In it's entirety? Probably not. But it can't be denied that such moments would exist. It isn't until kids start getting into their teens that really start to rebel, and I could see some troubles beginning arise from his parent's reactions to that, especially if Leia and Han were already have relationship problems. And who knows when Snoke first appeared in young Ben's life? As his home life was deteriorating, it's possible Snoke (disguised as a benevolent Kenobi-style individual) could have easily insinuated himself into Young Ben's world even without his parent's noticing.

Seeds laid in the minds of the young grow the quickest.

Talking about ships.

For Fhawks sake, give us some new bloody tie fighters. Man would it be so cool if we could get Tie Defenders or Tie Hunters. Jeez. So sick of the basic Tie fighters. As bad as it was the Prequels were pretty original. I loved the Naboo Fighter. So sleek looking, general Grivous' Fighter and even the Jedi proto fighters.

While I love. No ADORE the Falcon why cant we have a new runner ship. Like a YT 1930 or something we got from the rebels. Disney is being really lazy

The new Rebel captial ships look like an upright YT 2400 and I hate that design

This being fantasy, they don't have to hold to any real-world criteria about the stagnation of technology, nor should they. There is an entire universe out there of alien races and human worlds building ships to keep us salivating, if only they would delve into them! Heck, even going back into the prequels and updating some designs would be cool enough, or bring us some more ships from SW Rebels!

But they are going for a hogh-podge look that was exemplified in Leia's ship that landed at Maz's ruined 'bar.' A side-ways flying brick with a B-Wing cockpit if I ever saw one!

I wonder if they have time and money until December to redo them..?

My 2 cents are that military innovation generally occurs when there is a clear, ongoing threat.  In the real world, the 2 World Wars and the Cold War saw great advances, as well as a multitude of new equipment.  "Stagnation" only really occurred after the conclusion of them.  The same can hold true for the SW universe: as long as the conflict between the Rebels and the Empire existed, there would be great advances.  When that conflict ended, stagnation occurs.

So... I agree that Disney should be investing in more new designs to appear alongside the old ones (ones that should rightly be tinkered with and 'upgraded' somehow), but I disagree that it should all be entirely new.

I bet Anikin comes back as a force Ghost in this film.  Hayden Christiansen was brought back for Star Wars Celebration this year which has me curious.

Edited by peter

Can you imagine a preview like that now....fans would be up in arms about spoilers like showing Han so we know he is rescued etc.

As for the end, it is pretty well known that Lucas intended to make 3 trilogies originally. I just don't know why he took so long to make the prequels which he ended up making when he said he would be doing the sequels.

Thanks for sharing. :)

Chris

2 hours ago, Dobber said:

As for the end, it is pretty well known that Lucas intended to make 3 trilogies originally. I just don't know why he took so long to make the prequels which he ended up making when he said he would be doing the sequels.

That three trilogies bit is Lucas mis-remembering.  He had enough ideas for a trilogy at first but reality cut it down to a single movie and that was it - till it made bofo bucks.  By the time Jedi came around it was down to a single trilogy with perhaps more when technology caught up to his "vision" (which does not match the original trilogy of trilogies very much at all).  

4 hours ago, Dynaman said:

That three trilogies bit is Lucas mis-remembering.  He had enough ideas for a trilogy at first but reality cut it down to a single movie and that was it - till it made bofo bucks.  By the time Jedi came around it was down to a single trilogy with perhaps more when technology caught up to his "vision" (which does not match the original trilogy of trilogies very much at all).  

So you're going to choose to ignore all of the post Jedi interviews where Lucas asked Mark Hamil if he would be up for more?  Nobody said the movies were already written but the plan was obviously there.

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 4:57 PM, sketchley said:

So... I agree that Disney should be investing in more new designs to appear alongside the old ones (ones that should rightly be tinkered with and 'upgraded' somehow), but I disagree that it should all be entirely new.

I don't mind upgraded designs so much as flat out bad designs.  You can upgrade old stuff, but at least try to follow some sort of logical design progression, not "You know what would make a TIE fighter even better?  TRACTOR TIRES!!" 

Frankly, the only moderately passable designs we've seen so far are copies of the old stuff that's been tweaked somehow.  The rest of the stuff is like it's suffering from Michael Bay transformer-ism, where everything looks like a someone took random geometric shapes, covered them in glue, and rolled them through a junkyard.

Like.. I almost can't believe I'm saying this, but what happened to all the concept design talent that went into the prequels?  Quality of the movies aside, they actually were full of fun designs that you could actually make viable merchandise out of.

Edited by Chronocidal

I don't know what any of the secondary stuff says but I figure it like this:
Prequels: peak of a civilization, lots of technology
Originals: Monopoly of new tech on one side, the rebels having gathered the best leftovers
Newers: Almost post apocalyptic. The power structure was destroyed and there's been a vacuum.

Ya gotta figure the universe was sort of starting from scratch after RoTJ and the way TFA makes it seem, it didn't come together very smoothly. 

12 hours ago, Mommar said:

So you're going to choose to ignore all of the post Jedi interviews where Lucas asked Mark Hamil if he would be up for more?  Nobody said the movies were already written but the plan was obviously there.

Yes, I'll stick with the one before the first film where Lucas was hiding in Hawaii since he was sure it would be a bomb.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm torn over what I want to see them do with her character this time.  On the one hand, I want them to give her some redemption for having all the willpower of a soggy paper bag in the first movie's ending, but on the other, I don't want to remember that stupid scene at all, and wish it could be written out and turned into something more believable.