So those things from the trailer lined up over the planet we all thought were capitol ships are actually "bombers" huh?  They look like horribly dressed up B-Wings.  I think the idea is they're like a flying fortress and they attempted to borrow the B-Wing aesthetic but... ugh.

Edited by Mommar

I'm calling scale shenanigans on the "bomber."  That thing in actual minifigure scale would be huge

Re-watching the trailer, those things are easily the size of a small corvette or something.  There's a shot of a tie fighter passing behind one at close range that's good for scale.

5929e2f8b439b_ss(2017-05-27at01_33.48).jpg.a0fc9cdf134f404793be1542311a13e1.jpg

But yeah.  I think they're ditching the idea of fighter-bombers, and actually playing with the idea of huge lumbering weapons platforms, more like B-17s and B-29s in WWII.  I guess it's not a bad idea in and of itself, but against things like star destroyers, anything that big and slow, no matter how well armed or armored, is just a big fat target.

And the stupid thing is still ducking fugly as hell. 

48 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Did you look at the Lego set?  It looks like an oversized B-Wing with additional turrets.

I was referring to when I first saw the trailer.

Chris

1 hour ago, Chronocidal said:

I'm calling scale shenanigans on the "bomber."  That thing in actual minifigure scale would be huge

Re-watching the trailer, those things are easily the size of a small corvette or something.  There's a shot of a tie fighter passing behind one at close range that's good for scale.

5929e2f8b439b_ss(2017-05-27at01_33.48).jpg.a0fc9cdf134f404793be1542311a13e1.jpg

But yeah.  I think they're ditching the idea of fighter-bombers, and actually playing with the idea of huge lumbering weapons platforms, more like B-17s and B-29s in WWII.  I guess it's not a bad idea in and of itself, but against things like star destroyers, anything that big and slow, no matter how well armed or armored, is just a big fat target.

And the stupid thing is still ducking fugly as hell. 

That's a good reminder.  The Lego set is horribly undersized.  And the design is terrible no matter how big or small it is.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

That did everything that the teaser DIDN't do for me. It gave me chills....maybe because I absolutely LOVED music in that behind the scenes video. Man.....when you here the Force theme hit.....crap, I teared up. I'd love for that to be part of the soundtrack. No I'm going to watch it again. :D

Chris

Edited by Dobber

• 2 weeks later...