a hardware store. Would anyone happen to know specific sizes for the screws used in these things? Are they fairly universal (apart from length) from release to release? Or from joint to joint? Thanks for any help.

• 2 years later...

I have been filing inside the hole and applying bondic . If I cover the hole I drill it and file and sand again. Seems to hold but issue of being slightly noticeable on larger screws

Edited by Buddhais