wave monster kit

seti88

Not sure if this has been discussed somewhere but found a tweet from jp modellers abt a HWR- monster kit from wave...

post-15116-0-91254500-1451819815_thumb.jpg

Just posting in case anyone can translate the description in the pic. I have no idea if this is new or old.

Edited by seti88

Wave's vf1 seemed a little off, but their scope dog turbo custom from votoms looks pretty cool and the destroid kits looked nice. Although they usually don't pose like bandai gundam kits I think new monster kit would make me spaz. I usually like a lot that looks good vs a kit that can crouch on one knee.

• 7 months later...

i built a Destroid Tomahawk from wave and its great!! No comparisons with the terrible and old bandai destroids reissues. No comparisons also with the bad 1/72 vf-1 wich is for sure a lot more loose than the wave kit. Bandai's are terribly lazy and greedy

I'd like a 1/72 Monster from Wave

Edited by Gatsu

I wonder what the market would be like for a 1/72 plastic Monster. I think it's just too big for most modelers, but I would certainly buy one (or two!). I'm guessing it would probably be at least in the $200-$250 range if Wave did it, but that would still be cheaper than resin (as awesome as those models are). I'm sure it's just too big a model for anyone to tackle as a mass-production plastic kit. The molds would be pretty expensive.

But the Wave one will be WAY more detailed and be easily modded for Arduino control with sounds, lighting and servos.

It'd be a hell of an engineering task to make one in 1/72. Even 1/100 would be big. Both would need an internal structure to keep it from falling apart. Given the cost of the 1/350 Enterprise I'd say from $150 to $300.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't forget about the loose polycaps trying to hold up that weight

Yes the destroid joints are a bit loose. I don't know, if you look at the scale chart shown in the image in this page https://boardgamegeek.com/image/1640654/robotech-rpg-tactics the monster should not be much higher then the Bandai Regult, which is strangely on scale (i thought is was too small compared to the vf-1) so it doesn t seems too big to me. I had the Yamato Monster which was 1/100 and it was smaller than the vf-1 1/48 when in gerwalk mode... considering that the original monster is only in gerwalk mode i think if people found a room for 1/48 battroid they can found it for a 1/72 monster...

Edited by Gatsu

The Yamato monster is smaller than the original monster. Wave teased a 1/100 scale one, but not 1/72 and either way wave joints have always been a bit loose compared to kits from other companies and which ever scale they try to make would probably look great, but would have probably been crouched to its lowest point due to the design and weight.

I still would have bought one anyway and hoped to be able to fix the issues, but that may be why wave never produced it.