• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, mechaninac said:

That last picture kind of ties a knot in your guts and makes you go:  Damn!... :(

True. I really hope that they were able to give Princess Leia a decent send-off.

Also, that picture of Chewie with the thing with the gigantic eyes is really weirding me out. :blink:

-b.

6 hours ago, peter said:

There's been speculation that Chewie eats one of them

10 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

.....i'm good with that..:lol:

Hopefully, and me too.

Chewie chowing down might help make up for the Ewoks.

-b.

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Dobber said:

Personally I like both....though the Capital ship may need to grow on me a little.

Chris

If it grows anymore, we're gonna be approaching Spaceballs levels of camera panning. :p

Though... it's actually not.. that big?  I don't know why they're playing that up when it's no where near the size of the old SSD, let alone any of the other monstrosities the Empire's built.

Edited by Chronocidal

Yeah, it's the second largest ...about 5 times the size of the Imperial Class which was about half the size of the new FO Reurgant class.

Size wise:
Imperial Clas SD: 5249ft
Super Star Destroyer: 62366ft (Still the king....by far)
Resurgent Class (FO) Star Destroyer: 9566ft

so like you said out of the question when it comes to SW vehicles.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Looks like half-finished construction honestly.  I'm curious about the... well.. I'm trying not to make NSFW jokes in my head about it, but the cannon(?) dangling from the bottom looks pretty dumb.

It kinda looks like they had the city/superstructure section from an SSD just detach and float away.

I mean, it's perfectly fitting with everything from the new trilogy so far.  They just seem to be going with a "I'm going to take a random geometric shape, and then throw a repeating generic mechanical paneling texture over it" feel.

At this point, I've just written off the idea that we're going to get any designs that I give a crap about from this new trilogy.  The only passable designs have been hack-jobs or copies of OT designs, and the new designs have been just so ugly that I have to question whether they're even conscious of the concept of marketability. 

Like.. sure, you can make stuff completely utilitarian in design, and just slap engines on bricks, and pray that someone buys your toys. 

Meanwhile, they're making it a lot easier for me, since it's one less franchise for me to spend money on.  Also makes it slightly easier to justify getting the Bandai PG Millennium Falcon, since I can focus my Star Wars budget on OT stuff. :p

Edited by Chronocidal